Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I dont disagree with your comments. As for Univision commentators I take what they say with a grain of salt. Their idiots. That being said, whatever was going thru Rueda's head in those last minutes clearly came back to haunt him (as they should have). I think Bauza is a great coach and he does understand and know the Ecuadorian politics, players and environment but it's few and far between where you have DTs that can be very successful at both. I mean for the FEF it should be a no brainer as he should fall in line with Rueda's budget. But as you mentioned, you need him, want him NOW so as not to give Rueda any time to decide right? Well, Bauza is in the middle of Semis for CL and San Lorenzo wont likely see him off that easy so at best we're talking about a late Aug/Sept announcement? There's no way Rueda (and especially Chiriboga) will wait until then. Also, knowing that Bauza knows the ins and outs of Ecua futbol he's not going step in without a million requirements which again bring in Chiriboga into the conversation. He reminds me of every corrupt south american futbol president. There's your real problem. Chiriboga will never bring anyone in who requires he step out of the process and that what the DT decides is what's final. This is what the FCF and Bedoya had to do in hiring Pekerman. It's also what's required of hiring a DT like Bielsa. Maybe Bauza has a good relationship with Chiriboga? All I know is Rueda should step away as he's simply resisted by media and fans. Even if he has the best of intentions, no one will let him work in peace another four years and no one will be patient enough to see him thru a poor CA or a bad start to the WCQ.

2. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This. Along with the pig residing in the presidents chair being removed is what's needed first.
    As a country we've been stagnant in futbol terms after around 2006. We haven't put up a decent copa America showing since god knows when and frankly the country is worn out with the same soccer philosophies. Maybe it's true we don't have an Abundance of talent like some of the other South America countries in the area, maybe were just a bit to optimistic about the potential of our players and their limits but why the f$&;& not?
    This is a sport that is played for entertainment and pleasure not geopolitics/international law/ or a likely cause of a civil war, why the f$/@& shouldn't we risk it? Put everything on the line and bring in a new futbol school of thought and approach.

Luigi408 repped this.
  3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/moviles/read/45840/1

Finally it's good to know that some in power are working to bring in a new candidate to fight Chiriboga next year. As someone said in the comments "finally, a little light at the end of the tunnel". I seriously was losing hope at anything changing but it needs to start from the top. Glad people that want the best for Ecuador futbol are making it happen. Fuera Chiriboga!

PABLITO repped this.
  4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Jose cevallos for President

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like the idea of Cevallos as a candidate, but I'm not too sure if he is the perfect one at the moment. Cevallos has proven he can hold an administrative position without a problem, but it seems too soon. He's always wanted to be President of BSC and I personally believe that should be his first step before moving into the Federation. I just think the FEF and the country would benefit from a more experienced Cevallos than the one right now.

Nasib Nehme to me is the man. He should be the main candidate.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In essence, we will suffer to get points....we need to win all our home games and win at least two away. If there are point drops at any time, we're screwed. While it's an obvious statement to make, having Brazil back for contention complicates everything. Now more than ever we need a coach who can instill in our players confidence to strive for greatness both home and away. We need a big point cushion early on- as we've seen, the race gets tight towards the end, and it's at that point where we've usually sputtered.

7. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    From what I've read the president of the FEF has to have headed at least one organization within its parameters. I believe cevallos has a seat in a public governmental office if I'm not mistaken. Which is another reason (apart from the love he holds for this team) he wants to preside over the BSC

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would have taken a beating like Brazil today just to have Rueda gone.

9. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nahh. I'll pass.this is something we saw coming,this Brazil had so many paquetes ,puro marketing,they went up against a real contender and theres the result,embarrassing result.I wouldnt wish that on our worst enemies.

10. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
  11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'
    I saw this and some of the rumors that are rising are not good at all, some even mentioning that he got into a brawl with one of the players he coached during the world cup, other that he got drunk and himself doesn't even remember.

Regarding the FEF, I seriously do not believe Chiriboga will quit nor get beaten in an election, ese man tiene el puesto amarrado, the small teams are in debt to him because of the TV rights and whoever rises as an opponent if any, the typical Sierra vs Costa thing will rise.

Chiriboga staying will not only be bad to our NT but it will extend the ridiculous financial problems our futbol is having, this goes beyond players salaries, caretakers in stadiums, food vendors, maintenance but most importantly most clubs are in serious debts with the banks. We talk a lot about the Youth divisions of our NT but let me tell you, it has come down to the point where they are training in rented fields, not even bottled water is provided to them in the microciclos.
    Chiriboga has not been in charge for almost 16 years, this issue has been anything quiet, it's a problem that just got bigger and bigger each and every year, club presidents have been allowed to sign and sign players paying salaries that just were not realistic while the club still had past debts not paid, guys there isn't an easy solution to this, granted, this has happened in other countries, Argentina and Brasil had even bigger deficits but they had/have the commercial power to drag more investors and sponsors to their tournament. Peru had a similar situation in 2012 this lead to the bigger team in the country actually becoming a private property, and new share holders throwing A LOT of money to bring the numbers back to black.

Rueda will always be a favorite topic in any Ecuadorian futbol conversation, but the man's work which lasted 4 years should be measured in all fairness, the man had his faults, but I doubt any Ecuadorian coach had more adversity than this one, he left a country in which he was pretty much worshiped by players, fans and press, landed in a country where his signing was a disappointment, he had the task of renovating the roster and for the major part he did, I don't know how much player managers, players and Chiriboga manipulating call ups but if they are all these issues such as coaches, managers and call ups become almost irrelevant if the source of our futbol goes South, our Campeonato is in serious trouble, don't expect to see young talent being properly trained, fed, educated and given a time to develop in a club that cant even pay their starting players, which leads to wonder how well is a player training and how motivated is he if he hasn't been paid in 2-3 months and how high in the club's priority are maintaining youth programs when your first team hasn't been paid, on top of that you got the banks threatening to foreclose your stadium.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is all a serious problem. It is worrisome to me when only Emelec, Independiente, and Liga are the only clubs that can support themselves w/o trouble. It's just very complicated to find a way to get out of that problem. I wish we only had a list of real possible candidates that are willing to take charge of the FEF.

Regarding Rueda, I don't think it was just a fall down the steps. I think something went down and he got a beating. I don't think it's from one of the players and find that hard to believe. But you never know.

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn! Hahaha I hope it was a fight in the locker room. Valencia has been quiet this whole time haha. He probably beat the crap out of Rueda for sending everyone to defend when we needed to win lol. If I was Rueda I'd leave Ecuador. If it wasn't a player beating him up, it will be some one else from Ecuador that eventually will. He won't be in peace in Ecuador ever. Which is fine by me.

Wish someone would do the same to Chiriboga lol.

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Another dude who I think should be on the list of candidates to be President of the FEF is Michelle Deller. He has Independiente (a small market team with limited resources) running smoothly. Not only does he have Independiente contending in the Ecuadorean league, he also has them in sound financial shape. He also emphasizes good scouting and player development.

I don't know if I'll feel comfortable with Cevallos running the FEF. It has nothing to do with with the fact that he's a BSC guy either. I would first like to see how he runs a team and see what level of success he enjoys.

As b9d23m89 previously noted, Nasib Neme should make for a strong candidate. He's a no nonsense guy with a proven track record

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the ecuadorian media is already asking Bauza if he'd be interested in coaching the NT and he says without a doubt. This idea needs to be pushed! Let's keep it up!

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes please! Everyone and their grandmother can see Bauza would be the best coach for Ecuador out of everyone.

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I also hope that Bauza is the one running the show soon. As for Chriboga, he's a lifer in his position. Think about it, if he hasn't resigned yet for honor after a failed world cup qualification cycle (2010...which was not Sixto Vizuete's fault btw), multiple abject failures in the Copa America, coyotero scandals, financial crisis after financial crisis, a crooked TV deal, corruption concerns, and the obvious media/fans outrage at his selections of coaches, nothing will get this man out of his spot except voting him out. He no longer has honor and is just another sin verguenza politician staying for power and prestige without representing well.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  19. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only way Chiriboga will leave is if he gets voted out. Problem is that he injects teams with money when they're struggling financially and guess what...most teams are struggling financially! Have you seen any of the local games? Have you seen the empty stands? It's impossible for these teams to pay the players when no one is going to the games. This son of a bitch Chiriboga gets kick backs when players his son represents get signed to go play in Mexico or elsewhere. That's why he forces the coaches to put them on the national team. We all complained about Rueda. Yeah...Rueda sucked, but the real problem is this low life scum bag Luis Chiriboga. He's got the whole system manipulated.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    With the exception of Emelec fans, this season has to be the poorest in attendance in the last few years. I'm sure once the numbers come out you guys will see what I'm talking about. Very concerning situation that ecuadorian futbol is in at the moment. Rodrigo Paz said it two years ago, algo bien malo va a pasar si no hay cambios ahorita. We're getting a preview of it now.

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just read that there will be 4 friendlies this year. Knowing them, we will play with the same guys.

22. Kr0nika R0ja

Kr0nika R0ja Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Big Apple
    Club:
    Deportivo Cuenca
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    By Bolivia/Chile, Brazil, Colombia and USA.... You are right lol

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not a bad selection. We are facing three teams that made it out of group stage and one that made it into the final 4 enough though they got thrashed (assuming we choose Chile over Bolivia).

Even Bolivia isn't a bad option. I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing a Libertadores where The Strongest could've easily gotten through to quarterfinals (eliminated by penalties to Defensor Sporting-one of the final 4 teams left) and Bolivar is currently in the semifinal. Might be unrelated with the NT, but they have two competitive club teams that could be a solid base for their NT. Bolivia isn't going to be a piece of cake like other times. I have a feeling a ton of teams will have trouble in La Paz this time more than ever before. I'd take a friendly with them as very much acceptable at the beginning of a process where we have to begin trying out new players.

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would love to play these friendlies with our coach already. It will be a waste of 4 FIFA dates, also, Enner, Antonio, Caicedo, Hormiga, Montero and even Gruezo should maybe given the chance to stay and adapt to their teams along with others who just got transferred. My call up would be something like this.

Dominguez
    Banguera
    Narvaez,
    Campos (needs all the help he can get to get back in shape)
    Pineida
    Bagui
    Corozo
    Erazo
    Ramirez
    Gonzales
    Ibarra
    Noboa
    Guerrero
    M Bolanos
    Alex Bolanos
    Fidel
    Arroyo
    Sornoza
    Angulo
    Penilla

-----------------------------------------Dominguez--------------------------------------
    Narvaez-------------------Campos-----------------------Erazo-------------------Ramirez
    Ibarra---------------------Noboa(Miller)------------------------A Bolanos--------------Arroyo
    ------------------------Penilla----------------------------------Sornoza--------------------

the players in Europe along with Marcos Caicedo, De Jesus, Yoya, Walter should be allowed to stay with their clubs and consolidate themselves.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  25. Mi Pana

Mi Pana New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Guys I'm new here but I just want to say... Rueda is a disgrace. That is all.

barcelonista1981 repped this.