Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok, I will provide someinfo in the matter since one of my colleagues is covering the proposal of some of the Vocales alternos to bring up 2 more teams to first Division and therefore an easier schedule since now our teams end up playing 44 games each year opposite of 38 like most parts of the world, this will bring down the amount of games per year, clear off Wednesdays to eventually establish a Copa Ecuador tournament.

The FEF has a board of directors, Chiriboga is the head and his position is up for elections The Vice President Villacis position comes as "part of the package" meaning the elected president bring his vice president, El Tesorero Hugo Edison Mora also gets elected, now los 7 Vocales principales y los 9 alternos along with the Secretario general (Francisco Javier Acosta) y los asesores Juridicos e Internacional are all under employment by Chrirboga.

All club associated with la FEF that are in Primera B and Primera A get to vote and elect the new President, which means 24 votes decide, Asociaciones have no saying in this but truthfully the main problem is that no one has showed any interest in opposing Chiriboga in the last decade so I don't have much hope of that changing.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    there is opposition but it is minimal. The smaller teams are most likely to give him the vote b/c he does sh*t like bring this Canal de Futbol thing into play which has ended up benefiting the smaller teams and stealing away income from the bigger ones. The only small team so far that has opposed against him being re-elected is Olmedo. I'm sure even all those teams in the Serie B will give him a vote. It just sucks when you can't do anything about this clown leaving. The good thing is that EVERYONE knows his intention to sign Reinaldo Rueda once again- which I hope works against him 100%. The decision will be made on July 21st or 22nd so we'll see what happens.

Right now Reinaldo is an option for Colombia and Honduras. Pekerman is rumored to have offers in Europe so it is likely that he leaves Colombia.

It is also rumored that Chiri has spoke with Javier Azkargorta, Jorge Luis Pinto, and Sergio Markarian so far. All rumors but nothing confirmed. The sad thing is none of these coaches are what Ecuador needs.

I'll be praying this fat mother f*cker doesn't get re-elected as I'm sure all of you will. It's ridiculous how he manipulates the smaller teams and buys their vote with money that he steals from los grandes. SOB!!!

Luigi408 repped this.
  3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Pinto has Costa Rica playing attractive football, and he has done more in 1 WC than Rueda in 2. Wouldn't be my choice but I'd put in anybody over Rueda at this point.

scarface234 repped this.
  4. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Surprisingly, Pinto was a complete fracas with Colombia, he never got them playing like they are today even with all the star players they still had back then. But in all honesty I doubt Pekerman will resign as coach for Colombia, not after considering how well he's had them playing along with getting Colombian citizenship, I wouldn't be able to imagine how the Colombian press would take Rueda as coach again, they would probably make his life a living hell. Ecuador seriously needs a new coach, I want to see a fresh start, I'm tired of the boring football and constant midfield invisilbity during games, we need a change, Rueda's tactics may work for another football team but not ours. And we need to start replacing our defense ASAP,anyone have any idea where Morante is? It seems like after playing in U de Chile he disappeared from the national team.

5. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rueda's more likely to coach Honduras to be honest, I read an article before the World Cup where he was asked what was going to happen to him after the World Cup and he said that he wasn't sure, but he was thinking of possibly coaching Honduras again, since he has Honduran citizenship and he has a lot of love for Honduras due to family ties and friends he has over there. Rueda also said that *if Ecuador failed to show a decent participation in the tournament, he'd prefer to not renew his contract since he's already been receiving a lot of hostility from fans and the Ecuadorian press over poor team play and results. But, then again I wouldn't be surprised if Chirboga convinces Rueda to renew his contract.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colombians to my knowledge don't have anything against Rueda. If anything, they believe him to be a good coach since he was close to qualifying them in 2006. Rueda was also one the people who was part of the development at youth level of players like Falcao and many others who are part of the Colombian NT today or who were part of the Qualifier process that Pekerman was in charge of (I'm pretty sure he was a U-20 coach for Colombia). Lot's of the Colombian NT players know Rueda and have a fond memory of him when they were at youth level. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if he'd coach Colombia. The reason why it's hard for some of us to believe that would happen is because his experience in Ecuador was nothing similar. A return to Honduras has also been rumored as you said which seems very probable too.

Did you hear what Enner Valencia said today about Rueda? He said that Rueda is too much of a good person and "no tiene mano dura" when he has to implement it. And he even went as far as saying Sampaoli and Quinteros had a tougher and more strict personality which helped out the team. I think that made it clear to everyone that Rueda lacks control and leadership for these guys.

It's clear now that Enner isn't afraid to say what's on his mind just like at one point Felipe wasn't either during the Copa America. Obviously right now Enner is in power to say lo que le da la gana....and the reason why is b/c Ecuador depends on him to score, let alone tie or win a game. That kid right now feels like he can bash whoever he wants, which for once IMO is a good thing b/c we freakin need that. What worried me was that when Enner was asked if there were problems en el camerino, he said: "En la Selección todos somos compañeros, pero no todos son amigos de todos. Por ahí te llevas bien con unos, en mi caso con Walter (Ayoví), que está en el Pachuca; con la gente de Emelec (Gabriel Achilier, Óscar Bagüí), y con otros solo saludas.

This is contrary to the "everybody is bestfriends" bullsh*t that Rueda always says.

And is it just me or is it weird that Antonio hasn't said a word since the elimination? I don't feed into the whole locker room problems that people tried to make up between him and Frickson, but I do have a feeling that something in general wasn't right and a lot of people get the same notion. Not saying that there was a fight or argument, just maybe some tension due to a disagreement and also disappointment. Does anyone get that vibe?

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    another key quote Enner said that makes me feel like there was a disagreement somewhere along the way was when he said:

¿Cómo interpretan los jugadores que cuando se necesita vencer a Francia para avanzar, el DT Reinaldo Rueda hace entrar un zaguero sobre el final del partido?
    Son decisiones del cuerpo técnico. Él (Rueda) lo vio de una forma, nosotros de otra. Pero seguro pensaba en lo mejor para el equipo. Era necesario ganar como sea porque ya en la cancha escuchábamos que Suiza vencía en el otro partido (ante Honduras), pero las decisiones del cuerpo técnico se acatan.

¿A qué se refiere con que le falta mano dura a Rueda?
    (Enner ríe y piensa). En tomar otras decisiones, nada más.,He tenido técnicos que son más duros como (Jorge) Sampaoli o (Gustavo) Quinteros (ambos en Emelec).

These two things he says just make me think that ideas weren't connecting between players-coach and maybe even players-players. I kind of get why people get that vibe now that Enner made these statements.

8. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes I get that feeling too, I don't know why I smelt it from far away that there was some conflict amongst the players even before the World Cup. I don't see them as united as they were during quaifiers, I think that a lot of nervousnous has caused a rift between them due to bringing emotions and anxiety on the field and not performing right, also there's probably a lot of anxiety as well due to that lack of leadership that Enner said in other words about Rueda. I don't see our team as cohesive as Colombia's national team, where everyone seems to be in sync with each other and generally on good terms, it seems to me that there's a few egos on the team that may be clashing . Lets just hope for the best that we get out of this, honestly I'm on elcomercio right now and the editorials are absolutely bashing the national team everyday, comparing us to Colombia and Costa Rica and saying that they actually know how to work aroun tough situations such as injuries(true, I have to agree). Also, is anyone here as shocked that Costa Rica did so well this World Cup? I honestly never imagined that the team that we thrashed 3-0 and that sat bottom of the group in Germany 2006 with 0points would get farther in a world cup than us! Wow how times change, now we're on the receiving end of the World Cup looking in, how cruel football is. I praise Costa Rica strong team, I just never imagined that they would make the quarter finals before us.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  9. scarface234

scarface234 Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yea seems like Rueda analyzed the game another way from what the players did, I don't think that the players played defending because they're mediocre, I think that there was generally a lot of confusion on what to do based on what the coach saw and what they were seeing on the field. I'm still upset that we couldn't at least make it to the round of 16, I feel like this just proves bandwagon fans that we "got lucky" and that will drift off never to be heard from again. It hurts though because we had the recipe, but we just needed the right steps. Ecuador has the players but we're lacking a coach. I have a lot of friends that are CHilean and Mexican and they were praising some of our guys like Arroyo and Enner saying that they're World class and "cracks" and how they were surprised that Ecuador didn't use them at their full potential. But, then again our elimination could have been worse, Honduras' elimination had to be one of the more embarrassing ones along with Cameroon and Spain's.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  10. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
    I saw this today on Canal Teleamazonas and was very happy to hear that the Sports writers and Sports media in general in Ecuador, are asking for change in coaching, coaching philosophy and President too. I hope and pray that this gets more traction in the media over there and force something positive to happen in FEF.

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i mean hey we been through a lot chucho and even castillo were the guys who held us together as a family we lost them right be for the world cup build up so much pressure to preform and advance and just didnt id be pissed to heck i am pissed not at the players though but it true rueda is not the coach who screams at the side line or even does much there he is kinda like shit what do i do and crumbles under pressure him developing a good youth system in colombia is different he bought up a youth team knows colombian football back and forth of course he could of achieved the things he did in colombia vizuete did the same and could do even better now if he coached you ever hear the saying expect the best but prepare for the worst ? rueda just didnt prepare for a long time i think he was just always expecting the best with us which at one point we did need but when every thing fell apart that close to world cup he just couldnt think left or right for a solution try new tactic find replacements that close to world cup have the players motivated and pray every thing goes well that might have been the toughest spot ive ever seen a coach in and i dont think ruedas own mentality can recover from that with us let alone get the team back and united as they were before on top of that all the comments from fans and media man this is why we need a new coach new ideas new mentality new forms of discipline we need some one to come in like bauza and change that for us like b9 said ecuadorian can win cups to not just participate in them that is what our team needs to believe in them selves again after all this cause we can all feel the disappointment and recovering from that need a lot more than a guy like rueda can even offer especially si que no tiene ni un mano dura remember the vine montero and valencia did before the world cup it was not the same as the ones before where every one was hyped and ready it was just them trying to do some motivation and every one else doing there own thing that alone says everything

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #62 b9d23m89, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Thank you for posting that video of the press critiquing Rueda and Chiriboga and saying they need to go. Makes me feel a bit happier.

IMO the rift between players has to be that there is no leadership. I think Valencia fully supports Rueda. He is a player that is a 'coaches player'. He doesn't question the coach at all (like he didn't at Man U), and since he is the captain, he makes sure everyone follows the rules in the field that the coach gives. This is where I think Valencia has failed to do. He didn't speak up when he needed to.

I think this probably alienated players like E. Valencia who speak their mind. E. Valenca is a player who just doesn't give a ******** what FEF or Rueda think at all. For example, signing with a brand that doesn't go with FEF which pissed of Chiriboga (FEF lost $$$). I also think Erazo was mad too because he is a leader that also questions authority (IMO he should be next up to be captain). Players aren't stupid, as E. Valencia said, they knew they had to play more attacking game because they were going home if they tied. For what ever reason Rueda and the players that support him had a different plan. It's plain obvious the plan was stupid as hell. That is why Univision really critized Rueda.

That is my theory as to why there is a rift in the locker room. It has to do with lack of leadership and a lack of a real coach. Many players saw this problem from the start of the World Cup. No one had the leadership to fix it.

As you guys said. All we can do I pray and hole there is major change. Hope someone standup and kicks Rueda and Chiriboga out of FEF.

PABLITO repped this.
  14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Another good video.

PABLITO repped this.
  15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    this picture says a thousand his sudden disappearance for us his performance just wasn't him

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Really interesting. I love Tono but I don't see his qualities as a captain. He's a leader in his style of play, but he's not vocal or commanding. Look at how he is at Man U, he doesn't celebrate with teammates and seems to be a quiet, introverted type of guy. W. Ayovi should have stayed as captain, you can see how respected he is by everyone wherever he plays.

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    For what it's worth, I'll throw my opinion out there. In advance, I apologize for absence from the board during most of the World Cup- I've been in Quito working, and I've barely had any time to myself. The Ecuadawgs and our forum have been missed.

I've been hearing a lot of speculation about some of the things regarding possible disaster scenarios that the seleccion faced in Brazil, and as tidbits of information are being leaked, I'm beginning to give credence to some of these rumors.

During the Switzerland game, several friends who were in attendance in Brasilia said that at half time, Valencia was yelling at guys like Guagua, Dominguez, and Erazo- I heard he was yelling at one player with the "chucha tu madre" mentality because guys looked very slow. In stoppage time when Switzerland crushed our spirits, my buddy said that Valencia looked up a the sky and just walked off when the whistle blew- evidently in a manner to indicate a total loss of morale. The same thing happened versus Honduras with his frustrations. What do I equate this to? I think a lot of our guys showed up to collect checks and play on the big stage. Guagua was caught walking on multiple occasions, and truth be told, until Valencia got the red vs. France, we lacked any real sense of urgency.

Rueda has been criticized by the press, the public, and within the inner circles of those associated to the sport, they're all respectfully calling for Rueda to not sign-on again. As for Chiriboga, barring him stepping down like the English FA AND Italian FA presidents did, we'll need to wait until January for a (potentially) new president to be elected. For now, it does seem like Chiriboga would be the likely president for the following 4-6 years. Neme, Paz, and Cevallos are rumored to be candidates, but you need a deep coalition to beat Chriboga who has built relationships for years with many dirigentes associated to Ecuafutbol.
    Why should he leave?
    -Ecuadorian football is facing what is most likely it's worst financial period of the past 15-20 years. Nearly every team is scraping to get by, and teams like Barcelona, Dep Quito, and Aucas are either saddled by massive debt, lawsuits, or some combination of both. The Olmedos, Liga De Loja, and others, live on shared revenue from TV rights and poor ticket sales, and the ungodly amount of advertisements in their stadiums and jerseys.
    - Ecuadorian football is facing a crisis of leadership. Regrettably, with 16 years of leadership, Chiriboga is an entrenched monster who wants to keep his job for the perks, and not for the challenge of improving.
    -Agents associated to players or Ecuafutbol are calling the shots and have too much power over people like Rueda, clubs, etc. These private interests are choking our talent. When you hear Enner Valencia say he doesn't want to have an agent because his last one took him to Mexico and then basically forgot about him, we have a problem!!!!! Now, agentless, Valencia is at the will of his club to sell him to the highest bidder, and not necessarily a team who might be better "futbolisticamente". Chiriboga's brother is another one of these stooges who has a lot to gain from having guys on the NT.
    -The NT itself needs a mentality shift..........check out this article about Pekerman, el man es un tremendo duro!!!!

http://www.elespectador.com/noticias/nacional/nestor-pekerman-y-el-orden-mental-articulo-464252

There might very well be different factions on the NT at the moment. One rumor was surrounding some xenophobic ideas lurking around the locker room where guys like Valencia were against bringing on nationalized players, or playing alongside them. I'd hate to believe we carry such prejudices on a team where as mainly black men, they represent a severely impoverished and marginalized sector of Ecuadorian society. Total contradictions. But hey, it's possible. Other players just didn't seem invested in glory or defending the shirt for the right reasons. Proof? We can go back a long way to see our guys in friendlies taking pictures at Bal Harbour shops in Miami coming out of Gucci and LV instead of focusing on the game. Or showing up to play just because you're getting paid.

Here's where I think a guy like Valencia, Chucho (RIP) (and Enner now), Montero, Noboa, and Mendez have mental edges on the rest of the players- they play against or have played against elite competition on a (semi)regular basis. They know the pressure of being in a great league, playing for hard-nosed coaches, and being accountable every step of the way- not to mention they enjoy being competitive. Does the same player who goes in to play Macara or Mushuc Runa carry a similar mentality? I highly doubt it- they don't know that level because it takes an extreme form of athletic professionalism and maturity to excel at the highest level, and our guys are still generally underdeveloped in that capacity. Is it changing? Sure, but issues of the mind are a lot more difficult to fix than an athletic issue.

My concern from here is how do we target the identity of the NT's form as we move on to a new cycle of qualifiers and Copa America tournament format. Do we keep Rueda, play conservatively, and potentially alienate fans who will once again call for his ousting (history repeats itself back to 2011 when I spent the entire summer with the NTs and clubs in Quito), or do we risk it all and change the face of our NT? I sincerely hope its the latter, but the roadblocks are far too many to count at the moment. For the sake of the NT, lets hope we can get answers to these questions, and many more soon.

I'm going to meet up with Sixto Vizuete and his team of coaches this week, and hopefully I'll get an inside scoop on what they say- need to keep the friendship alive!!!

saludos desde Quito!

b9d23m89 and Luigi408 repped this.
  18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I originally thought Antonio didn't have leadership qualities until Walter passed his band onto him. But during the end of the Qualifier I saw the leadership and vocal side of Antonio come out into full effect which I didn't see a few years back, so I can't personally say he's not a leader (like I originally believed a few years back), but I have always said that there were much better candidates to be captain- Erazo and Noboa being the only other two with real leadership in the squad. I do feel like Antonio couldn't handle being the captain and the stress, pressure, and adversity he faced was too much for him to handle in this WC.

I think the role of captain should be up for grabs at this point b/c if you can only handle a team when they're at their best and disappear when they're at their worst, it's a very worrisome situation. I don't find Valencia's introverted personality to be a problem. Messi is also someone who many have described as an introvert, but if it's not his voice on the field, it's his talent and belief his teammates have in him that carries Argentina far in the most crucial moments. Antonio has talent and his teammates believe in him (at least we have all believed that to be the case until this WC performance). Antonio demonstrated a very strong personality and carried us on his back when Chucho passed. His performances were consistent in the second half of the Qualifier where he stood out game after game. That's why I do kind of believe something (either a disagreement/disappointment) went on in the locker room that we don't know about. At first I might have thought it was just a rumor or something the media tried to create between the Erazo vs. Antoinio issue, but in all honesty there's something behind all that. It may not exactly be that both players have something against each other, but after I saw Enner's statements a few days ago, I have that feeling that there was some sort of disagreement between player-player and player-coach relationship on whatever was being communicated. And it most likely caused tension, nervousness, insecurity, and confusion behind the scenes.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well now that you said all this LDU4ever, I might as well tell the people on this forum about some of the dirt I found too. I won't mentioned names b/c I'm not out here to harm anyone's reputation. But Antonio does have a BIG say on who's welcome and not welcome on the NT if you get what I mean. Rueda has a good relationship with him from what I heard, aparte del futbol. So what Antonio says goes. Kind of like how Leo Messi has that say in Barca and in the Argentine NT. I'll give you guys one hint....Just like Tevez isn't taken into consideration on the Argentine NT for as long as Messi is there, Alex Colon won't be taken into consideration for as long as Antonio is there. That's why even when Colon had a great season, he was only taken into consideration ONCE and something happened during that concentracion and Antonio told Rueda that as long as he is there he doesn't ever want Colon on the NT when he was in his best moment last year. Although Rueda doesn't play with enganches, that's not exactly the ONLY reason why you guys didn't see Colon the NT. Just saying...Why do you guys think Rueda dodged the question of "por que no esta Alex Colon" a million times when Colon was doing great w/ D.Quito? He would always find a way out of that question and say "todo pasa por que esten en buen momento y lo vamos a analizar" etc. and a whole bunch of other BS. Well, there was more than one reason to why.

From what I heard, Colon thinks he's real hot sh*t and even tried to holler at someones wife (one of the other player's wife) and after that Antonio said never again. So if Colon were to have had a break out season in Pachuca these last 6 months, it wouldn't have been a surprise to not see him on the NT. No matter how good Colon does, as long as Antonio is there (and Rueda, as well) we won't see Colon there.

There's also something that was said about Pedro Quinonez and the reason why he wasn't included in the final list for more than just one reason (which would be having Oswaldo be the 4th back up center back) that I just heard this week but I don't really believe it. But then again, if I trace back to a sketchy situation Pedro was in a while back, it wouldn't surprise me if he was involved in a scandal similar to what Colon was involved. And i'll leave it at that.

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn. Sad reading about situation that might be happening in the locker room. I think this ultimately falls on Rueda as a coach and the main leader. I hope if we get a new coach he is able to deal with big egos.
    We didn't have these type of problems before because the guys were very humble and didn't play in big leagues as much as today. Now our players are in the very top of big leagues. Their egos are getting way too big and that is okay as long as there is a good coach that can establish that no one is above the team. Mano dura like Enner Valencia said. Someone who won't take the BS from no one in the team. Anyways, I am praying that we hear some good news by the end of the month. Tired of so much bad news and nothing we can do about it.

21. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who and where was Enner Valencia before Rueda brought him in and put him upfront to start and help him become the star he has become for the NT? I'm happy for the guy but truly hope this is all media speculation because EV has a lot to thank Rueda. Also, lets not forget the loss of Chucho, a key and pivotal player in HIS PRIME. Somehow the DT is supposed to find an easy replacement for such a key player in a short amount of time? Is it also Rueda's fault that Caicedo dropped in form so horrendously? Or that Antonio Valencia just didnt show up to this WC? These were all KEY players in your team. Yet all I hear is Rueda and his lack of a strong voice in the locker room?

I for one would love for Rueda to step down. Because you guys forget just how tough it is to make it though these qualifiers. I hear the mention of Bauza, who has great merit in giving Ecuador's LDU it's only CL title but that was six years ago. That's also for club and if I recall his squads always had a very Internationally side (many Argentinos). Now you have to take that type of success and transmit that to players that you dont get to coach on an everyday basis and understand the idiosyncrasies of not just your players but also your competition. I'm not claiming Rueda is by any means the best there is out there but I'm simply stating to be careful what you wish for because guys like Aguinaga or Bauza would come with no NT coaching experience and wouldn't mind learning on the FEF's dime. There's also not a laundry list of coaches that are dying to coach Ecuador for many reasons but partly due to money. Yes, Rueda gets paid well but when you try going up a notch, it will cost you dearly because that's the way the market lives.

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 4.41.51 PM.png

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Enner Valencia was already 'found' not by Rueda but by Jorge Sampaoli if I remember correctly. He is the one who put Enner Valencia on the map before Rueda. EV already showed qualities of scoring but was inconsistent. What Rueda did right was call him up to the NT and 'maybe' be more consistent with his game than before. Please, don't think that Rueda made EV what he is today. Credit that to Sampaoli which is the real one who brought up Enner Valencia.

Yes we lost Chucho but what about Colombia? They lost Falcao too for the WC. Guess what? That didn't matter because you guys have a great coach.

Rueda's criticism isn't just from Ecuadorians but from the media around the world. Please look at Univision's broadcast of the Ecuadorian games (specially the last one). They were angry and heavily criticizing Rueda through the WHOLE GAME. Rueda sucks as a coach and a tactician and finally the whole world got to see it. He has no balls to attack, all he did was fall back to defend against France when we need to win! WTF is that? Please explain to me why he would put a defender and take out an attacking player when we needed to win?! Put in Caicedo two minutes before the game was over?! Even Enner Valencia said that the players were confused at WTF was going on with the changes and the orders on the field when they knew they needed to win against France. Please, take Rueda to Colombia. Trust me that we won't regret it at all. Rueda stinks as a coach.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #73 javer, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    i cant help but fell you being bias towards rueda a lot of people here did say that was one of the good things he did right but what your forgetting is that one he should have prepared for injuries and unfortunately a miss hap such as a star player dieing a lot sooner why didnt he bring up different players during qualifying he called up the same old guys our last coach did two he should have know better than to not start a player in bad form especially during the world cup it not like we didnt have any body on the bench who can replace caicedo we had arroyo and fidel who could have played those positions he did some things well when we had a complete and healthy team that worked well together once we started losing players injuries came about ect the team developed problems he did not take action properly or make the proper changes needed or motivate players we played defensively when we should have attack we let the opposition dominate the game vs Switzerland that was a huge mistake on his part our world cup was done at that point he uses old tactics and formation that arent going to get us very far anymore he is not strict enough to mold a team together and have them all motivated if you look at colombia the investments they made in a coach payed off they did so well and played modern football look at them now compared to 2010 we need that to is all most people are saying here is not like we cant afford it we have a corrupt federation that chooses not to and pocket the money we are not saying he is the only one that need to go our president of fef to and bauza using a lot of Argentinians ? so does a lot of our league buddy it not like the Argentinians he chose where world class player a lot of them were players who didnt have a name for them selfs before coming to liga barcos, manso, bieler bauza was the coach who got the best out of these guys and motivated them it not like the carried the whole team he did that with every player on the team each and every player under bauza changed in the sense that they where motivated believed in them self and preformed very well under him look up those guys and jose cavallos (who was going to retire if liga didnt pick him up) and tell me what was so special about them before liga the main reason i would want him is because he know our football rueda does not bauza know what has to be done in order to reach goals sure our cl was 6 years ago but that team was strong for four years because of him 2nd place fifa cup world cup putting up a solid game vs man u ect he should be given a shot a lot of people say he should coach argentina for us not to give him a chance is ridiculous jorge sampoli coached chile with out nt coaching experiance and look how well he did with chile

24. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #74 viagoal, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    time to move forward and rebuild.
    a new cycle a new beginning.
    copa america with our young talent.

...............bone
    narvaez, leon, erazo, deison
    ......... gaibor, cevallos jr
    ....gonzalez ............cazares
    .............................sornoza
    ................penilla

coach: vizuete subs: a valencia, fidel, montero, ibarra, d jesus, gruezo, ramirez, noboa, enner, paredes, dominguez, banguera,

Luigi408 repped this.
  25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I partly agree with you. Mainly with Enner Valencia. I did mention here to everyone that Rueda has a GREAT deal to do with Enner's development. But so does Enner. I do believe Rueda made him finally recognize the potential he has and it helped Enner build from there and rise to the big stage. Enner was always a good player, but he was inconsistent. Very much like Marcos Caicedo who now just transfered to Leon. IMO Rueda does deserve his props for what he did with Enner and such limited time and also in such a crucial time during the Qualifier. It is also true that it's not Rueda's fault that Antonio, Felipe, or Jeff Montero's fitness/form dropped when coming into this cup, but he did have other options like Renato Ibarra on the bench to replace Antonio. He did have Michael Arroyo to start the first game instead of Felipe. And he also had Fidel Martinez who didn't even play a single minute in this cup. And what bothers most of us is that the one game where he finally plays Arroyo, Montero, and Antonio all behind Enner he choose to defend. It just doesn't sync in my head that you can have 4 aggressive players like Enner, Montero, Arroyo, and Antonio to cause more than a headache for France, yet your message to them is to defend. So although certain players may not have been in form or in their prime during this cup, I don't think the message should ever be to defend when you are in NEED of a win to get to the next round. That's where the majority of people just don't agree with Rueda. Enner Valencia himself said "el tecnico lo vio de una manera y nosotros de otra, pero al final hicimos lo que el pidio". <--- that right there tells me we most likely had the ability to do damage, yet Rueda told our players to hold back. That's a very mediocre mentality and exactly why many ecuadorians don't see eye to eye with Rueda. I can understand if this NT were a team that lacked talent but we qualified in the TOUGHEST qualifier there is on planet earth and proved ourselves to be a strong collective side for 4 years straight, yet it all fell apart because the person in charge of this team decided to hold back and play conservatively. I just don't get it...

And that is why Rueda is not only criticized by the ecuadorian press, but also by the international press. The Univision commentators who are mediocre/biased/horrible professionals for the most part criticized him heavily. They went at him as if he were coaching the Mexican NT and it had cost Mexico a qualification to the next round lol.

Also, Bauza did not only give Liga 1 international title. He gave them 2 (Copa Libertadores and Recopa Sudamericana). Liga in total has 4 international cups (1 Libertadores, 1 Copa Sudamericana, and 2 Recopas). All these cups were either directly or indirectly due to Bauza's work. Bauza created a base structure in Liga in 2007 that carried on sucessfully all the way until the end of 2011. It wasn't something that was 6 years ago like you said. It was actually a long lasting term of success that allowed Liga to play 7 international finals. Furthermore, although it is true we had great foreigners on the squad during those years (Bieler, Manso, Vera, Ezequiel Gonzalez, Salgueiro, Barcos, Araujo, Espinola, etc.), we also did have a very important group of ecuadorian players to gel with them. Jairo Campos, Joffre Guerron (awarded MVP of Libertadores 2008), Luis Bolanos, Paul Ambrossi, Edison Mendez, Diego Calderon, Neicer Reasco, Patricio Urrutia, Ulises de la Cruz, Jose Cevallos, Alexander Dominguez are all players who have been very much part of the ecuadorian NT (w/ maybe Bolanos being the only player who barely managed to cap a few games). Liga's top goal scorer in the Libertadores was an ecuadorian- Luis Bolanos and also when Liga won the Copa Sudamericana, Claudio Bieler and Edison Mendez were the top goal scorers with an equal amount of goals if im not mistaken. So although the foreigners that have come to Liga do deserve lots of credit, it wasn't all them who made it happen. Bauza has always put a great emphasis on having a strong base of ecuadorian players on his squads and strengthens it with good foreigners to add onto it. He also has a good eye at spotting young talent. He slowly brought up Kevin Mercado and Gabriel Corozo and now their in Europe at 19 years of age. He did the same with Jose Cevallos Jr. who was in Juventus' youth system. So to me these are all pluses. Es un tecnico ganador. He goes out to win in any turf at all times. And I think that's the mind set that this NT needs. Everything he did for Liga needs to be transmitted to the NT, especially the winning mentality he has. I don't see why Bauza wouldn't be the greatest option after spending 5+ years in Ecuador. He knows more than enough to assemble a very competitive squad. And now look at him, he's playing a Semifinal of a Libertadores AGAIN, but now with San Lorenzo lol This guy doesn't stop winning. Sampaoli who established his name in a shorter time than Bauza and has won a lot less than him was able to handle a troubled Chile in the middle of a Qualifier and have a good run in the WC. I don't see why Bauza wouldn't be able to do even more for Ecuador. This is someone who knows Ecuadorian futbol like the palm of his hand.

lfsr1544 and Luigi408 repped this.