Really?

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Chris M., Oct 27, 2010.

1. SteamPunkr

SteamPunkr New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    What does that have to do with GOTW?

Nothing.

If you want to get pissy at people for not sending McBride out in fashion, get pissy at your own fans for not supporting him. Seeing empty seats all over the place in his last home game was faaaaar more embarassing and insulting to his legacy than some dumb fan vote I guarantee you he knows little if nothing about.

2. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago had pretty good attendance for that game, especially considering they were out of the playoffs.

The legitimate question is, and the op has moved beyond the GotW thingy, is whether people who show up at Sounders games appreciate McBride.

The honest answer is that some do, many don't. But the some of the many that don't will learn over time.

What the op is missing is that many Fire fans do not appreciate McBride properly. He is, I am sure, aware that Seattle invented good attendance. But both fan bases are diverse. Some of the Fire supporters include Mexico supporters that may respect McBride, but as a worthy enemy, when it comes to national competition. And there are lots of young Fire fans, just like there are lots of young Sounders fans, who do not know shit from apple butter about any damn thing and just think it is cool that they can bot vote for their guy.

3. SteamPunkr

SteamPunkr New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Exactly my point on the attendance angle. They couldn't even get Chicagoians (is that a word?) to show up and say thank you in his last game.

And here's a question, say Kasey makes an incredible save in his last Sounder game before he retires and is up for SOTW. Think Section 8 is gonna endorse voting for Kasey in honor of his great career and all he's done for the Nats? Especially if say Sean Johnson is up for SOTW as well. I'll answer that, nope!

The OP is just being a little b*tch, like most Fire consumers.

4. Ajas

Ajas Member

Sep 23, 2009
    3eattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Okay... exhale for once. Shut your mouth. Pinch your nostrils.

Brian McBride was kind of a hero of mine even when I was growing up... He repped our city, our country, and our nation abroad. He dinged home a sweet back-heel to end his pro career... Do you even understand that the concept of a "pro career" in America was a bizarre concept for him coming out of college?

I hate the Cubbie-land bitches as much as you, but if you don't get the point of the OP you are just ********ing retarded.

5. SteamPunkr

SteamPunkr New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Homie, I can guarantee you i've been playing this game longer than you, and that i've been following the Sounders and the sport longer than you.

That said, I don't give 2 shits about McBride's club career. He never wore my shirt, and that's all that matters to me at a club level. I loved McBride on the Nats, but this fake award ain't got nothing to do with that. And like I said, if the situation was reversed, and it was Keller retiring, no one in Bridgeview would be voting for him. This is a club thing.

6. WestSeattle

WestSeattle New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Easily the most ignorant thing I've read on this board in a month. Congratulations.

1 person likes this.
  7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you 100% but they are Seattle fans and as much as I hate them with every breath in my body they are extremely loyal, which I give them credit for. This whole goal of the week is BS in general. The only way to make it at least bit fair is to make it so you don't know who scored the goal, which is impossible :( McBride deserved the win, especially since it was his last goal ever and was a hell of a beauty, but Seattle fans have no respect for the guys that deserve it since the club is an infant, 2 years old.

8. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ha.

My favorite parts combined: "goal of the week is BS in general ... McBride deserved the win."

Great stuff. :rolleyes:

9. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, my favorite part is that the rant was from a Galaxy fan living in Seattle.

10. pendulum

pendulum Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When an internet discussion falls to this point, you've already lost the argument. :cool:

Agreed that they wouldn't return the favor for Keller, although that has little do to with what we could do, now. I normally take a "do unto others as you'd want them to do to you" approach rather than a "do unto others what you think they'll do unto you"

This isn't a club thing, either. McBride is retiring from soccer altogether. It's his entire career he's hanging up. Given his service on the USMNT and at Fulham representing the USA, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the guy.

It's still a useless award, but that doesn't change the fact you should respect the guy - especially since you've been playing soccer and following the sounders longer than I have ;)

11. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep I moved here recently but will never support the Sounders. I just can't be a fat ugly, plaid wearing asshole ;)

12. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ps one of your owners is/was a Galaxy fan

13. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Hey asshat, I merely brought this up and dropped it long ago. Most in here were very cool and at least understood my original point.

As to the above, don't ever ********ing speak for me. SoTW is every bit as meaningless, so the answer is "yes" if I could honor Keller and what he has done for the US by making the award mean something one time then I would.

But you're just a giant-sized dickhead, so I really don't expect you to grasp the concept. Go back to your bot design you little prick.

Well, that was cathartic. :D

To the rest in here, good luck against LA!

14. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they will need it

15. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey man, it works for us.

Perhaps you can just permanently move your weight-obsessed, male makeup-wearing, chest-waxing, superficial, shallow butt back to LA?

I'll pitch in for the plane ticket.

16. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now.. I've never worn plaid. :p

17. BROSUF

BROSUF Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wear stripes, you won't look so fat.

18. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, touche!

Here's to a good game Sunday, regardless of the score I just hope the ref is good and doesn't screw either team over on a bad call.

19. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the fantasy world you live in have unicorns and leprechauns as well as MLS refs that call good games? :)

But anywho.. I hear its Toledo, so expect the cards to be flying.

20. pendulum

pendulum Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

21. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He might be card happy, but at least he is consistent and doesn't seem to be prone to the major errors like most MLS refs. It could have been Kennedy or Marrufo. ;)

22. RHMCW

RHMCW Member

Nov 14, 2004
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle
    So, not caring is the same as not knowing?

Why should we care about a player that has done nothing for our club?

23. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Which club would that be? Seriously, you've got three listed as your "club." :D

So, you expect us to believe that you can divide your loyalties amongst three different clubs and yet, you are sooooooo committed to your "club" that you can't recognize a great player who tore it up for your country as well?

Clearly, this thread is no longer relevant, but your post made me chuckle.:D

24. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'll add to the fund.

25. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders

What part of "He's a Chicago player" do you not understand? This wasn't about country, it was about club.

You don't understand that because the Fire is only 12 years old. Love for the Sounders runs a bit deeper. 1974 my friend.

1 person likes this.