Real Salt Lake Academy blossoming in Arizona

Discussion in 'MLS: Youth & Development' started by SoccerPrime, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They come from the same bucket, but I don't think they are the same thing. I think it would be awesome if they included a year of college for every year they are in a HG contract though.

2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Jordan buddy, fellow Rochestarian, don't let them lie to you. Homegrown is a status not a dollar amount. They pay based on leverage. If they think you are talented and hustle they will pay you more than those who don't. Don't advertise you have no incentive, you lose out in the end. They won't want to pay anything more than the minimum if you project laziness. Do your own research, when a player signs as a homegrown look up the MLS salaries. Earn a good contract.
    Ex: All Homegrowns-
    K. Gulley Chicago 62K
    A.Pineda Chicago 48K
    A.Horton Columbus 60K
    Leyva Dallas 70K
    Luna 79K
    McBean 76K
    Fagundez 53K
    Agudelo 85K

Yes many HGs are at 40K but if you advertise you are pouting and not working hard you have no chance at the higher salaries that are available to you. Now go out and earn a higher salary. You have the talent to try hard to do so.

3. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Pretty much, with a little bit of leverage, and lots of upside (which he appears to have) you will get paid. Excluding Gil for obvious reasons, you can see HG's getting signed out of HS instead of college are starting to see their wage level grow. Honestly 70k is a decent wage not far behind Euro counter parts (believe Wood was/is making in the 80s). And in MLS you are that much closer to the first team.

4. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gil isn't HG... He's GA.

5. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    ok.

6. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Victor have a brother that also signed to a home grown spot for Chicago? :p

7. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I watched Jordan at the 2010 DA Winter Showcase, and I thought that he had very nice potential. But his recent tweets really bothered me. I wonder where his head is at.

8. tk421

tk421 Member

Aug 11, 2007
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Bulls following suit?

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/red_bulls_to_receive_of_sale_of_YUdXzHtQz6vDdunvLQOjdK#ixzz1kPTF03VE