Real & ManU

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by fctobacco, Oct 23, 2004.

1. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    Haha, tell me which of the following Rooney is better than, NOT EVEN including Real's strikers (who are all better than he is):

Adriano
    Tevez
    Shevchenko
    van Nistelrooy
    Henry
    Eto'o
    Ronaldinho
    Makaay
    Totti
    Cassano
    Drogba
    Gilardino
    Saviola
    Martins
    Tomasson
    Ibrahimovic

The list goes on and on...and again, that is not including Real's Ronaldo, Raul, Owen, or Morientes -- all of whom are better and more proven than Rooney.

2. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No pissing fights please

The thread started off as a comparison of the similarities between the two clubs' current situations, but it seems to be turning into a "who's better" argument which has the potential of getting ugly and fast... hence this proactive attempt to not let this thread head down that path. :)

3. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    O.K. he is better than Tevez, Eto'o, Drogba, Gilardino, Saviola, Martins, Tomasson & Ibrahimovic

4. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia
    better than eto'o? that guy is seriously underrated, so i'm not convinced. tevez? is he considered an out and out striker like rooney or what? not sure about that one, he seems to drop deeper a lot, and in either case his overall game is more developed than rooney.

on a more sensible note, none of this is really worth anything, its just speculation, not like we have any way of scientifically proving whos better, and its getting boring so lets just drop it. this kind of flame-fest is best served in the world rivalries or manchester forums. i personally could go on living without ever finding out how good rooney is, quite comfortably, thanks. well, till he signs for madrid, that is, :cool: (that was a joke, so dont no one start somethin, ya hear? hah)

p.s sinko, enough with this thread la, not like its serving any purpose

5. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    It is about opinions though and i respect your opinion just as i do with kaberon

6. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I respect yours as well. I'm more than happy to agree to disagree. Again, I hope Real play ManU in CL this year, as well as Milan, Arsenal, and Barca.

7. echineko

echineko New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Malaysia
    man... i dont know if i can stand that many open heart surgeries, like Graeme Souness might say, hahah...

and since everyones all buddy-like, i respect youse guys opinions too, :)

8. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    So you've arbitrarily picked one of the better crossers in football and plunked him in central midfield along with Zidane. That seems a bit odd.

And forgive me if I'm being a bit strong, here, but in what parallel universe is Wayne Rooney a better choice up front than Van Nistelrooij? I'm may be wrong about this, but I think Ronaldo and Rooney are not complementary players in that their game is similar, compared to RVN, who is much more a back-to-the-goal, turn-the-marker player. In basketball terms, RVN is a post-up player, and Ronaldo and Rooney are top of the key, one-on-one players. Maybe there is room for two one-on-one players in a side, but there is only one ball.

9. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Well you could put any of the strikers in that team & be happy with it.

10. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Id have a trio of Strikers, of late Rooney has been playing behind the front 2

............Rooney
    .....Ronaldo Owen/Van N/Raul