Real Madrid vs Valencia (La Liga Week#8) [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Oct 20, 2004.

1. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: I wouldn't be surprised by a Real victory this weekend

With all due respect, Ronaldo has played 14 games and has only scored once, I can understand how a player of Ronald’s caliber can be so close to score for more than 2 maybe 3 games but 14!!
    If it was some other forward player that played for 14 games with out scoring it would have been his head on the table (especially on this forum) but not the all mighty Ronaldo, its ok he is not scoring but he sure is close!!
    14 games are enough to know he is not doing anything, try somebody else for at least 45 mints, heck! At least 30 mints, I mean no disrespect to you in anyway I am just floored by the positive attitude towards a forward that doesn’t score in 14 games.
    I really think we should try FM and Owen side by side for at least 45 mints and see what happens; maybe just maybe the cow will finally produce milk.
    Nobody in the greatest team of all time should be untouchable even the untouchable Raul him self.
    I hope I haven’t offended any of you.

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    off to Nevadas... Hala Madrid! I'm feeling it!

3. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just posted the line-up:

Casillas
    Salgado - Helguerra - Samuel - RC
    Figo - Zidane - Guti - Raul
    Ronaldo - Owen

Very offensive minded.

4. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    the game is about to start!

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Owen scores at 6:49. Zidane to Raul to Owen. Yesss!!!

7. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Gol Gol Gol Goooool! Oween!

8. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    He looks confident now, Michael Owen was the same at Liverpool, when he went a few games without scoring, he would then score one then carry on for a while, he plays on confidence, like every player i suppose.

That was a great goal

9. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a streaming link to play? :( Are the links working?

10. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    dont work for me, probably overflowing

11. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Owen is awesome :cool:

12. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    1-0 real at HT

hala madrid

13. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 at the half. Guti is playing well at defensive mid. We have had our chances. The only Valencia player looking dangerous is Sasooku (sp?). Zidane is working hard as a CM, but his tackles are comic relief. Valencia looks like somone stole their lunch money, I guess that 5-1 thrashing did not help their morale.

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mohamed Sissoko

15. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
  16. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    It's about time, Moro in for Ronnie... ;)

17. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    And Yess We Won!!!!!

18. K1zzou

K1zzou New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Yes, Madrid wins! But geez....this one goal margin is getting on my nerves. Seriously, they need to score more than one goal. They have plenty of occassions, but they need to finish teams off. Good victory, though. Should boost the confidence of the squad....not to mention Owen as well. What a goal!

19. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samuel!!!! Good game for 88 minutes, then he goes in to the toilet. Tees it up for Mista & then lets the ball go over his head to Aimar. But he whacked Aimar good with his elbow after the shot so that will teach him. Guti had a hell of a game, he is my man of the match. He likes being an enforcer. Helguerra is pure class, Perez needs to get his contract renewal squared away. Another 1-0 win. The announcers say we have one of the best defenses in Spain. Who knew?

20. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Owen's goal was very classy. Ronaldo hustled tonight, as much as Ronaldo can hustle, but he could not quite get pay dirt.

21. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hopefully the old Saint Michael is back for good. :) Has anyone got a link to the goal at all?? I didn't see the game. :(

22. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Great to get the three points off a Valencia side still smarting from their thrashing by Inter. Real looked far more dangerous, far more likely to score than Valencia overall, imo. Another flat out attacking lineup from GR and it pays off with another win.

I love having Zizou in the middle. I know he's farther away from the goal but I think he's really freshening up the attack distributing the ball there. Guti did a good job supporting him defensively overall. We were by no means overrun in the midfield.

What a finish by Michael Owen. That was a superb goal, a lot of skill there and he just drilled it into the top corner. I was thinking he would square it for Ronaldo but it was an excellent finish and he must be on top of the world right now - two games in a row, big games, and he's scored the winning goal.

Glad to Solari get some decent minutes. He's a fantastic player, the most underrated on the squad by those who don't follow the team closely. Now if only GR could find a way to do the same for El Moro...

Now, with Owen seeming to emerge into goal scoring form, and the team creating umpteen chances with Zizou playing in the middle, this is what I predict Real's lineup will be when Beckham comes back:

Casillas
    Salgado Helguera Samuel R. Carlos
    Figo Beckham Zidane Raul
    Ronaldo Owen​

Again, it's a very offensive-minded lineup, but perhaps Beckham provides a bit more defensive grit than Guti, and with the combination of Zidane/Beckham in the middle distributing the ball, I see an avalanche of goals for Madrid...

23. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Guti always had the talent to play at the back of the midfield...he distributes very well. The problem has always been he forgets to use his head and loses it. As soon as that happens, he becomes a HUGE liability.

24. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I would like to add that between Raul and Solari...that left side seems to be covered.

25. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    so how did figo play?