REAL MADRID vs SEVILLA | La Liga Jornada #26 | 25.02.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair enough re Odegaard, correct re Brahim, but when the opportunity arose he got his chance, ahead of Arda, the senior players in the squad will always get to play first, it’s worked for us all season long, it won’t change just to see what the kid can do, when Jude returns Brahim will be on the bench, one of Tchou or Cama, Joselu too, if Kylian arrives next season then Rodrygo probably goes there as well

Only 11 can play and they are just more seasoned and in some cases better players ahead of him at the moment, who can come on and be productive, this isn’t like the years of Eden, Jovic, Mariano, our subs are actually working, Carlo was going to bring him and then Luka scored, after that we didn’t need “more” creativity upfront but solidity and one thing Dani can do for sure is to keep the ball, so I for one was not surprised at the change

Halycon repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lunin said he wants to renew and stay recently. Courtois turns 32 in May. If Lunin is willing to stay, he could be regular starter after couple of seasons. He's been patient for years and few loan moves didn't work out. If he can start at RM for 4-5 years post in Courtois era, might make sense to renew.

Anon., Ssr9, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  3. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  4. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lol yeah, Carlo things = winning the game. One of the most irritating things about coming on here is the moaning. I swear people would just rather see their favourite players than secure 3 points each week.

Posts like this are great though. I would never have known but I can see now you mention it.

Shay Z, RoadMan, Ssr9 and 5 others repped this.
  5. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love these gutsy wins, can't get enough of them.

Shay Z, Glide84, Ssr9 and 5 others repped this.
  6. PeXXeR

PeXXeR Member

Real Madrid
    Sep 24, 2023
    Seeing Ramos back almost made me cry.

Legendary Captain !

Would argue both Pepe and Ramos left a bit earlier than they should have.

RoadMan repped this.
  7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every team needs an arshole on the team. Ramos had been ours. Lol.

8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I'd still try to renew him. He has shown more than enough that he'd at least fetch a decent profit in the transfer market. I'd just try to sneak in a 2 year buyback clause in there just incase Thibo doesn't regain his previous form.

Digital repped this.
  9. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Eh, no. It's time.

Just appreciate the limited time he still has in the shirt.

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He has been extremely patient , what’s changed now is that, IMO of course, he’s shown that he is capable of starting for us, I hope he renews but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t.

Shay Z, Anon. and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lunin's will performances set off the alarms in the summer for sure. No idea which teams are looking for a goalkeeper to start, but i am assuming teams like Manchester United who's goalkeeper situation has become borderline toxic will be aware of his situation.

I can see why Carlo doesn't bring on Arda in a game like this, but people don't want to hear it.

12. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me it's fairly clear. If it's 0-0, he brings Arda to help the team with his creativity. Now that it was 1-0 and the team clearly looked gassed and wanted to sit back and invite pressure (generally not a good idea..), he wanted more grit, experience and ultimately defensive stability. And let's be honest here, Ceballos is a bit of a dirty player, something you need in those final minutes. It's not fun for Arda, but it was an expected decision from Carlo.

Arda is still very young and has had a horror start to his RM career, with all the recurring injuries. At some point, particularly when it's the business end of the season, the team is fairly settled and you'll have to do with little minutes. It is what it is, but he needs patience and perhaps a loan in the summer to get the minutes he desperately needs.

Shay Z, Digital and Fuera del Juego repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the point really, you can count on Ceballos' experience in those icky games to stretch everything out.

Bringing on Arda for a warm welcome from Ramos is kind of unnecessary for me at this point.

Digital repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me the VAR that took out goal away is both good and bad for two reasons:

Yes, it was a foul. If you figure that's where everything started, it's a foul, no two opinions about it, but there is a discussion how far back you can go to take away a goal for a foul.

The goal that Sevilla are complaining that Rüdiger was offside should stand. Navas says Rüdiger is part of the play but with Leipzig's goal the idea was that the player has to be part of the play/obstruct the play in any kind of way. The ball flew three km over Rüdigers head, don't see what he did there that changed the play in any way.

In general i feel like the Spanish game is impossible to officiate. I had guests over for the Cup final between Liverpool and Chelsea and all we could think of is how many times the game would have been interrupted at slight touches that they let the teams play on for.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To me, both decisions are fine. The key here is consistency, and that's my issue with these Spanish refs. The disallowed goal could have been OK in most other games I reckon, regardless if it's RM or Alaves. It's just that you never know what you get with these refs. To me it looked like the ref saw it and decided it wasn't a foul and let play go on.

However, I do believe our goal shouldn't even be up for discussion as Rudi saw he was in an offside position before the ball was even hit and he was already walking back, wanting no part of the play. Extremely high game IQ and awareness from Rudi. Sevilla is just being Sevilla with that one.

Shay Z, libertao and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bayern as well given Neuer turns 38 in March. If we get Davies, getting Lunin as free agent might be even more tempting.

Shay Z and Anon. repped this.
  17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I think we'd be mad to let Lunin leave. We just need to tell him to hold on for 2 more seasons and then we start to bring him in to replace to Tibo.

18. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mad we wasted a bunch of games starting freaking Kepa when we had this guy itching to show his worth.

RoadMan repped this.
  19. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Did Turkey qualify for the Euros? Arda surely will get a stage to showcase what he can do there?

20. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    The referee is a clown. He is clearly not mentally ready to officiate RM games. He may be a big Madrid supporter or just has a distaste for the club, but it affects him mentally and physically.

The players handled him like a little girl as it was visible he would break under pressure.

Refereeing in general was not bad, but there was a clear penalty on Rudiger that got simply ignored, imo.

Happy for the hard win. Points like the ones we won yesterday are usually the ones that make you champions.

Have a great week everyone.

RoadMan, rrrrrafik and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This doesn't even make sense. People don't live their lives to make you as a fan happy while they suffer.

We have to come to a hard decision; do we believe after next season Lunin will be the man. If the answer is "Yes" we have to make that transition.

This is like when you guys think we should sign everybody under the Son and magically they will all fit... we just need to assign them certain minute amounts and presto like magic todo encaja!

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Thing is, someone reported he wants to stay. If he wants to stay and accept his role as back up, why not?

23. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe a loan could work out this time for Lunin. Last time we loaned him he had little experience so wasn’t trusted. Maybe a decent club would be more likely to trust him now they have seen what he can do. A two year fixed loan might be a good idea.

libertao repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We don't know if that report is true and if true under what circumstances or conditions.

I'm quite sure he wouldn't be happy to sit for 700 days when he obvious has gotten form and could be entering his prime.

Shay Z repped this.
  25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Maybe a long term loan, because no club is wasting their time developing a player that isn't theirs.