Post-match: Real Madrid vs. Rosenborg|Bernabeu Trophy|08-24-09 [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by samizamazin, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samizamazin

samizamazin New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Creepy?

2. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cocaine?

3. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yeah..totally, creepy.

I, however, am totally 100% creep free *wink wink nudge nudge* :D

4. samizamazin

samizamazin New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Touché, my friend, Touché.

5. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    *rolls eyes* whatever

Anyway, good start to the season to see a 4-0 win. Would've preferred Milan, as many will agree. Tough opposition to see who we're up against.

Also would've wanted to meet Barca in the SSC. At least no one got injured this game, and Diarra and RvN made good their returns. I selected RvN and Raul for my fantasy squads, and I have a feeling that they will be back to score a lot of goals.

Hoping for more out of Higuain, but he's always had a slow start to games at the beginning. Can't wait to unleash on Deportivo.

6. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    No fraternizing with teh enemy!!!!:mad:

7. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It haz boobz....:eek:

8. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    You got a point there Watson...gentlement how do we proceed?

9. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny how that guy from La Sexta(?) was saying that he didn't like the waves. He said that they belong to baseball lol

10. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    speaking of ruud.....
    [​IMG]
    lol

11. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Barca are obviously trying to infiltrate our board

12. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will perform counterintelligence by posing as a Barca fan, and spewing Duck-Manson garbage from my mouth every day. It's what I went to college for. Wish me luck gentlemen. I will come back with teh prisez and cheezbrgerz.

13. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    With a hot chick? crafty whores they are!

Godspeed.

14. samizamazin

samizamazin New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I assumed Duck Manson was already one of our operatives... Nobody can be that stupid and spew so much filth naturally can they?

Besides, isn't everyone a closet Madridista?

15. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So how was the game? I wasn't able to catch it because of classes and work.

From what I've read in the forum Benzema got two, Lass finally scored and Raul got one. How did my man RvN do? What about Diarra?

Any other details would be great, goal videos would be good too.

16. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Except that Lass has been a monster since he joined us. That means official games. Of course he wasn't fpoy, he's been with us for only half a year. And he isn't a big name yet and is a defensive player.

17. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In case u want to see the full match u can go to Real Madrid Goal & Video Links. Thread where I regularly update download links for our full match videos.

18. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    cripes! his injury was worse than i thought - they had to amputate:eek:

19. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    hey - i was actually praising lass, not dissing cr9 by suggesting lass must be worth 100million euros+ after a superlative performance yesterday.

i actually think cr9 is the world's best - we just need to make sure the team gets the most out of him. he scored 70 goals in the last 2 seasons so we need to make sure he played in his most effective position - inside right/ss- and if that means sacrificing raul to ahieve this - then so be it.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    There is a reason for that sadly. Too many people on the pitch who play in/require the same space.

Like I said before, this is a very unbalanced line up which would have had no right side of attack had Arbeloa not been playing the right side striker.

We were cluttered through the middle and on the left (not like I'm saying anything you didn't notice).

In what world?

If anything this "system" can't contain three players like Raul, Cristiano and Kaka... especially when you have a lead striker who likes to float out to the left.

Too many cooks in the same area attempting to do the same thing (and in Cristiano's case not attempting because the space). So it's either you pick a team which is balanced (with or without Raul) or you attempt to force this team to work which will no doubt be predictable to stop by a much stronger opponent.

He's also sacrificing space for two of our big game changers which inhibits some of their effectiveness. We also lose any source of balance and become a team which can only attack centrally, getting clogged up attacking through the left because the teams have four defenders sitting there marking our player of the year right out of games.

I don't see how the space being minimized, having virtually no right side of attack barring the FB and seeing Kaka/CR play further away/not where they're as effective is helping us as a team as a whole. Also, we don't need another SS playing CM.

Raul has done what he always has done and won't stop doing, SCORE. Besides that in this game he was more of a passenger (Cristiano was a bit of one two although he had an assist).

Raul game today confirmed for me that:

A). He'd be the PERFECT super-sub! He's not the player who can match the speed of this team, but he is the player who can score with the least help (like Ruud). We should bring him on to kill off or help us win games we can't break down (with of course him starting games during the season).

B). He is not the perfect foil if we are playing Benzema, Cristiano and Kaka. If we are playing those four we have to have a makeshift balance on the other side since Cristiano and Kaka should be advanced attackers through the middle and left.

C). The speed to keep up with their runs leaves us with one missing player when we go on a quick attack. It happened a couple times, Kaka, Cristiano and Benzema are to the races, hell even Lass is near the box. Raul has the energy, not the speed to match this.

Again, Raul is the perfect super-sub but not the perfect foil. I'd prefer a Granero/Robben at worst Higuain playing out right (I like Higuain playing at striker if Benzema isn't).

Before anybody says it..

A). I do not hate Raul.

B). Raul starting doesn't come before Madrid's winning and the team (including him) gelling and finding their places together as a whole.

C). If you objectively look at what I'm trying to say, you'll see there is no attack on any player. It's just my analysis of what is going on and what I've seen is a problem in the past (especially against the bigger European sides). It's never an issue against weaker opposition because we just thoroughly outclass them.

You're Zinaldo, ain't you?

Oi, Zinaldo, how can you blame Robben or Higuain for selfishness? In this team if they don't score then their relevance and chance to play goes down so it's like they have to be selfish at times.

I didn't like it and I've bashed both in the past for this at times, but when you're Higuain (top scorer in La Liga for us last year) and you can't start a match, what else are you suppose to do?

When you're Robben and have been in unconscionably great form, the team still wants to flog you off and you can't start a match, What else are you suppose to do?

They are trying to force their way into this team, it's dog eat dog for them. Not exactly the same situation for others.

You know why you don't know? You're a Cristiano fan-boy, not a Madridista.

Had you watch a Madrid game before Cristiano and Kaka joined the club you'd know that Lass has been a huge performer and even all of his detractors praise him.

Also, since when does not winning footballer of the year mean you're not a good player? I guess in your world there is only one good player a season.

FFS, where do these characters come from?

Anyways
    about the game just to highlight a couple of things others probably haven't....

- Arbeloa impressed greatly at RB. He's doesn't have Ramos attacking flair but he seems safer defensively. I hope this puts a kick to Ramos ass to get him in gear, but I doubt it will.

- Marcelo impressed me again. I don't like how he gets stuck in no man's land at times but he attacks like the best FB's can. He is young too so he has space to grow. Drenthe has more position sense but not as much confidence going forward. I like both of them here, yes I know they aren't Clichy, Evra, whomever but how we play they could fit in well enough for the year.

- Garay, Pepenbauer, Albiol all looked solid. This is very encouraging.

- Xabi was a beast child and surprising isn't getting as much rave review as Lass (who was MOTM, imo). Xabi was distributing that ball around well, holding it well and just gave us a bit more spine. I loved how he always distributed to the wide open, unused right side where we had Arbeloa playing as a right striker apparently.

- Benzema, I'm sure got flack for his performances. I wasn't here to tell those posters that this was unlike him. Well he proved that today, being a predator and taking his chances.

- Got to give C.R time. He is literally getting marked by at least three players for long periods and the space he has to do anything is severely limited.

- Kaka like C.R. must be given time. His space is limited upfront, however his touch passing is one of the best. Both he and C.R have struggled to score, but don't write them off. I feel with the right mix they can be more effective.

/long post over.

21. samizamazin

samizamazin New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Excellent, excellent post, a bit long, but I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Would rep if I could.

22. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    I've noticed this and mentioned it before (against Toronto FC). It reminds me of the formation we used back when we had to field Zidane and Figo, except at that time we had no left flank nevertheless we did have the best LB in the world to fill in that gap. Honestly, I'd rather we sacrifice a forward than playing without a true left midfielder. It might work against the smaller teams but we'll be exploited quite easily against more prepared and determined opposition. Let's see how it pans out over the next couple of months and if Pellegrini can remedy it.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, that is one goofy picture of Horseyface.
    I haven't watched the match yet, but I'm very very happy that Ruud and Diarra returned to the pitch, and seemingly got a great response.

Sounds like Lass and Xabi controlled the midfield well.

Like YS and many others have said, we have a really crowded front line and attack in general....another reason I think we should ditch the two-striker formation on occasion. Give me a diamond or 4-2-3-1 with Ruud/Benz up top.

Cheers to Salgado, sounds like he was overwhelmed by the love he was shown....he deserves it.

This preseason was so interesting, now its time to get it on for real.....I think we'll see players like Ronaldo and Kaka really start to TURN IT ON for these matches that "matter".

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Ruud van Nistelrooy made his return against Rosenborg. The player was moved by the affection the fans showed him and hopes to have a good year.
    "I felt strong emotions today. I was deeply moved with the welcoming the fans gave me when I warmed up and took the pitch. It was incredible."

"I've worked very hard for months to recover and I went through some complicated moments that I managed to overcome. I was very surprised by the welcoming I received tonight. Words can't explain what I felt."

"The worst thing about the injury was that I couldn't run for six months. I had to spend four hours a day in the gym and couldn't step on the pitch. I can thankfully leave all that behind me now."

"This is a quality team. The squad is incredible and we are all very excited. We will keep up the good work."

Granero, Ronaldo and Alonso were delighted with the team's victory against Rosenborg.

Esteban Granero"The Santiago Bernabeu crowd always gives a warm welcome to youth teamers and that's what heppened to me tonight. We played well and scored several goals. We are very happy."

"Rosenborg allowed us to showcase our game more at different points in the match. We must think about our performance and ourselves. We are in good form."

Cristiano Ronaldo"The goal was to win and we achieved it. The team is doing well. We are working hard and preparing for the start of La Liga."

"I feel comfortable and relaxed. I am wroking hard and I am waiting for the league to begin. I'm sure things will turn out as we want them to."

"We must take things slowly, get in good shape and think positively at all times."

Xabi Alonso
    "The fans responded very well. You could tell they were anxious to see the team. Their support was fantastic and we must respond accordingly."

"We must remain calm through thick and thin. We shouldn't set ourselves deadlines. Some days we will play better than others, but what's important is that things turn out like we want them to."

Manuel Pellegrini was happy with his team's victory in the Santiago Bernabeu Trophy. The coach believes the preseason has been very positive.

"Cristiano Ronaldo needs a little time to adapt to his new team's style. Every player on the squad is working hard to be fit and play well. Cristiano has experienced a change in style and now lives in a different country. He needs a little more time unlike those who already know La Liga."

"The preseason has been very positive and we've managed to prepare the squad well, allowing every man to play more or less the same time. The team is solid in defence and has potential in attack. We keep possession more on our opponent's half of the pitch, allowing us to showcase our technical differences."

"This squad is complete. It gives us alternatives to try out different things. We still have to polish some aspects of our game, but I'm not worried about that. I wish we could keep up scoring four goals in one match with certain irregularities in attack, like we did today."

[​IMG]

25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States