Real Madrid vs Real Murcia (La Liga) 13 April [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RM didn't play Murcia last year at home and were held to a 1-1 draw at their place this season.

It has to be said that if RM can't win this type of game, they will not be champions. Though this season even that can't be completely ruled out.

I note that Murcia's coach promises to park the bus in front of goal. So great, more negative football.

2. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm hoping to see a Robben-Raul-Robinho attack.

I'd say it's pretty unlikely.

3. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    If there is one single man that the Bernabeu hates, more than Van Bommel, Giovanni, Pablo Alfaro, and other wannabes of recent years, that is Javier Clemente. He gets high on 80.000 people calling him every single name in the Spanish swearbook. And in case they aren't screaming enough, he'll sub off the lone striker for a CB at half time.

If you are watching the game, and suddenly you hear a lot of whistling and you don't know why, it's because Clemente got up from the bench.

4. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Tough game this one and remember Murcia are fighting for relagation so expect it to be tough. With all that said we should win this game. And we need to win it aswell the next 4 games are big ones.

Hala Madrid. Look forward to seeing the team sheet tomorrow

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seriously?

I am kinda busy these days to research about that. I've heard that he said some stupid things on goal.com about RM fans but other then that i can't recall of anything else.

6. libran83

libran83 Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think one of the Murcia players was also quoted as saying that his team will go out there playing against 13...RM, the ref and the fans. I think everyone is blowing that infamous photo with Villar wearing Madrid's jersey way out of proportion.

7. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I also hope to see the Robinho-Raul-Robben trident. I imagine Sneijder and Guti would line up behind them and Gago behind them. That would be a pretty fun offense to see. I just wish Ruud were fit. This is the type of game that just screams Van Nistelrooy garbage goal.

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The next game, we might see....

Robinho-Raul-Robben plus the Ramos-Pepe-Canna-Heinze!!!

9. asterix

asterix Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Uumm,No Ramos cant play.

10. Peace123

Peace123 New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Earth:
    Their was a source which enlisted that Ramos second yellow card in the Mallorca game was called off, simply because Navaro dived. I think its tribalfootball which reported that article, 3 days ago.

However since their not the LFP there is a great chance that source was false and unreliable, hence Ramos might not attend tommorows game, using his time usefully cooling of in -10 degree celius condition :)p)

So we would either see 3 CBs: * ------Pepe-----Cannavaro-----Heinze---
    ...........................................or
    .................2 CBs and 2 WBs: *-----------Pepe---- Heinze--------------
    ...........................................----Salgado------------------Marcelo----

Now its off to debate whether we should play Torres/Salgado or Opare :)rolleyes:)

Edit: if only i can read spanish http://www.lfp.es/

11. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    His second yellow was indeed rescinded, but his first one stood and that was its fifth, for a one-game suspension.

12. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Which, assuming we don't screw up Sunday without him, is actually kind of convenient for us. Not that having Miguel Torres sending in crosses is ever particularly convenient...

13. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Mejia won't be making his return to the Bernabeu, either. He's suspended for Murcia, along with Alonso.

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I meant next match. Is he suspended for 2 games?

15. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    For the third time this page, 'no'.

16. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Apparently, Robinho and Robben will play together. Higuaín is out.

And bit of good news: Schuster was very respectful towards Clemente in today's PC, and refused to anwser to that moron's purposefully incendiary comments (best thing to do, since those comments were geared towards getting our players and the crowd would up).

17. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    As much as I like Higuain in generally, I'm eager to see this move. Where did you hear this?

Edit: Ah, giant front page AS headline. Why ever would I have thought to have checked there. haha

18. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Both AS and Marca are saying it will be Robinho, Raul and Robben up front, with a midfield of Gago, Guti and Sneijder.

In defence is the only area they differ...AS saying that it will be Torres -Pepe, Canna and Marcelo while Marca say that it will be Torres, Pepe, Heinze and Marcelo.
    Marca says the decision to leave out canna is a combination of giving him a rest and also because he is on 4 yellows and Schuster wants him available for the trip to Racing.

19. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Personally, i I wouldn't have mind at all to play with:

----------------Gago
    -----------Guti------Sneijder
    Robben-------Higuain---------Robinho

4-3-3 with three fast attacking players.

Great. Clemente is only a finished coach pathetically searching front pages (Marca today) attacking Real Madrid. Real Madrid must ignore him.

Note: Thank you Marca for another pathetic front page.What will be the next front page of Marca Materazzi insulting Zidane sister?

20. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    I do hope Canna is at least on the bench in case of an injury to one of the back four. I haven't seen a squad list released yet, has anyone else?

Benching him due to 4 yellows is a good idea.

21. Amirah

Amirah New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    torres- pepe- canna-marcelo played a training game against the castilla boys this week.

22. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    That team also had Codina in goal, a midfield of Guti Baptista and Diarra and Saviola Robinho and Higuain up front...I'd be more interested who lined up 'behind closed doors' today.;)

23. Amirah

Amirah New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i knew that. i was just talking about the back four. i thought maybe that is where AS got their back four from.
    Anyway the team for tomorrow

CONVOCATORIA:
    Porteros: Casillas y Dudek.
    Defensas: Pepe, Salgado, Marcelo, Heinze y Torres.
    Centrocampistas: Diarra, Gago, Drenthe, Guti, Baptista, Sneijder y Robben.
    Delanteros: Higuaín, Saviola, Robinho y Raúl.
    No convocados: Codina, Balboa, Soldado y Cannavaro, por decisión técnica; Metzelder y Van Nistelrooy por lesión; Sergio Ramos, sancionado

24. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Whoa! I wasn't too surprised that Canna wasn't starting given the number of games he's played and yellows he's accumulated, but not even having him on the bench seems kind of crazy when we are only calling five defenders (and two of them - Salgado and Torres - not being that superb.

25. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    I think Shuster has done the right thing by resting Cannavaro he has played 29 of the 31 league games good move especialy with the game away at Santander next week.

I think it will look like this:

-----------Casillas-------------
    Salgado--Pepe--Henize--Marcelo
    -----------Gago---------------
    -----------------Guti----------
    Sneijder-----------------Robben
    ------------ Robinho-----------
    --------Raul-------------------

Picking between Torres and Salgado would be tough as both are as bad as each other. I would go with Salgado

I really hope Robinho plays aswell.

Hala Madrid