Real Madrid vs. Partizan Belgrade (R)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by bkn0528, Oct 22, 2003.

1. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    This will be Casillas' 50th champion's league match at just 22 years old. That is amazing.
    Prior to the game there will be a ceremony to honor the Madrid side of '66 which beat Partizan in the European Cup final. I'll have to ask my pops about that side.

No changes expected from Saturday's lineup, although RealMadrid.com did say that Beckham had some discomfort in his right foot during training yesterday, he got some treatment from the physio and finished training. Maybe Guti starts in midfield instead of Helguera.

2 and a half hours to the game. I wish I was drinking that good cheap beer outside the Bernabeu right now!

2. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    i cant wait, i'll actually get to see this game!!!

3. LUVURONIE

LUVURONIE New Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Toronto,Canada
    Me to,we here in Toronto get the choice of watching MAN U vs. Rangers on TSN at 2:30 ET,or Real' vs. Partizan on TLN at 2:30 ET.I know which game I'll be viewing.
    GO REAL'!!!!!!
    HALA MADRID!!!!!!

4. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In preparation for other games, would anyone suggest that (if I do not have a ticket for a Real Madrid Game) I should still go to one of the bars near Bernabeau? I don´t have a lot of money, and I´ve had trouble getting tickets for Real a few times in a row, but I would still like to watch the game in a fun location. Are there any good bars in the area where supporters without tickets go to watch the games?

5. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    is there any chance that Beckham and Ronaldo will sit while Solari will get a chance to play? I like Beckham, but he should take care of his foot now rather than have troubles later on in the season. Also, lately I think Ronaldo has been more of a problem for the team than a help. He gives the ball away more than he is able to retain posession.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nice Match.

Beckham's corner to Raul was perfect. I'm RVN misses him more than he would like to admit. Roberto Carlos was everywhere. Ronaldo blew a perfect chance when Zidane delivered a perfect pass for him to bury. Should have been 2 or 3 goals scored for Real Madrid.

7. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    decent game for Real - lots of shots although the finishing wasn't quite there. Nice to keep a clean sheet.

8. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Re: Nice Match.

It was perfect to Figo but Raul was offsides when he "brushed" the ball in. Kind of a boring game, Ronaldo was really sub-par in this game IMO.

9. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    I must have been seeing a different match... I thought this was an 7 or 8/10 match.
    The finishiing was not the hottest, Raul Bravo's was caught out of position twice and Ronaldo had a poor first half.

But other than that it was flawless. Figo looked in his best form since his first year in Madrid. Beckham was a monster, especially when when he covered for Raul Bravo being pulled out of position leaving a Partizan player with a clear shot at goal. Raul played his sharpest game of the season. The defence did not concede a goal, and what's more, partizan had only one shot from within the 18-yard box. Zidane and Roberto Carlos were as great as ever. Even Ronaldo stepped it up in the second half.

Setplays were great. The team was patient in its build-ups. The line-up is settled and gelling in. Some of the passing and interchanging of positions was quite superb, as was the running of the ball. If the finishing had been better (especially the open chance Figo had when Beckham set him up 6 yards away on the right with with the keeper stranded on the left post), we could have easily won by 3 or 4 goals.

This is a team that looks lethal when it dominates possession and lethal when it counter-attacks.
    Most importantly, we now have 2 consecutive clean sheets so if our defence really is coming together, we can look forward to a really good season.

10. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ....could have and should have won by 3 or 4 goals. Yes, Beckham´s corner was to Figo... but I didn´t get a chance to hear the commentary after the game with Raul. Did he say that he brushed it in? or did he give credit to Figo?

I do not believe Real had a very good game based on the simple fact that twice in the second half Partizan Belgrade had two open shot opportunities to tie the game. Real easily could have walked away having tied a team that played with a lot of heart, but perhaps not a lot of talent.

Ronaldo seemed disappointing again, but great games from Carlos, Zidane, Beckham (and occasionally Figo). Guti played well once he came into the game as well. From now on, less Ronaldo and more of others!

11. AUSGunner

AUSGunner New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Adelaide, Australia
    Need to catch the replay on ESPN, I was long asleep when it was on this morning =P

Is it worth it?

12. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. Although another chance to see Beckham grow into the squad is interesting. There was an interview in the Guardian w/Tony Adams a month or so ago, where se said he didn't think this move was good and that his football wouldn't grow. So far-and with all due respect, 'cause I liked him as a player-Tony is full of crap.

13. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Beckham was MOTM in my opinion.

14. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    R. Carlos also very good, though.

15. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    My favourite players were Figo, Zidane and Beckham.

I'm agree in many things with anirbanblah. Although the team did not play with the intensity of other games, It seems very solid with some very good movements attacking and in defending. The big problem was the finishing. Right now i can remember 8 or 9 very clear goal chances, 2 of Figo, 2 of Raul - goal included - , 1 of Beckham, 2 of Roberto Carlos, 2 of Ronaldo. Normally, half of these chances should have been goals, but the team only scored 1.

It is the second consecutive game without goals against. I think that Queiroz has finally found his ideal starting line up for this season.

Casillas
    Salgado, Pavon, Raul Bravo, Roberto Carlos
    Figo, Beckham, Helguera,
    Zidane
    Raul, Ronaldo

A very good thing about RM this year are the "jugadas ensayadas - does someone knows the english translation?".Queiroz has worked with the team very well in that aspect. We have made a lot of more goal chances this year in free kicks and corner kicks than the last years.

The bad new about this game is that Beckham is injured and he will not be able to play tomorrow against Racing. And he is serious doubt to play against Zaragoza the next tuesday.

The good thing is that RM and Juventus are the only ones with 9 of 9 points. And we have very easy to pass to the next round. Maybe Queiroz will reserve some players for la liga in the next CL games.

16. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    juegas ensayadas=set pieces, or dead ball situations