Real Madrid vs Manchester Utd 2002-2003 FIRST leg match at the Bernabeu

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MrMan, Jul 11, 2005.

1. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    From what I have heard, this was one of the best matches Real Madrid in its current (so called 'galactico') incarnation, has played..

I've been trying to find a video of this match for a while - I'd like to buy this, but I cannot seem to find anywhere in my country that sells such a tape or DVD..

It seems the second leg match, where Manchester won 4 - 3, is easy to come by, but for some reason the first one eludes me..

Subsequently, I have been looking online for this, made plenty of requests, unsuccessful each time (at ********.com even, which is usually good for such things) and have only found one place which has even a partial copy of it (eMule where it is half downloaded, with no more sources to complete it)

Is there anyone who has this match, or knows where it can be found? You would have my eternal gratitude if you can help me get a hold of this..

2. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    I will dig around in my tape archive for it. I remember having it, and yes -- the match is amazing. However, a word of warning to you -- I lived with a dumbass roommate, and he taped episodes of Law and Order over my games. I don't remember if this match in particular was spared, but there's a slight chance. I'll let you know.

If, however, you find a torrent of it, could you post it here? I'd love to have it as an .avi or .mpg format

3. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    Ah thanks a lot man, one can only hope.

And yes, if I find a torrent or such of it, I will link it here when I do.

4. Los_Merengues

Los_Merengues Red Card

Jul 6, 2005
    i remember watching parts of it on fifa.com but i am not sure if the whole match is available.

you also need a subscription. it's worth it though

5. flyingfullback

flyingfullback New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    the away leg at Old Trafford was even better even though Madrid lost. that was a great game

6. Los_Merengues

Los_Merengues Red Card

Jul 6, 2005
    yes it was.
    ronaldo was very effective in that game

7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    This match at the Bernabeu was a great example of how intelligent Raul is as a player (he scored twice in that game). His performance prompted Sir Alex Ferguson to say that Raul was the best player in the world. He also said he'd like to find a way to keep Raul out of the match in England... and Raul came down with appendicitis!

Hala Madrid

8. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i have never seen a team play such good football against a such good quality opposition
    this game was special if your a real fan!
    we played superb.. this is when zizou figo and the boys played football form another planet. we should have finished them of 4 or 5 i believe. instead we toyed wit them n let them back in it at the end!

9. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
  10. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    for example that goal by figo when manu seemed to be going somewhere at the beginning; it was just outrageous, a great goal. and yes, raul was spectacular, dunno what happened to him afterwards....

11. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    Thanks adrian, I'll see if I can get that one on ebay.

12. No it was NOT!!!!!!!!!!

13. Hamilton

Hamilton New Member

Jun 23, 2003
    I have the full games in rmvb incarnation and i'll try to upload to a torrent later for you guys that want to see it.

14. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Awesome. I'll help seed.

15. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    Ah excellent Hamilton, that would make things simpler, though I might still try get the DVD as well.

16. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    i don't know about that but they were both great games. i was lucky enough to be in the bernabeu for the first leg with great seats which i paid a scalper through the nose for - i'll never forget the reaction of the crowd when figo scored - 80,000 chanting 'figo! figo! figo!@'. it was breathtaking.

17. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    After watching the first leg again, I think I have figured out what's putting a damper in Raul's scoring... his long hair. He needs a cut! Maybe then he can see the goal....

18. mdrite

mdrite New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Miami
    AAH!!! Finally, Someone Notices!!!
    Perez needs to sneak up on Raul with the in-house barber, cuz he just refuses to get his hair cut!

19. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morientes could do with one as well

20. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention Guti, Solari, Mejia & Salgado!

21. deVil_X

deVil_X Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They should seriously organise a monthly hair cut for the whole team. Um except Ronaldo, Roberto, Tommy, Bravo and anyone else who's already taken care of that.

22. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    I've thought the same thing for a while.

23. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    I think the whole team should go for the Ronaldo, RC, Grave-digger look. Heck, Becks even had a shaved head a few years ago.

Currently Shaved:
    Ronaldo
    Roberto Carlos
    Gravesen
    Diogo

Not Far from Shaved:
    Zizu
    Helguera
    Becks
    Owen
    Samuel
    Casillas

In desperate need:
    Salgado
    Raul
    Garcia
    Guti

It would look pretty intense if the whole team comes out with shaved heads.

Or, maybe we could have the whole team get cut like Ronaldo's style durring the last world cup?

24. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i have to disagree with the list. becks should be moved more into desperate need. his is getting long. and zizou, his is normally shaved
    as for me tho, i like rauls hair how it is!

25. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That was a great game, but I think the Manchester-Madrid of 2000 was better.