REAL MADRID vs MANCHESTER CITY | UCL R16 - 1st Leg | 26.02.2020 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Feb 25, 2020.

1. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    If Pep get KO by this Madrid team,he should retire from the sport

2. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    These guys with their 'look at me, I have faith so I'm not a loser' are so bad. Just be realistic. And the only thing I said was we will not win on sunday because we played really bad when I said it. I have hope we will do things differently on sunday but if we have the same players and the same attitude as yesterday we're fcked.

Baltor, Deep Pal, Realist and 4 others repped this.
  3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These guys don’t care about the club, that’s why they stay so “calm”.

this dude 4x4 is happy when got injured hazard to prove his point, but when someone touches bale he defends him like it’s his daddy. says enough really. cares more about certain players than the club, in this form and the way we play there is no chance we win against barca, how sad it may sound.

ElCapitánSR4 and RMrules repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, seems people just can’t let Ronaldo go, like if he had stayed he’d play for us until he’s dead, Ronaldo is gone, he’s not coming back, we are Real Madrid, we won titles before him we will win titles after him, Madrid is bigger than Ronaldo, we have enough resources to build a winning team, I’m pretty confident we will, this constant harking backwards towards Ronaldo solves nothing

secondly I’m certainly not one that’s buying into that “season is over” opinion as yet, too early, I have no idea what’s going to happen on Sunday or in the return leg vs Man City so i for one intend to stay positive, I prefer that, to each his own

Very well put, so tired of watching this, the lack of ideas in the final third is pretty tiresome but I think this is compounded by a lack of a focal point “in” the area, too often no one is there,

Benz is outside of the area joining in that circling around the perimeter, no one inside moving defenders or making angled runs, nothing, so inevitably the ball goes wide and a cross, then sometimes one or two rush in to get on the end of it or more often than not there’s no one there, aimless crossing ,

Eventually we get the ball back and as the saying goes , wash, rinse, repeat, I wonder if it’s a lack of creativity in the players or if it’s the tactics the coach demands, I’ve heard ZZ talk about “lack of enough crosses” before when I actually watched the game it seems like that’s all they did all night

RMSocrates repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vent your entire frustration out like a child.

The same people the give you likes targeted me all summer for being "realistic" as you say it about Hazard, but now you're the voice of reason.

Just vent, get all the tears out and come back to earth.

One thing is for sure you better hope we don't beat Barca because I'm not going to let you enjoy it here one bit.

6. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Do you really think I will be sad when we win because the almighty 4x4s doesn't let me enjoy?:ROFLMAO: You're a joke man come on. We all hope we win on sunday, so you can do what you want after the win.

Modric-87 and Halycon repped this.
  7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I hope this fires up the team to crush Barca on Sunday.

If we beat Barca comfortably then it might give us a platform to build momentum going into the City game in a few weeks.

Ssr9, MerlinRM, Realist and 4 others repped this.
  8. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Hopefully it will and we learned from last year. The players seemed very confident on social media before yesterday's match and I hope it didn't affect their confidence.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're basically describing what I was saying.

You're hoping we're going to win, you know we're capable of it, but you're stretching a big safety net of defeat to fall nice and comfortable on.

A lot of people (and I don't mean you directly) are not angry because they wished better, they are simply entitled and can't stand losing, looking at memes making fun of the team of whatever.

natenate101 repped this.
  10. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Fair enough dude, let's just stop this discussion. We agree that we all want the team to win. And what I said yesterday during the match was just a reaction and frustration because we played very bad. Of course I have hope because like you say, I know we can do better. But we need some players to be back as they were 2 months ago (Benz, Casemiro, Varane).

11. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And what are Liverpool to RM fans why so much hate on this board towards Liverpool don’t go throwing stones in glass house’s

12. Prometheus_

Prometheus_ New Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 26, 2020
    Until we get better forwards, we should play the ones that have scored the most goals upfront. In all fairness our front line over the past 2 years has been the worst of the past decade in terms of productivity. When our front line or forwards have been better than Barca we have won the league which is exactly twice over the past decade. And there's a reason for that. Right now player for player their front line is better than ours which is why I find it surprising for us to automatically expect the league.

It may be the worst Barca in years, but our front line is also our worst one in years, and most importantly theirs is better. This is why with our current personnel our best bet to win the league is a stronger defence than theirs and a more assertive midfield, but even that may not be enough because we still need our forwards to capitalise on some of the key chances.

Messi and Cristiano basically cancel each other out give or take 5 goals, so while they had peak Suarez, we had Benz. Suarez who had once had a 54 goal season, 35 to 40 plus goal season, Neymar also had 35 plus goal season there. None of our forwards apart from Cristiano have had a 35 goals plus over the last decade. That's how we got to the 2 league titles in 10 years. Their recruitment of forwards has been much better than ours over the past decade.

SayWhatIWant, Ssr9, Doni and 8 others repped this.
  13. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Lol Liverpool fans were the ones who wanted Ramos dead. And sent threats to his ********ing family and kids after 2018 finals, disgusting. And you a Liverpool fan came in here posting a picture of Ramos's all time red cards, what a victim complex.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just so much toxicity in this thread

Ugh

15. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol, every game same crap in the forum. If we win, then the comments are something like "the team showed strong mentality an a desire to win", "this is our season" etc. When we lose, it is "the season is over".

The season is not over. There is still a long way to go. It may not be pretty but we are still in the game. Everything is possible. Even if we lose against Barca. As you can see tables can turn pretty quickly.

Of course it is easier to say "it is over" and then if we indeed fail to win anything, to say "I told you so" in the end. If it is over, do yourself a favour and cancel your TV subscription, and do something more useful with your time. I myself am going to watch the games and support the team.

I hope Zidane finds a way to get the team's act together and pull through. If not - well, maybe someone else will next year.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of this.

“People who say Calm Down don’t really care for the club”???? What kind of nonsense is that. We want the club to do well, don’t want to dwell in negativity especially on here and hope for the best. It’s really not that crazy. We can win Sunday, more than capable. Will we? We’ll see, but even with a defeat the season isn’t over until the math decides it. I’m gonna hope we figure this shit out and get it together for a strong push to the finish.

And for ElCapitano guy, the reason your “We will lose Sunday” comments were so annoying was because it was in the MiDDLE of the CL match! Not because we might lose on Sunday. Geez.

On-topic, Zidane has to figure this out and get the chemistry going ASAP. The morale went from great to shit in like 3 weeks. It’s wild.

RMSocrates and Digital repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Only thing that can help us is one of the strikers finding some form.

When Benzema's form left, we began to falter and depend on midfielders and defenders as our primary scoring option.

Jovic never found his footing and didn't get a ton of time either so we are in a bind.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, it’s a tough one. I can’t see Zidane starting Jovic on Sunday, but he needs more minutes and instructions to the other attackers to feed him once he comes on and get him involved.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He starts Jovic Saturday and Jovic has another rough game and it may be curtains mentally for him.

This is such a dangerous situation for the club.

We need to start Benzema and when he fails per usual bring Jovic on with enough time.

That or play the 442 you want Zidane but plau Benzema behind Jovic and give them another chance to get it right.

20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

21. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Why are you so triggered by 1 sentence. Stop with the bullsh*t. What comments? I just said 1 time we ‘will lose on Sunday’. Yeah it was in the middle of the match and we were playing bad. By that everyone can figure out I meant we will lose because we’re playing like sh*t.

Stop acting so triggered and move on. There were a lot worse comments.

22. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His punditry BT contract is not being extended.

23. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Lol, you guys loves blame everything on Benzema....

He has certainly not been prolific lately, but Real Madrid would still have issues even if you put Peak Robert Lewandowski. The entire team (including the midfield) is completely lethargic transitioning into the final 3rd...

I’d love to know your thoughts on how Benzema deserves blame for Carvajal’s awful tackle in Sterling, Casemiro attempting with a silly backheel & losing possession 20 times, Sergio Ramos allowing Gabriel Jesus get in front of him for the header.

24. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Talk about dilusion.

RMSocrates, MaxY, Halycon and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    Everyone makes mistakes, but no one makes goals. The problem is goals and thats the front 3 doing it most of the time. We need 3 new guys upfront, Vinicius and Rodrygo as subs. I would love too see Sterling - Haaland - Mbappé, with De Bruyne behind them and Odegaard as his sub. Benzema is done after this season, its time too move on.