REAL MADRID vs MANCHESTER CITY | Champions League Quarterfinal 1st Leg | 09.04.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 8, 2024.

1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We can we just need our players to be clinical and compact.

2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    KDB and walker returning will be a big boost to City.

Keeping Madrid'd left flank limited with Walker's pace and KDB's line breaking passes will be dangerous.

The Madrid front three would need to be clinical. Otherwise it will be a long night.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can only win lose or draw.

4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    What I mean is they most probably are going to be stonger and are at home. While Madrid are basically the same team.

So it is imperative that Vini and co. put their shooting boots on and not be as wasteful as the 1st leg.

5. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m so sick of Pep and his stupid death star. Almost no one expects us to win at this stage I really hope we can prove the world wrong. Have we ever been so comprehensively beaten (like a 4-0) twice in a row by any team? Let’s hope Carlo has cooked something good the return leg.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's up to the players as well, using Carlo as a shield is easy enough.

Deep Pal and petros93 repped this.
  7. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolutely, but I think a lot of people would argue we may have lost last year anyway but the reason we lost 4-0 was how we were tactically set up.

By the way even in that miraculous comeback the year before that, we scored all our goals with Kroos, Modric, and Casemiro all off the pitch.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Those desperation full on attack comebacks should not be the basis of what we attempt to do.
    That's what i don't get. These only work on a situational basis.

Deep Pal and petros93 repped this.
  9. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And yet that seems to have been the only thing that has worked for us in all these times trying. Otherwise it’s just draws and losses unfortunately.

10. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Important note: when the starting whistle blows and it's 0:0 we are not out of this tie.

Deep Pal, Nir_O and madridismo repped this.
  11. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    City last 4 games
    4 goals
    4 goals
    3 goals
    5 goals (today)

12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    We can stop them, but they are the clear favorites. I know, I know, we are Madrid, but we can't deny reality.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

They should win

but we can do it

Deep Pal and hector_br repped this.
  14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good news is the goals are bound to dry up eventually, they are very unlikely to keep on scoring 4+ goals per game and will lay a goose egg one of these days.

But I have no answers for how to set up the team. I would like to see Brahim, Rodrygo, Modric and Kroos all on at the same time to see if we can't out tiki-tak city (I think we can). Problem is I have Vinny, Ed and Fed as automatic starters and Jude won't be left on the bench either.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We have to play the same team the same way but cut out the errors and be clinical. Carlo needs to be very attentive to the levels of fatigue because once Kroos or someone else shows a hint if it they need to be replaced.

temesgen, Halycon and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We have beaten Pep's Barca at Camp Nou and his Bayern team at Allianz. Scored early from set piece in both games (Khedira at Camp Nou and Ramos double at Allianz). Then absorbed pressure and hit them on counter in those wins. Beating City at home is not impossible. An early set piece goal to ruin their gameplan might be the best way. Not having Tcho and Militao not fit enough to start hurts us in set-piece attack as well though.

Shay Z, CivilProtection and madridismo repped this.
  17. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It would be so great if we can get an early goal and keep it tight at the back. Apparently the last 3 times we played at their stadium they have scored early. (First 10 minutes in 2020 and 2022, and at 23 minutes last year).

18. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Lets not be so desperate....maybe they seem a bit better than us but this is football...and I wont consider it a miracle if we beat them at etihad stadium...its not like we dont play football....im more afraid how will Nacho pair up with Rudiger.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Of course we can win

they are the favorites and should win

but that’s about it

they are not unbeatable
    They are not men against our guys being kids

we are Real Madrid. We have a very talented and experienced squad. We have pedigree

I’m confident in our boys

Shay Z and hector_br repped this.
  20. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    We better win, otherwise those oil pricks will get an easy ticket to the final.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Of course, he’s the manager. It would be no different with 99% of teams.

No one here believes that City are unbeatabe. But everyone acknowledge that they are obvious favorites.

hector_br repped this.
  22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm as confident and optimistic as I was prior to the first leg. Not because I expect us to be more clinical or better defensively, but because we're playing Manchester City. In my view, Pep's teams play the same, whether it's home or away. So you can expect the familiar high press, high energy, quick passing, quick movements, possession, etc. We know that and we should be able to deal with it, if set up accordingly. Excluding the Nacho risk (he can come up big, but we haven't seen it this year unfortunately), if the players don't give away silly goals (note: I said goals, not chances), then I expect it to be a very close game, as both teams are close to each other in terms of quality. Having said this, City are close favourites.

23. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    #898 Nir_O, Apr 14, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    Let's talk about the 2nd leg
    How do we handle the Blitz of the first 30 minutes with 7-8 city players seating on our goal ?
    What is the solution for that ?
    Last season 1st Half:
    316 passes vs 99
    13 shots vs 1
    72% possession vs 28%

Attached Files:

24. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’m fed up of hearing about city and guardiola, I’ll be happy when the tie is over and we can move on.

Realist, Shay Z and Toro70 repped this.
  25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F it.

Rodrygo---Vinicius---Brahim

Camavinga---Bellingham---Modric---Valverde