REAL MADRID vs MALLORCA | La Liga Jornada 31 | 24.06.20 | 22:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 23, 2020.

1. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    5 subs to keep would be idiotic thing, because is benefits only top team.

2. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I get goosebumps when I think of the potential our young players have and are already showing. Our future is bright.
    Screenshot_20200625-062224.jpg

ahnaf, madridista_hr, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  3. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So, who’s our right back next year? Because I’m sad to say that Dani isn’t good enough anymore. And Hakimi isn’t ready.

4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Carvajal haters are laughable.

dooda repped this.
  5. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mean do you want to engage with the substance of the point instead of calling me a “hater”? You’re not at all concerned with how often Carvajal gets totally beat one on one?

Eddie, Stiliyan and Zidane05 repped this.
  6. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yes well this is for UK viewers only via La Liga TV. I mean what do most the American commentators know anyway

7. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Not at all concerned and still consider him top 3 RB in the world.

Digital and Prit Javier repped this.
  8. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Needlessly divisive, no? Ray Hudson is from Tyneside and Phil Schoen has been calling football games for at least 25 years. And I generally find Bein commentators much better than some of the schmucks that Fox has run out over the years when they've held broadcast rights to either the CL or the Bundesliga (good riddance to them because they won't air the Bundesliga after this season ends).

Not saying I'm the most enamored with many American commentators and not saying I don't also have a bit of a subconscious bias telling me that a British accent sounds "correct" to me when I'm watching a game. But there's nothing stopping any American from knowing and appreciating this game any different than anybody else from anywhere else.

9. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Just shit commentators don’t worry we had Andy Gray Back in the 90s, biased prick. I prefer Gerry Armstrong for Spanish Football.

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carvajal has had some issues but IMO it’s all a bit overblown, as I always say, no player is perfect and certainly not every single game, and some even have dips in form for a season but the overall quality remains , he’s certainly improved his form from last season

we’ve got one of the best defensive records out there this season and in our history, no one is going to tell me Carva is “not” a part of that, I’m far from ready to dismiss him as a player capable of playing for us, my view

Bear Crotch repped this.
  11. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I call 1-3 months a dip, but he is underperforming for almost 2 years now. He has his moments, but overall he is very very weak. Poor decision making, bad defending (1 on 1) and especially very bad crosses.

12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not anymore imo.

Lyra, Zidane05 and Eddie repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm concerned with how he's been tasked to command the entire right flank for years now. If Bale isn't having that 1 out of 20 nights where he's decent, Carvajal is often playing for two. We're putting miles on that engine.

ahnaf, Bear Crotch, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. He is asked to cover too much ground, and surely that affects his stamina and positioning on the defensive end. He has no one to really work with that STAYS on the right, other than whoever that right mid is. Get a better solution at right wing, not Bale, not Asensio, not James, not Isco. Help Dani out.

J-Mezzy, Anon., Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  15. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    I actually don't think that is necessarily always the case.

When teams get tired and space opens, its easier to open up a defensive team and score.

The weaker team can swap out tired players and maintain their form.
    I think it just improves the quality of play.

Although I am just waiting for Mourinho to perform the ultimate park the bus move and sub out all his attackers for 5 additional defenders. :whistling:

I also think you would see more games do 180 degree turn arounds.

Growing up, I use to play in leagues that had more subs and I found the play just better.

16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not the point. Point is top teams can deeper squads, for example, Mallorca, dont.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only one that comes close........................ Lucas and already no one wants to see him play

18. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    To defend, you don't need a great squad. You need fresh players.

I played on underdog squads, and we preferred having more subs because we could apply the defensive pressure for 90 minutes. It just means a different game plan and tactics. If you know you are only playing 60 minutes, you just kill yourself applying defensive pressure int the midfield for 60 minutes and then sub out. We use to keep a fresh player on the other team's best player, basically man marking them out of the game.

And you still can't dispute that the quality is better.

If you watch two mid-table La Liga teams, or even the bottom dwellers head to head (which I do often), it dramatically improves the quality of play for these games. These games are sometimes horrible to watch in the final 20 minutes.

Stiliyan repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well then my friend the joke is on you, Mourinho never plays with 5 attackers!

:D

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Jokes on you, in Mourinho's next press conference he's going to read out all the matches he's had five or more attackers on his match day starting XI and bench.

Will probably last half a minute

Eddie repped this.
  21. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Carvajal has been fine in my view. Maybe not last year but again that's a wash for me.

As others have said he's tasked with commanding the entire right flank. His defensive and offensive duties were more efficient when we had a prime Bale who was still threatening and a left flank of Ronnie and Marcelo at their heights pulling and shifting the defense their way.

Get him a proper right flank player coupled with Valverde and an intermittently playing Modric and he'll be fine.

natenate101 repped this.
  22. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good points thanks guys.

4x4s repped this.
  23. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I might be alone, but I think you can replace CR but finding someone who lives for the club and truly is as passionate as Sergio is very hard. Before him, I say Raul was at the same level.

J-Mezzy and Eddie repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Woah there. I respectfully disagree. As a personality he would leave a huge gap, but how many would assume that he would be this much of a captain when he was being a wild man out there with Iker on the team? At some point people compared him to Guti the most.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would say Raul was more of a diplomat. If I would compare them to other club legends and their possible future potential, I would say Raul is more of a Beckenbauer, a diplomat that avoids conflict and brings people together, while Ramos is more of an Uli Hoeneß, a shield and spear guy that leads with a sharp tongue and attacks when needed.

Both can coexist in the same machine and can play an important role.