Real Madrid vs Levante - 28 Nov [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Nov 26, 2004.

1. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    figo suspended for nxt match after getting cautioned earlier on :( this means for that match we have no him or zizou!

2. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Javi Garcia in the game....now lets see if he is any good.

3. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Chalk up a loss.

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i believe celades came off for someone i didnt recognize.

it was javi garcia. cool haircut

5. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    goal 5-0 st mike does it again, now really why doesnt he start?

6. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Owen's add the 5th....just for good measure.

7. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    heres another. guti just got booked, his 5th aswel, likewise suspended for nxt match!

8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Damn...Javi Garcia might get the start.

9. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    good win. but why did becks and guti need to get booked in last min of the game when we are 5-0 up??

10. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Thats the Real Madrid I know!!!!

Whose goal was the best?

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i liked figo's.

12. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Was Beckham his usual passenger shite self, or did he improve on the right?

13. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    lovin your sig about gerrard ha!
    btw wher bouts in merseydide u from??
    just watchin a re-run of the game now

14. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    nice game. :D it's hard to complain about a 5-0 scoreline.

in the end GR didn't start Owen, but it didn't make a difference today as Ronaldo had his finishing boots on. The first goal came off a good medium-range pass over the top from Beckham (from a position in the middle, not on the right) which he controlled superbly with his chest to earn a little space between the defender and goalie and then beat the goalie near post. Excellent goal.

The second was a blast by Figo 10 meters or so outside of the box as he roamed into the middle - the defenders layed off him a bit as they tried to cover Raul and Ronaldo who were making runs ahead of him and it was right into the roof of the net. Another excellent goal.

The third was a pass from near midfield by Celades that sprang Ronaldo from the offside trap - great pass and good run that left him all alone with the keeper. Third excellent goal.

The fourth, by Beckham, was somewhat similar to Figo's goal, from about the same area. He jinked the ball past an onrushing defender to give himself space and, with time on the ball, sent a nice hard curler away from the goalie. Fourth excellent goal.

I was distracted in the bar and didn't get to see Owen's goal. Anybody see it? Was it excellent? ;)

As for the lineup - I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. Figo on the left provides just as much as on the right, imo. Quite frankly I don't see any drop off in his contribution when he plays on the left - he's exactly the same. Beckham tended to drift into the middle a great deal, as he seems to do when he plays on the right for England, but it's hard to criticise him for that when by doing so he scored a goal and had an assist today. I hope when Zidane comes back GR will stick with this and slot him into the middle.

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc

don't recall what beckham did for his yellow. maybe he was just trying to get in on the fun with figo and guti.

16. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Beckhams drifting can become a problem, it happens all the time for England leaving Neville exposed. Hopefully if he continues playing right or club and country he'll stop sneaking into the middle.

17. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Great collection of goals!!!!

Levante, one of the best teams in this beggining of season, made a very good pressure in the first half, but,they couldn't maintain the same level in the second half.

Figo played good in the left. I think that he is a little better at the right, but at the left, he can make very good diagonals like in his goal, taking advantage of his great shot.

Great goals of Figo and Beckham, sometimes we try to make the things very difficult, we shoul try to shot more time from outside the goal area, we have very good players for that, Figo, Beckham, Zidane, Roberto Carlos, even Guti, Solari or helguera have a really good shot.

Guti and Figo forced clearly the five yellow card to not play the next weekend against Villareal. All the people in the stadium knows that. Guti didn't stop to protest, make fouls, lose time in the last 15 minutes to force his five yellow card.

Real Madrid intention is to reserve the most important players for the tremendously important game agaisnt Roma. Guti and Figo wasn't going to play against Villareal, the force the yellow to be empty of yellow cards. Probably we play against Villareal with:

Casilllas
    Salgado - Mejia - Samuel - Roberto Carlos
    Beckham - Celades - Javi Garcia - Solari
    Morientes - Owen

Or other team very similar. It is a risk because Villareal is a very good team. But the game against Roma is really important.

Another good thing about the game was to see the first game of Javi Garcia in Bernabeu. He is 17 years old, and he is one of the players that has debuted younger in the last years with RM. I like this player, although he still have to improve many things. He is tall, and strong for his age, very good in the air play, he has scored a lot of goals with his head with RM B. He is elegant with the ball, good touch, he has a good dribbling (he isn't Figo), he try to make the things easy making fast short passes (Redondo style), maybe he should improve his vision of play, at this moment he isn't a last pass player like can be Guti. But he has a stronger constitution than Guti to play as midfielder. He played as forward in his first year the club, but he is playing as midfielder (OM and DM) in the last years. He has a good shot. Play good with both legs. He still isn't a build player, but he is very complete,maybe not great in anything, but good in a lot of things. He can be a really interesting player if he continue with his progresion.

18. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > You could see Owen's anxiety even before he was on the pitch...Owen scored...and thats a call for starting in Madrid's next match ;) . <

19. Makaveli 13

Makaveli 13 New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    > Oh yea..i fergot to add...nice goal by Beckham :) <

20. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    The first half was torturous to watch. Eiither Raul or Becks should have had that corner. Ronaldo looked pissed that he didn't get the third. Figo looked like he took a knock, I thought he'd go off sooner. I'm more impressed with Guti's run than the goal it resulted in. I'm really happy for the win, though. A decisive win ahead of Roma can only help.

Edit: A couple nice saves by Iker, as well. :)

21. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Beckham did better on the right today, then he has in the middle. It wasnt a great performance from him, but he did get in some nice crosses as well as the nice ball to ronaldo for the goal, and the sensational one he had.

22. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I certainly liked to see Beckham on the right. And Figo on the left worked great. Everyone in RM played well, even the usual suspects Samuel & Celades. Great to see Javi Garcia get a chance. RM did struggle in the first half, but following the first goal, the confidence rose significantly. 5 - 0 is quite a thrashing of Levante. My man of the match: Salgado. He made great tackles, runs and won the ball well all night. One of the Skysports guys said at halftime, GR should just point at Salgado & say if you all play as hard as him, you would be up 3 - 0. Hell, maybe that is what GR said. I also saw security remove a guy from the stands & didn't hear any of the monkey chants - I hope that situation continues.

23. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    That's 'cause they were going on at Getafe, directed again at Eto'o. Some people are just hell-bent on making Madrid appear to be as racially hostile as they possibly can.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=317791&cc=5901

24. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    I didn't know he was that young, but you could tell it was his first game. The look in his eyes when he came onto the pitch said everything. Thanks for the background on him, MadridForever. It's always encouraging to see a young prospect from the cantera.

25. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    I thought it was a schizophrenic performance, from the team and from the players. Only Salgado and Helguera played a consistent 90 minutes. In the first half, almost every single other player was utter rubbish. But the 2nd half performance was much better, and much as I loved the goals by Beckham and Figo, the moment I liked best was Guti’s run to set up Owen, especially the nutmeg on the final pass.
    I think the defence may have kept a clean sheet but it wasn’t a very convincing performance. Too many open shots and one shocking piece of marking off a corner… if it had been players like Montella, Totti, Cassano or to’o, I’m sure we would have given up a goal or two. Samuel was often dragged to the left because RC went walkabout, and I think that Samuel works best when he is in the middle. But it was a better performance by the Argentine, none of the sloppy errors that have characterised the last few performances.
    Raul didn’t have a particularly strong game, Celades gave the ball away often and Ronaldo looked frustrated at the lack of support and service in the first half. Beckham again had done very little till the first goal. But as soon as the goal happened, it’s like someone switched on a light. Ronaldo, Beckham and Guti in particularly really improved as the game went on, and I hope that this isn’t another false dawn for Ronaldo like the game against Albacete, but an actual turnaround. Anyway, I am increasingly start to feel that a large part of the problem with Ronaldo has been the lack of support and the lack of service, rather than just poor play on his part.
    Solari looked good when he came on, as he always does, and it was good to see a cantera boy get the chance to play.
    Would have to agree with Salgado as the MOM.
    And I think we had better buy a real left-back in the winter-break, RC is playing astonishingly poorly, even if he did have a goalmouth save.