Real Madrid vs Juventus | UCL Semi Finals, 2nd Leg| 13.05.15| 20.45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raul_elmatador, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ungratefulista

Aimar 21, S1na and Gbonyx23 repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    First off, A lot of the issues were resolved by removing Mourinho from the team. I compare it removing a cancerous tumor from one's body and never having the cancer come back. It's actually funny you would say that trying to prove that Mourinho did a good job, when in fact, for the time he was here we could never get to the finals, and the first season he's out, we win it all.

Secondly, that alone is a testament to the job that Carlo did last year.

That's simply because when you're the best club in the world, nothing is ever good enough. But you wouldn't know anything about that. Now move along, your kind bore me.

zohee repped this.
  3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Barça stable? The Barça where fans wanted Enrique out earlier this season? Where the old president might face jail time? Where the new president is being looked at as well by the law? Where the technical director was fired for assembling the current team? Where the star player is stealing millions from the Spanish people?

Damn, I hope we never get that 'stable'.

RMSocrates, sorin boeangiu, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I mean the guy started his post defending Mourinho. Where do you go from there?

RMSocrates repped this.
  5. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know there was a discussion on this in the other teams thread but I'm still convinced Barca stumbled upon the easiest treble in history if they win it.

6. RaiseThe10thAncelotti

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Not a chance

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Don't they still need to beat Atletico and Juve to win the treble .. The two teams that knocked us out from both of these competitions.

Oh. I had forgotten the play Atletic not AM. Yeah easy CdR trophy for them .

8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They need to beat Athletic Bilbao for CDR and Juve for CL. Knocking us out isn't that impressive with our manager's lack of idea and the form of some of our guys when you follow the team as closely as us Real fans do.

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I don't put all the blame on Carlo as other do, that is the difference -I also put some of the blame on the players and lack of quality when I compare us against other teams in different areas. We should have been victorious over Juve after the two matches, just based on the strategies that we played on these two games, but our players lacked finishing and determination in both matches to put these games away, we had them bottled up in both games actually but no one could make something happen - our defense also could have done better.
    I don't really see a need to undermine a rival who since the beginning of the year, has been in excellent form and playing great football.

10. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Meh, I'm in the pro-Mourinho camp. You look back in hindsight, and he was right on most issues. When he was talking about Casillas' drop in form, people turned against him. Now, everybody is talking about how Iker is washed up.

11. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    #1061 Chess_Panther, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Mourinho?

Not really, he could of been more successful. What I like is the drama in your tone. You mentioned that there are issues still lingering today and yet they seemed washed away pretty easily last season. Which is funny because you confirm that by speaking of his removal. So what are these issues still lingering that have a dramatic impact in the structure of RM? Are they really so deep that somehow the club got to win it all afterwards? And then reach a semi of the CL? 2nd in La Liga?

Yes, because Mourinho. And Ancelotti. And Bale. And whoever else you want to throw to the pit.

Out of all the recent years I've been following RM closely, that the local media, fans and such have a memory span of a golden fish. And ungrateful in their core although that is not the main issue but rather how blind it makes you to the real problems that the club faces. The way the club is being run is far more destructive due to the people at charge and the idiotic untouchable cantera idols mentality.

I talk about running a club efficiently and drama free, and you in turn, you point about how many titles were not won by this single individual or how you compare Barcelona's instability with law related cases that don't affect them on the field...AS WE CAN VERY WELL SEE.

As for "i'm a fan of a bigger club than yours" argument I have to wonder if you know this is the internet and I could be a Barcelona fan in my next post just to bully you. To be self-entitled about achievements that you were not responsible for might explain why you wanted to be a moderator in the first place though.

I'll unsubscribe though just so that you can continue to be in your el dorado of hatred.

Ta-Da!

verde-rubro repped this.
  12. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. ahnaf

ahnaf Member+

Jun 9, 2013
    Dhaka,Bangladesh
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bangladesh
    coming from a guy who accuses others for being ungrateful. :rolleyes:

RMSocrates and natenate101 repped this.
  14. Gbonyx23

Gbonyx23 Member

May 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of the dumbest things I've seen on a football forum. Ramos was one of the main reasons we even got to this point in the season.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    So a team that wins has no issues? Is that what you are insinuating? There aren't fractions of the crowd that jeer Casillas because of what Mourinho did? And there isn't animosity between Xabi and Arbeloa with Iker? And that's only the stuff that's on the surface. The only reason that the team succeeded is because the coach is a master at dealing with the dressing room and with personalities and managed to put a lid on these issues. But keep giving me lessons about the club I've grew up watching. Nothing better than outsiders chastising us.

Who's the untouchable "cantera"? Iker? The person almost 90% of the board is calling to replace? Or is it because he's still here and your Portguese idol isn't that you're so butthurt about it? The dirt under his big toe's nail has done more for the club that Mourinho ever will. And that is a fact.

See it doesn't matter who you cheer for, your club will always be smaller than Real Madrid.

I have a feeling will see more of you though, your kind doesn't just unsubscribe and leave. They persist until they get banned.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho didn't talk about Casillas' drop in form, he spoke of him having private contact with Xavi and talking to him on the phone about what happened at the game between the two clubs. His problem was that Casillas thought Mou was insane, and to be honest, he wasn't very far off.

Mourinho is about as "washed up" as Iker is anyway.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  17. Sagaji10

Sagaji10 Member

Mar 8, 2005
    USA
    Good article by Marcotti: http://www.espnfc.com/club/real-mad...madrid-face-decision-on-carlo-ancelotti-stars

Especially like this part:

"Ancelotti put up with this without saying a word. He persuaded Kroos and James to learn their new roles, just as he had gotten Luka Modric, another attacking midfielder, to carry the can as a holding midfielder. Because he was saddled with two leading men who either don't want to do the dirty work or are pretty rubbish at it (you decide) he got Karim Benzema to make a sacrifice and run himself into the ground. Think there's another team in Europe who could carry Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo without a defensive stopper in midfield? Think again."

18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ eeeeeeh no. If he wanted his front three to defend, he shouldve gotten them to. If he cant, then we dont no Carlos Quireoz around.

4x4s repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Funny that you mention this, it's like... what I've been saying all along.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He sounds like he has no idea of what he's talking about.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    No he does. It really is much like the first go around for Perez. Buy players, let the coach think about how to fit it all together.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First of all, we "sold Xabi Alonso and didn't look for a replacement" ?
    The guy up and left just a day or so before the end of the transfer window for whatever differences he had with the team or his private life.

He said it as if the club kicked out Xabi (who wasn't our most solid defesive player either).

Also, Modric is arguably playing the best football of his career. Even if he was turned into somehting else, it worked great for both the player and the club.

WhiteBlood repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I didn't take it that way. But the club knew about Xabi leaving way before the public knew. That transfer didn't take place in 2 days.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's not how i remember it:

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Hmm.

Either way, the point of the article still stands.

robnycus repped this.