REAL MADRID vs INTER MILAN | CL Group Stage #4 | 25.11.20 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Conte about to get eliminated from group stages for the third time with Juve and Inter. In 2013-14, his Juve side finished third behind RM and Galatasaray. Last year behind Barca and Dortmund.

saadomar, MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odegaard is technically superb but I feel he needs to be a bit more sturdy/physically capable. If he improves there he can start for this team in the future without any worry.

We're not talking about him becoming a fridge: Modric for example can take a beating and he's tough as nails.

natenate101, Saeta Rubia, BjornH and 2 others repped this.
  3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Luka’s body balance helps a lot with that, the Bernabeu could be a carousel and he’d still be skipping past people.

temesgen, Shay Z, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly, an incredibly underrated player. The fact that he won a Balon d'Or was one of the biggest justice served moments in football in a while.

Deep Pal, 2Magia2, Saeta Rubia and 5 others repped this.
  5. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best all around midfielder of his generation. Engine.

Deep Pal, Drouchk, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Worth paying the ticket to watch. The sport highlight the goal scorers as the main attraction, but with a player like Modric, you're getting 90 minutes worth of value.

temesgen, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I made some Barca’s fans head melt on Twitter the other hand when I suggested that Modric is a top 3 mid of all time and is better than Xavi.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xavi might not individually be one of the best ever, but he was part of one of the best, if not the best midfields ever. Petty argument, who cares really. I won't ever really like Xavi on a personal level and have not enjoyed a single touch of his playing for Barca so i don't spend any time thinking about him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Xavi was the best in his role, but Modric was/is more complete, and more enjoyable to watch.
    But who cares, ******** Xavi and ******** FC shame********alaona, aka FC Barcelona.

RMrules, Saint Iker, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Never saw Xavi as anything more than a average player doing the simple things right and surrounded by great players. He was world class at talking rubbish tho. True story. Pep and the football media made some of the Barcelona players look like gods who revolutionized the game.

Busquets for example was world class in his position for years. Dani Alves as well. Iniesta was world class too. Puyol, not so much.

J-Mezzy and RMrules repped this.
  11. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Xavi is a system guy it just so happened that the two teams he played for both had the same personnel so therefore they played the same system.

You put Modric in any team and he's the best midfielder in that team. He's even greater than Iniesta. Seriously, the best midfielder of his generation. His only drawback is his height but to my knowledge it's never cost him as he still can win balls in the air somehow.

Modric is the guy I want back in the club in some capacity.

MaxY, Drouchk, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.