Real Madrid vs Getafe | La Liga Jornada 33 | 02.07.2020 | 22:00 CEST

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MaxY, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Reliable source: “Hazard is not injured nor relapsed. His absence is a precaution.”

Ahmadi8, Prit Javier, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm happy to see LV and Jovic back, we need everyone to be ready for these last 6 games.

3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Not bothered about Hazard, I'd prefer VJ over him at this point anyway.

Asensio Benzema VJ

Get Jovic some decent minutes please.

4. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have Asensio and Rodrygo that have hardly played. Maybe he's there to back up the RB position.

Prit Javier repped this.
  5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I'd love to see Asensio returning but not sure if against Getafe, they're butchers.

Maybe Vini, Benz and Jovic?

Prit Javier repped this.
  6. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It will be a 4 man midfield with Vini and Benz up top

Prit Javier and RMrules repped this.
  7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am afraid that Bale might start the game.

Prit Javier and Drouchk repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Doubt it but it sure wouldn't surprise me, i believe Asensio is due a start and this game might just be it.

Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  9. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I think he’s unfit we could see it in the last game, there is no excuse after the break they have had to suddenly put on weight.

10. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yeh i think Bale or Asensio starts

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think he’s put on weight. I think the schedule is just a heavy workload especially for someone coming off such a serious injury. He’s played two games in the last 7 days. Our final 4 games are in the span of 9 days. And yes, he’s probably not fit enough to handle this much right now. And I’m sure his ankle isn’t 100% either with how much he’s been getting hacked.

It’s only going to get more intense on the bodies of the players. There will need to be some serious rotations.

Zidane05 and Prit Javier repped this.
  12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Let’s see how fit he gets by the find CL starts, he has no excuse to have a belly

Kroosinator and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Please God no.

Kroosinator and Excape Goat repped this.
  14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to break something if Lucas Vasquez plays tomorrow. Seriously I don't care if Zidane goes 5 subs deep to get him on the field (and I don't doubt he might).

Everybody's been warned about your phones and other valuables.

15. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Back in 2016-'17, down the stretch we had multiple games where we used that famed "B team" because of how packed our schedule was. We overcame it then, thanks in part due to the immense quality of our reserves, yeah, but the schedule was simply too prohibitive to go more all-out than we were.

It's the same deal here. Bale is going to play in a game or two before the league season is over. There's no getting around it. Just have to hope he's up to the task when the time comes. Whether it's tomorrow, or Sunday, or the game after that...if we win tomorrow, I think Zidane's probably going to roll the dice and try and go for the kill on Sunday and, if that works, rotate the squad for the Alaves game to follow. But there's going to be a heavily-rotated squad game very soon; it's unavoidable.

16. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bilbao beating Valencia away. Next Sundays game is goinf to be the toughest of the season. We go out of that game with 3 points we might as well get Cibeles ready because the momentum will push us through the remaining games

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, doesn’t look fit to me either

Prit Javier repped this.
  18. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I will judge him end of the season but for me not enough at present

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I won’t be judging him as far as this season goes at all, far too many interruptions for one reason or the other, but I expect him to be ready and raring to go for next season, right now though, he looks unfit to me

Bear Crotch repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Maybe he could get a yellow vs Bilbao and miss the Alaves games. That would be the best option.

Prit Javier repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worrisome but not surprising because he has been putting in work defensively, albeit in a overly aggressive manner at times. He’ll have to be judicious about his challenges when tracking back.

Prit Javier and Eddie repped this.
  22. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really been enjoying your insights lately! :thumbsup:

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and Dr. MvN repped this.
  23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    too many cheeseburgers

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    I do appreciate it, mi amigo.

You know, I always feel like I risk being a little out of my depth when I try to talk footy because I know there are some things that I don't see as well as I wish I did. I like to think I can watch the game with a "tactical" capability, but then I see posts after games that leave me thinking "wait, what did I miss". Like, why I'm not able to see Casemiro's dominance as well as I feel like I should be able to. It frustrates me because if others can see it, then I should be able to as well. I can do better, but being able to and actually doing are two different things.

But I appreciate the positive feedback, sincerely. Gives me reason to think I'm at least doing...something right, anyway. ;)

I wasn't aware of his yellow card count. Given the complete bastard way of playing that Getafe play...I would've said to perhaps rest him for this game (or use him as a limited sub) but Hazard's already been left out of the squad for this game, so Vini is obviously playing the bulk of tomorrow's game. Don't know whether that means he might feature against Athletic or not, but my guess is Hazard will be back for that game, so maybe it's kind of a moot point.

As long as his yellow card suspension doesn't come for MD37. There's a good chance we're gonna need the whole squad - or as close as we can get - available for that game.

25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #75 Excape Goat, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Our strength might be in numbers of quality players. I do not have an analysis of the depth chart of every La Liga teams. I assumed that every team will have fatigue issue sooner or later. Real Madrid as a bigger club probably has a deeper squad than most teams. We were worrying about us, but everyone else has the same problem. If we can't field our best Xi every match, everyone else also can't. Zidane can win every game by spreading the playing times around. Isco, Mariano, Asensio, Militao, etc have not featured much since the break.

Deep Pal and Dr. MvN repped this.