Real Madrid vs Galaxy, Season Ticket Holders DO NOT Get Regular Seats? Why??

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LaVerne, Jul 1, 2005.

1. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    real madrid tickets are now available at ticketmaster
    looks like most areas are sold out. just got tickets in section 120.

2. FatAndUgly

FatAndUgly New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Huntington Beeyatch
    Let me guess...you're upset that Real Madrid are playing here instead of West Brom? And you want to take it out on the Galaxy fans? Real classy. If you read any of this thread, you'd see that there is a lot of frustration on the part of the fans to understand why the Galaxy/HDC/AEG do what they do.

p.s. I don't think West Brom would pull in a lot of fans over here, nor do I think they'd do well. Just my humble opinion...

3. FatAndUgly

FatAndUgly New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Huntington Beeyatch
    Can anyone tell me if the Real Madrid match will be televised locally?

4. Murray

Murray Member

Aug 2, 1999
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to soccertv.com it will be televised on Fox Sports West 2 (not the Soccer Channel).

Mon Jul 18 07:00PM Pacific
    Mon Jul 18 08:00PM Mountain
    Mon Jul 18 09:00PM Central
    Mon Jul 18 10:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr 30 min LIVE
    FSN West 2 (Los Angeles)
    International Friendly - CONCACAF/UEFA
    Los Angeles Galaxy (United States - MLS) vs Real Madrid (Spain)

Usually when there are restrictions there's a little note added, like "subject to area restrictions". There is no such note here.

5. FatAndUgly

FatAndUgly New Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Huntington Beeyatch
    Thanks for the info. The HDC site lists the game as starting at 7:30, I guess there will be 1/2 hour of pre-match coverage?

6. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't expect this match to be blacked out on the Directv sports pack nation wide. So, if you have directv and get fox sports world, you should be able to see the game.

7. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance it'll be available on Direct Kick for those who don't have DirecTV? I have Comcast and I would like to see them offer a RSN package in the future.

8. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking a lot of the frustration posted by Season ticket holders regarding this match is more than just this one event. Season Ticket holders have been shafted for years...even before AEG took over.

It used to be that whenever someone would complain about something at the Rose Bowl...the FO response was it was out of their control because they didn't own the stadium and that things would improve once they got their own stadium. However, now the team is in the HDC...they blame everything on AEG...and still the fans get screwed.

9. LaVerne

LaVerne New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Recieved my so called equal tickets yesterday. I have gone to a corner section, half way up, from my regular season front row 18 yard line.
    NOT EQUAL!

10. DogmaticFtbolFanatic

Apr 25, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Just for the record, I am another season seat holder a bit miffed at the front office. The Real Madrid ticket fiasco/downgrading is just the final straw for me. I've been a season ticket holder since the the HDC opened but really question the value of those seats. I agree with points on both sides of this argument....it's the overall poor treatment (details can be found in many of the posts in this thread) from the front office that is driving me away. Personally for me they have made the final bunder regardless of their situation. IMHO they could have showed more loyalty to their fans but chose a different approach. If this was their only blunder I could live with it. Unfortunately it just one of many.

11. Ducky

Ducky New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    South El Monte
    I remember somebody posting that RM's training session was included for season ticket holders but I have not heard anything from the FO. Does anybody know if season ticket holders gets tickets to the practice session???

12. DogmaticFtbolFanatic

Apr 25, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Actually I forgot to mention another reason to be angry with the front office. The challenge of finding a bacon wrapped dog nowadays is causing me mental anguish along the same lines as being burned by a cup of coffee at McDonalds. On a positive note I no longer feel like I am breaking the law during a purchase. And to prove this point I notice my eyes no longer dart all over looking for security while making the purchase. I just see it as the 'new norm'.

13. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Yes, season ticket holders get tickets to the RM practice session (unfortunately I don't think you're going to reach anyone in the FO today).

14. USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN New Member

May 19, 2005
    Los Angeles
    It's a little late now, but you should have gotten your free ticket in the mail.