Real Madrid vs Galaxy, Season Ticket Holders DO NOT Get Regular Seats? Why??

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LaVerne, Jul 1, 2005.

1. DR THROSTLE

DR THROSTLE New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    ENGLAND
    I hope you lot pay through the nose and literally get stuffed

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee, I've forgotten. What is WBA's all time record in games against Real Madrid?

3. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Real Madrid play CHIVAS (the real ones) in Chicago, do FIRE season ticket holders get their seats? Nope, because AEG/SUM is putting on this event. Would you have been happier if Real Madrid played some Mexican team at the Colliseum (could easily have done) and therefore you would have to pay full price like every other schmuck in town?

Like I said, just because it INVOLVES the G's and takes place at the HDC doesn't mean that the G's FO controls it.

Tommy Mack

4. Galaxy Lab

Galaxy Lab New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    So Cal
    I bought my season tix based on the regular season games and the one playoff game included, and figured and bonus games are just that. I honestly wouldn't have minded paying extra for my seats for the Madrid game. What irritates me is that when the Madrid game was announced, I called and was told that "oh, if you're a full season ticket holder, you're ok , it just counts as your Bonus games B&C, you already have tickets". OK great. But no mention that they aren't your regular seats. I find that out in the official letter I received. Oh well, at least you're letting us know in advance, though I disagree. Then I get to the game Saturday and find out that many season ticket holders were able to get their regular seats after all by forking out an extra $33 or so. Well how were we supposed to know that? It never mentioned that in the letter. I guess unless you called to complain, they saw no need to pacify you and figured you could just sit wherever. Like I said, I wouldn't mind paying extra to keep my seat, but dammit show some loyalty and at least give me first right of refusal and not only if I called to complain. I hope whoever sits in my season seats for Madrid likes them enough to buy them, because they may be available soon.

Here's a novel idea for the FO: have a Season Ticket holder section on your web site and keep us all updated and informed together and with the right info.

5. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i aint a season ticket holder but if its just an AEG event,"a non-galaxy game" then why would they want you to buy tickets for another game?

6. andric

andric New Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Hey,

I do know that AEG screws the Galaxy quite a bit. Green Day is playing two shows at HDC on Oct. 8th & 9th. You will also notice that the G's are playing Chivas on Oct. 8th.

AEG booked the shows with Green Day and decided they could move those games elsewhere, of course they didn't clear that with either team...

7. Murray

Murray Member

Aug 2, 1999
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club Seat Holders Cannot Use B & C Bonus Tix!!!!

I was just told by the Galaxy that unlike all the other season ticket holders, Club Seat season ticket holders have NO OPTION but to pay $150 a ticket--they cannot get a ticket by swapping out the B & C bonus tickets!!!

I told them (among other things) that since they are so good at selling all these tickets, they can go ahead and start selling my two season tickets for next year. I wish I had the time to take the legal action this deserves.

Signed,

Ten year (former) season ticket holder

8. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Never noticed this before - thanks for pointing it out. It's a Chivas "home" game, but I wonder where they'll move the game to? On Ticketmaster it says that the game has been postponed . . .

9. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Has anyone got their seats yet for Real Madrid? I already got my Chicago tix. Hmmmm... :cool:

Re: 10/8 Chivas derby - keep me posted. I want to go to the last derby of the season! :)

10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Club Seat Holders Cannot Use B & C Bonus Tix!!!!

I am SOOOO glad I gave up my club seats when they did that crazy LAG plus Chivas forced package. And this just tops it off.

But, just to clarify, the Los Angeles Galaxy does not and never has controlled the Club Seats. The Club Seats and the Suites are controlled by and sold by the Home Depot Center, a different AEG subsidiary. So, while LAG at least to some extent DID protect its season ticket holders, you and other Club Seat members are NOT LAG season ticket holders and got no protection. You are at the tender mercies of HDC/AEG.

So for you "lucky" Club Seat holders, what about the bonus games? Clearly there aren't going to be any bonus games (since the rest of us have had our B & C-game tickets credited to our accounts). Are they at least doing that, or are they relying on the lease language that says they gaurantee only a minimum number of games per year. I do hope you read that lease....

Finally, I do feel your pain and understand your anger. Just make sure its directed at the right people - HDC/AEG and not LAG.

11. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a regular season match involving Real Madrid vs. Real Betis two years in Madrid and those tickets cost me $150 Euros a piece!!!!!!!!!!! Not even great seats either so be fortunate that we only have to pay $70 bucks or whatever.

Typical LA mentality! We can't even witness the greatest game ever imagined for Galaxy fans without complaining about something. We should be happy we have a stadium and a team to watch every saturday.

Parking price, now there's something to legitamately complain about.

12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    if the Galaxy don't control it, then it is only because they didn't negotiate to do so. i suppose you're right - that they might have lost the game had they not made such a demand - but maybe that would be better than getting the game without protecting your supporters. i'm not sure we're really at odds, but what i'm saying is that the Galaxy doesn't get to throw up its hands and say, don't blame us. one way or the other, they're responsible, and if they don't control it, they're responsible for that.

(and, no, it wouldn't tick me off to see them play a full mexican squad at the colliseum rather than a landon-less Galaxy at HDC).

13. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you fricking kidding me?

That's grattitude for your commitment of rediculous money for those seats when you could sit in the same seats accross the way for much less and still get your Real Madrid game.

Who runs this front office?

I'm almost definitly going to reduce my commitment to the team next year by reducing the number of games or downgrading to a cheaper season ticket.

By the way, I'm still waiting for my "Decade of Stars DVD", the Galaxy BBQ, my "guaranteed premium giveaways", my "exclusive 2005 season plan holder gift" (What was that?) and the used equipment sale.

The "it's out of their hands" exuse because its AEG holds no water. It's a cop out and if you buy it you are being fooled.

14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Like how AEG has screwed Staples suite holders from getting any discounts on account of the cancelled NHL season?

15. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, I'm the first to think that corporations screw the common guy, but dammit, I think a LOT of people in LA whine a lot for very little reasons if they were to compare what other cities have.

The Inferno in Dallas would pay $200 a head to watch a game between FC Dallas and Real Madrid.

The Kansas City fan's look at us like, "They have a team that'll be around next year... and the nicest stadium in America... and they are ungrateful about a free game with Real Madrid....?"

Colorado fans can't even breathe because of lack of oxygen.

Columbus fans keep telling themselves that their stadium is the "Heart of Soccer in the US"... and would GLADLY give up eating brats to watch Real Madrid at CCS.

Miami and Tampa Bat are blissfully unaware, but trust me... more of them would show up then... say... SAN JOSE!

And hey... let's hear it for FIRE fans... they get to watch a latin team beat the crap out of a latin team. Nothing wrong with that, but I like watching MY HOME TEAM get the crap beaten out of them by Real Madrid.

If you truly are pissed, pay a bit more AND GET YOUR SEATS!!!

Furthermore.. for the love of buddha, STOP WHINING. THERE WILL BE OTHER GAMES TO USE THOSE TWO BONUS TICKETS TO.

Problems? My assistant is Helen Waite. Go to Helen Waite.

Tommy Mack

PS: Damn, that Helen Waite joke is so old.....

16. Murray

Murray Member

Aug 2, 1999
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just don't get it do you?

Paying $150 per head to see Real Madrid is a no brainer.

It's paying for it TWICE that's the problem.

It's broken promises about doing their best to get "the best" internatiional friendlies for our Bonus Games, about us putting up with the Fresno Fuego and the like for ten years (and those Bonus Tickets are not free by a long shot if you know what club seats cost) and then, when they finally get a decent Bonus Game, using the technicalities of interlocking corporate entities under common control to say, oh no, this isn't a Galaxy game. And then setting it up so that regular season ticket holders get to swap out two bonus tickets, but those that financially anyway have supported the team the most, they don't get that deal--they just pay exactly what the general public will pay for the highest priced ticket--not a penny discount, not nothing for our years of support.

Go ahead and call me a whiner, or worse. I don't do business with people that treat me this way. Others can do what they want.

17. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

18. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But not always the case. I paid $24 for a front-row upper deck seat at the Bernabeu to see them play Mallorca in 2002. However, it makes sense to pay a heck of a premium here because you're saving the $600 RT flight to Madrid.

19. Murray

Murray Member

Aug 2, 1999
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In response to Tommy Mack

"Ok. Due to the fact you haven't explained how you are paying $300 (or TWICE some smaller amount) is where I am lacking evidence of your argument... but go ahead."

"If this is truly about club tickets, I have no clue. Sorry. You may be right."

I will try. See my original post in this thread. Club seat season ticket holders are being singled out--they do NOT get to swap their B and C bonus game tickets for Real Madrid tickets. They can ONLY buy tickets at the face amount offered to the public. That's paying for them once, and paying for them just like any member of the public who has never supported the Galaxy in any way.

I already paid a huge amount for a lease of my seats from AEG Premium Seating to see all Galaxy games this year, including "the best international friendlies we can get", and this is one of them in my opinion. That's why I have paid for tickets to bonus games B and C. That's paying for them twice.

I follow the money. The same company (AEG) that's putting on this Real Madrid game, gets the profit from my club seats.

They can't say I only get to see the games that LAG controls, and then say LAG doesn't control the club seats.

I can't believe long time supporters of the club even have to find themselves in this kind of discussion. Sure kills it for me.

20. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    they ought to move it to 10/12 and get a doubleheader with the us/panama qualifier (apparently recently announced to be in new england). if they could pull that off and get LA a wcq, i'd be more impressed than this real madrid game.

of course, it would undoubtedly set a new record for face value on a ticket to see the men's national team....

21. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i'm not going to start a poll or anything, but Murray is making more sense to me than Tommy Mack.

22. gerth21

gerth21 New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Santa Ana, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that it is crap that Club Seats don't get this as a bonus game but at the same time you do have to remember that your lease is with AEG not the LAG so don't be mad at the G's be mad at AEG. And if you want to say they are one and the same then you are also saying we are all Metrostars, Earthquakes, etc.... And hell no would I stand for that. So start writing letters and calling AEG.

23. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Murray, I see your problem. And I do think you are getting shafted because you LEASED those seats. In my humble opinion, you should have access to ALL events at HDC without extra charges.

But that is an issue between you and the boys at Staples Center (AEG).

tm

24. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel for Murray and the other club seat folks that are getting screwed here. This is precisely why I buy a combination of a half-dozen or more 5- and 10-game packs. Yes, I don't get all the promises of team BBQ''s and DVD's and "premium giveaway" sh!t, but I do get to see the games I want to see, in the seats I choose. This year I got a bag full of T-shirts (thanks to rokstedy for the additional XL) and some playoff tickets thrown in the deal. When Hamilton gives me more on and off the field, then I will consider upping my commitment. This front office has by and large done a crap job with the best fans in the league. Imagine a day when we don't have a$$holes running the show. Until then, I'll watch games like Real Madrid on TV thank you.

25. USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN New Member

May 19, 2005
    Los Angeles
    My buddy and I got our same seats for the Real Madrid game. We just had to cash in two Bonus Game Tickets. No biggie.