Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo (R)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by bkn0528, Oct 17, 2003.

1. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Good matches this weekend. I will be at the pub all day! No major injuries - only Ruben I think. Time for Madrid to show that they can play well away from home.
    Line up should be:

Ronaldo
    Raul
    Zidane Figo

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    dammitt!

Ronaldo
    Raul
    Zidane Figo
    Helguera Beckham
    R. Carlos Pavon R. Bravo Salgado
    Casillas

3. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

It seems that that will be starting 11. I like this line up. It seems that Quieroz will use Helguera and Beckham for the away games, and Guti and Beckham for the home games. I think that the couple Guti-Beckham is too offensive for away games.

Celta de Vigo is a very dificult team. They were fourth the last year in la liga, playing very good. They have a very solid defense and midfield, and players with a great talent like Mostovoi or Gustavo Lopez. The last game i saw them play was against Milan in Champions league this year, and they played better than the Milan, although the game ended 0-0.

The game will be a very good reference about how is the real level of the team.

I tie would be a good result, but i hope that we win the game. If we don't play great we lost this game easily.

The game will be today at 19:30, Central european time.

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/envivos/2003/10/1025_index_rfsh.html

23'

Just need for Beckham to have sent the ball to Raul so all five superstars could get in on the play.;)

***Hey soccernutter, THAT is how it's done

And then there was this

64'

With the right foot!!!

5. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final

Celta 0-2 Real Madrid

A quote from the commentary which sticks out to me as a big positive:

-A great game in defense by Pavon and Raul Bravo, who continuously anticipated Celta's forwards.-

These two together appear to have a very bright future.

And for the record, I love listening to Radio Marca. Makes me crave a carajillo. ;)

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Ronaldo's goal and the movement that led to it was superb. Raul -> Figo -> Ronaldo -> Goal. Just about that quick and a hard shot low past the keeper. I don't think anyone had a poor game in particular. Conditions were difficult in the rain (it was pouring) but it was a solid away win against a decent opponent and that's what they needed.

is the partizan game this week at home or away?

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought it was Zidane who sent the pass to Figo.

8. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    you're right. my bad.

9. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Great first 30 minutes with Zidane and Figo as best players. The first half should have finished with a 0-2 or 0-3. In the second half the Celta played better but without too much danger. Then Roberto Carlos scored his 50 goal with the Real Madrid. I think that there isn't another player in the world playing in his position with so many goals. He is making history.

As you have said the first RM goal was a great goal, a perfect play, Raul Bravo - he is playing very good - recovered the ball in defense, he passed the ball quickly to Raul that passed the ball with his heel to Zidane, that gave a perfect pass to Figo, who made a great control and he immediately passed the ball to Ronaldo, that how he usually does, put the ball where the GK can't do nothing, GOAL!!!. it could seem easy but it is tremendously difficult.

Some notes about the game.-

Ronaldo with 6 goals is the top scorer -Pichichi - of la liga. He is tie with Pandiani.

This game has been the first game without goals against. Casillas will be very happy.

Helguera and Beckham could be the best couple for the midfield this year. They played good and they still can improve because they have played few games together.We will see, Guti also is a good option for the home games. Cambiasso is another good option.

Pavon and Raul Bravo are playing very good. I still have doubtz about Raul Bravo,but i must recognize that he is playing better each game.

Salgado and Roberto Carlos played very good, i think that it is very dificult to have better players in theirs positions.

As negative notes, i would say that the team must be more effective when it is playing very good, you can miss those goals later. And maybe be more concentrate when they are winning and it is seems that the game is won, you don't have to let the rival awake.