Real Madrid vs. AC Milan 10/21/2009 [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by kckal, Oct 19, 2009.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Crappy game by both teams. I told you guys Madrid's defense was bad irregardless of what the stats show :p

Pato was the brightest spot IMO. And Silva's up's on that disallowed goal was insane ! Seedorf had a good game ... Ronaldinho as always ... just blah ...

2. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Boy o boy wat a game...i hated the way Milan played in the 1st half...stupid long balls, and then too much passing instead of attackin wit no counter attack..2nd half we came out betta...ronnie played more middle and attacked rather than sat on the left wing and got hit by s ramos 10x....i think that even tho this game was just a group stage game it shows MILan and the world that we can win big games, we just get unlucky/dont play to our potential most of the time...we were out gattuso and a startin gk...they were witout ronaldo...next game should be different, but now we kno we can hang wit ne1...forza milano!

3. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    also I think Beckham would of been great for this game...

4. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I actually skipped going to the office today to watch the game which I haven't done since we played Liverpool in Athens. I met up with my old man at this stingy, prototypical - guinea joint loaded with old Italian retiree's.

Sitting there with my old man watching Milan comeback to win in the Bernabeau. I know its only a group stage game and Real might return the favor next game but I'll never forget this day.

Forza Milan sempre.

5. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    wHOOOOOOOOOOO_HOOOOOOO
    Nesta is the greatest defender alive
    and DeBleeckere is the worst referee alive

6. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    cant effing believe it. I had to change my pants after the third goal.

7. BellaCiao

BellaCiao New Member

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    MILAN MILAN MILAN MILAN MILAN MILAN MILAN MILAN MILAN MILAN

:D

Interesting that Madrid seemed to play in a very lackadasical fashion after going one up despite their mountain of possession & corners. I never really felt out of the game at any point.

A small point of contention I still don't get how the goal by Thiago Silva was disallowed, seemed to leap legitametely above the Madrid player to win the header. Ah well.

All good in the end, just loved how Seerdorf just waited & waited & waited before delivering that final ball to Pato who somehow seems to show up like Mr.Invisible unmarked like that. Beautiful.

Milan Siamo Noi! Ma che cazzo siete voi!! ;):D

8. WinningEleven

WinningEleven Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gamma, it was just "win.com" which I think is mainly for Poker.

Edit: Madrid will probably have "win.com" for their shirts when they play at the San Siro.

9. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Kaka was awful

[​IMG]

10. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    bro, he is still a rossonero at heart. he couldnt bring himself to play against our boys.

11. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Nah he has been mediocre for the past weeks.
    Not just tonight

12. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he shouldn't have left! :(

13. Riker

Riker Member

Jan 26, 2005
    US
    He looked totally out of position. He likes to play the counter-attack. Thats why he's so efficient with Brazil and was with Milan.

14. Habitat

Habitat New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    thank you milan. i was so happy i ran around my house

15. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    3 Things to Remember:
    • The press said Leonardo was out if we lost the two games vs Roma and Madrid.
      He won both.
    • The haters say Milan is old and would be run over by Madrid.
      Milan 3- Real Madrid 2.
    • Inter think they are the best team in Italy so they are privileged in Europe as well.
      Inter 2- Dynamo 2 :p
    FORZA ********ING MILAN

16. raya2

raya2 New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hah! I ran around my San Antonio house too :D

17. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and he didn't want to. :(

18. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where in TO was this?

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great job guys. 3 well-earned points away vs. one of the strongest teams in the world. Well done, Milan.

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Woodbridge, where else?:p

21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice work milan!

Really surprising result.

Real have now added another name to their transfer market list :

[​IMG]

22. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i set my dvr last night, and i avoided the internet all day. i turned my phone off once the game started. i usually can't resist peeking at the score and not watching the game if i can't see it live. i'm glad that i got to watch this one and feel the excitement. maybe all hope is not lost for this season after all...

23. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I actually waited toll 6:30 OM PST to watch the game - did not look, talk or hear from anyone and I was glad I did that. What a game!!! I was almost as happy as when we won CL (well not really, but a lot nevertheless). Dida should have his hands cut off so he does not play anymore, as he made nistake after mistake. When is Storari coming back, why are we not playing Roma?
    Pirlo and Seddorf were vey good, except that Clarence could not shoot to save his lefe. R80 was mediocre and lost the ball 23 times (I counted). Pato is very good when he is on the wing but he needs much help as he jus cannot do it all. Pippo wassub-par and Borriello was just OK. Nesta and Silva continue to amaza me, especially Sandro who might be back to his old form. The ref sucked ass, although he did not give RM penalty when Zambrotta tackled Benzema from behind.
    We need help of faster players and we actually them might have a shot at winning something.

FORZA MILAN!!!

24. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    http://goal.com/en/news/1127/player...75530/player-ratings-real-madrid-2-3-ac-milan

AC Milan

Dida 5.5 Partially redeemed himself after a calamitous error with a string of fine saves. Will not be pleased to have been beaten on his near post for Drenthe's equaliser though.

Oddo 6 Gave the side decent width from attacking positions and defended adequately.

Thiago Silva 6 Initially nervous but grew into his surroundings. Should have scored the winner but his header was ruled out incorrectly.

Nesta 7.5 The veteran is back to his best. Showed great anticipation and positioning sense throughout and was a calm influence in the Rossoneri ranks.

Zambrotta 5.5 Not the marauding presence he once was but efficient nonetheless. Had some difficulty with Benzema, particularly in the first half.

Ambrosini 6 Provided the through-ball for Pato's first but was largely overrun in midfield.

Pirlo 7 Did not make his presence felt until the final third of the game but lit the touchpaper on proceedings with an exquisite goal.

Seedorf 7.5 Finishing was wayward, however, his deliveries were second to none. Prompted the late winner through his vision and awareness.

Ronaldinho 6 Peripheral; showed only glimpses of both talent and interest.

Pato 8 A mature performance; had the measure of Marcelo and plugged away as his side struggled for chances. He eventually came up with the goods.

Inzaghi 4 Utterly anonymous.

Subs

Boriello 5 Limited contributions.

Flamini n/a

25. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just hope the Roma game and this game sees Pato return to form.