Real Madrid v Villarreal 1/27/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by maddi, Jan 26, 2008.

1. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Villarreal are looking to continue the rebound in form while Real Madrid "can handle a setback" according to Schuster. It is in Madrid. I expect a tight contest, nothing like the 0-5 drubbing from early September. But Villarreal should be very happy to pull out a single point, especially with the exhaustive defensive effort they put in on Thursday, and knowing that they have to travel to the Camp Nou this week after the match at the Bernebeu. I expect Villarreal to notch a goal or two, and it will come down to whether we can hold up Ruud, Robinho, and Raul. I figure it will come out 2-2 or 2-1, but I am hoping for a 1-2 line!

2. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 1' -> 0-0

3. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 9 ' -> 1-0 [Robinho]

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  5. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 28' -> Geat Save by Lopez

6. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 42' Great Save by Lopez on Guti F.K

7. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 44" -> Great Shot by Cazorla

@ Ht -> 1-1

8. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 48 ' -> 1-1

9. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    53' -> 2- 1 [Robinho]

10. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 65' -> 2-1

11. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    @ 76' -> 2 - 2 [Capdevila]

@ 77' -> 3 - 2 [Sneijder]

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Ft -> 3-2

13. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    The match was emotionally draining - up and down - and that was just on me. I can only imagine how the players are feeling, after the last week and a half thumped Valencia, gone nil-nil against Barca on Thursday, playing their hearts out on Sunday against Madrid, then having to travel to Barca this Thursday. I do not expect big things Thursday - they are going to be dead. Villarreal's legs were completely gone at the end of the match. Even though they tied it, the feeling before Madrid took it back down the pitch was that they would tie it up. Brave match, however, nothing to hold their heads down about. They showed they deserve to be considered near the top of La Liga.

14. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Games against Barca and Real Madrid are always the low-lights of the season for me. We can't ever get a fair game out Spanish refs for those games and always at the end of the game I end up feeling nothing other than why did we even waste the money travelling there.

15. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Thanks for the highlights, Kqql

16. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003