Real Madrid USA 05 TOUR

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ultra_Sur, Oct 21, 2004.

1. ilvfutbol

ilvfutbol New Member

Mar 12, 2004

2. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago

¿Que dices? ¿No te gusta Mahou? La verdad es que no se puede importarla, porque beberla de botella y de lata no merece la pena.

Trans: What? You don't like Mahou? Truth is they couldn't import it, because it's not worth it to drink it from a bottle or a can.

(It's only drinkable on tap, IMO)

But Ultra Sur is right, RM wanted to at least play the two matches (All-Star Game and in LA) this last year, but because they finished so poorly and thus had their off-season shortened, they wanted to give as much rest as they could to their players. I was pretty bummed because it would have been at Gillette, and I have a free bed and car in Boston when I need it.

3. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    :) Hola! Bueno, como veo que muchos me entedeis os lo escribo en Español y que alguien lo traduzca ;)

El Real Madrid iba a ir este año a jugar al menos dos partidos en USA, pero al no clasificarse para la Champions directamente no puedo ir, y solo puedo hacer una mini-gira por Asia.

Florentino Perez cree que el mercado asiatico ya esta tomado: Es el lider en venta de camisetas, llena los estadios, la gente idolatra a Beckham, Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo... Y cree que el mercado que queda por abrir es el Norteamericano.

No puedo facilitaros ningun periodico, pero en una entrevista realizada por REAL MADRID TV Florentino reconocia que el año que viene su ilusion es llevar al equipo a USA. Y creedme, ese es el objetivo: conquistar el mercado norteamericano. En la misma entrevista le preguntaban por el Real Salt Lake, y el decia que era todo un orgullo que un equipo de la MLS llevara el nombre de Real en honor al Real Madrid, y que seria fantastico tener acuerdos con el equipo de Utah.

Ademas, el Real Madrid siempre cuenta en sus giras con "Los Galacticos", si habeis visto algun partido de las giras asiaticas, siempre sale con los titulares, ya que asi es mas grande el tiron publicitario.

Para que veais que la noticia ha llegado a España, os pongo un link del principal periodico deportivo español (diario marca): http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,545109,00.html

Aqui podeis ver el link de Real MAdrid TV, que por cierto, dentro de la campaña de expansion del Real Madrid, se podra ver desde el 2005 en el resto de Europa, Asia, y se espera que America. http://www.plus.es/codigo/television/plataformas/digitalplus/canales_ficha.asp?id=110

Respecto a la Mahou... esta bien, pero ¿conoceis las cervezas alhambra??? buenisimas ;) http://www.cervezasalhambra.es/

Un saludo, y mucha suerte para vuestro primer año. Os puedo asegurar que vais a tener muchos fans en España, casi tantos como aficionados del Real MAdrid

4. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    Anda, se me olvidaba una cosa!! Jose Maria Garcia dejo de tener oyentes porque se volvio un poco prepotente. Ahora no esta en ninguna radio, lo echaron...

Pero puedes escuchar un buen programa de radio, el larguero de Jose Ramon de la Morena, a partir de las 12 am, hora española en:

www.cadenaser.com ;)

5. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side

Here, I think, is what Ultra said:

Hello! Well, seeing as some people here understand what I wrote, I will write in Spanish & someone can translate.

Real Madrid was going to play 2 games in the US, but because they did not qualify for the Champions League directly, they could only go on a minitour of Asia.

Madrid's president think that the Asian market is already settled. They are the leader in apparel sales & people love the players. Now it's time to take on the American market.

I can't show you any articles, but Madrid's president said in an interview on Real Madrid TV that it's his goal to take his team to North America next year. In the same interview, he was asked about Real Salt Lake and he said that it was quite an honor for the team to be named after Real Madrid & he hoped to have some kind of accord with Real Salt Lake.

Also, Real Madrid always goes on its tours with its big stars, so if you've seen any of their Asian tour games, you'll see that they play their big players so they create more publicity.

So that you can see that the news has arrived to Spain, here's a link to a Spanish sports magazine:

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,545109,00.html

Here's the link to Real Madrid TV, so you can see their expansion campaign for 2005 in the rest of Europe, Asia and we hope America.

As for Mahou, it's OK, but have you ever tried Alhambra?

Greetings and good luck for your first year. I can assure you that you have fans in Spain, almost all fans of Real Madrid.

6. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Ultra_Sur, it would be too good to be true! Awesome news if it happens!

Time to open a can of "shut the hell up" with the naysayers... VIVA ReAL!

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent news Ultra_sur.
    So now it seems that RSL wants a connection to RM and so does RM to RSL.

Nice! :)

8. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Un saludo, y mucha suerte para vuestro primer año. Os puedo asegurar que vais a tener muchos fans en España, casi tantos como aficionados del Real MAdrid[/QUOTE]
    Gracias por las noticias. Cuando quieras y puedas, favor de seguir proveyéndonos información desde España. Siéntete libre de escribir en español.

Mil gracias! Un abrazo desde acá.

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One guy convinces you that using someone else's name that has a totally different meaning in a different language isn't stupid? I think you need a can of ReALITY. :)

10. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Hehe... the Kool-Aid tastes good. You want some?

Plus, if the one guy is the President of Real Madrid then it makes a difference - the only one better is either the King or Prince of Spain. ;)

Besides, I've been liking the name more and more I've heard it. I didn't at all when I first heard it proposed, but once I saw the logos/kit AND I REALIZED this is my team... the name starting growing on me.

Trust me, after a year or two, people will get used to it will go down as a great name (especially if the relationship is developed into some player development or exhibition matches)... If the names stay the same, there will come a time when the four best names in MLS are (in no particular order):

DC United
    FC Dallas (with or without the '96)
    CD Chivas USA
    RêAL Salt Lake

Hey, if Colorado could get Inter Milan to come and do a few exhibition matches and send a couple of young starlets to develop in Colorado... I think it would be worth a name change to "Inter Colorado". :D

I really don't see what the big deal is with having some links to the monster clubs of the world - it's kind of fun. When we're good enough to beat them, we can start worrying about identity issues...

11. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many people you have talked to in SLC, who have heard of the new professional team, have mispronounced the name in your conversation?

Yeah, we'll get right on that.

It's not the link I have a problem with, it's that the name doesn't make sense in English.

12. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    Hey, if it works to get RM to Salt Lake, then all of MLS will be changing their names, "KC Arsenal", "Inter New England", "Ajax New York", "Bayern San Jose". Heck call the league the Barkleys MLS, too. :p

Seriously, though. It makes some sense to have some big clubs touring with MLS next Summer. The deal with Nike referenced that, since they are also sponsors of some big European clubs. Is Nike a Real Madrid sponsor?

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't mind Bonji, asothed, he is just a frustrated Rapids fan, praying hard for his team to do well in the Cathedral of MLS next weekend.
    :p

14. ilvfutbol

ilvfutbol New Member

Mar 12, 2004
    ADIDAS=REAL MADRID and MLS=ADIDAS. What a perfect match.

15. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
    Real Salt Lake = ADIDAS ;)

16. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    None, actually. Including an 80 year old geezer, grandparent of inlaws, who when he saw my pin at a family function this weekend talked at length about it.

Honestly, the response has been better than I expected. The FO called me to get my "man-on-the-street" response. I had to confess that my worst fears were not confirmed.

We have adopted the team and its name.

Just think, when we change our team colors you'll have even more crap to give us :rolleyes:

17. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El nuevo equipo de la MLS se llamará Real Salt Lake City en honor del Madrid

here is a great promotional idea for SL , use it guys, abuse it, take advantage of it, if you can associate SL Real with the Madrid team will be awsome.

18. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I supose that is a pleasant surprise.

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    That reminds me, I've got a lake near Vegas I'd like to sell....
    :rolleyes:

20. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You own all that salty water? What about the buffalo heard in the middle on that island? I bet Ted Turner will buy them.

21. François

François New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Their was a story in Marca about Real Salt Lake. I read that last month while on vacation in Spain.

22. Ultra_Sur

Ultra_Sur New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Spain
  23. Arelius

Arelius Member

Mar 23, 2004