Real Madrid TV

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by ChicagoTom, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Hello, I am a Fulham supporter and tomorrow's friendly against Real Madrid is being shown on Real Madrid TV. Is this available on the Internet only or does this channel exist via Setanta Sports Channel or another channel?

In essence, how can I watch tomorrow's match? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I am hoping you guys stick it to Barca this season!

2. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Real Madrid Tv, has shown both previous games. the free one.
    english language one..
    so.. thats all i can say man, sorry if it wasnt helpfull..

3. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChicagoTom, I don't believe RealMadrid TV is available on any U.S. cable or satellite provider as of yet. However I am still hearing that Verizon's FiOS TV system (phone and internet too) is in constant talks with Real Madrid to land the channel. One would think that with Real touring the U.S. in both Salt Lake and in Seattle (plus tickets selling fast in both matches) that Madrid sees a market where they could really tap into for additional revenue. Again Florentino Perez was a true visionary in this regard, where he not only saw Real Madrid as the top football club in the world, but wanted to turn them into the number one football brand in the world. Perez's marketing guy, Jose Angel Sanchez (previously worked for SEGA) is the key pointman with the new regime at Real. Sanchez is a marketing genius and sees the club as the next McDonalds or Starbucks. I'm sure President Calderon will take full advantage of Sanchez's ideas and will want to take the Real Madrid brand to the States, which will include striking deals for RMTV with every major cable (Comcast, Cablevision Time Warner, RCN, Cox, Charter) and satellite (DirecTV and Dishnetwork) provider in the U.S. Then perhaps we'll see in the future possible cafes/shops, theme parks, magazine to make the Real Madrid brand as popular as the Dallas Cowboys or the New York Yankees are here.

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    MLSInHd....come on man. Surely you realize the Yankees and Cowboys are popular because the sport they play is popular as well. No one gives a damn aboout "soccer" in this country at levels anywhere near the levels of football and baseball. And because of that, there is no way that RM will ever be that popular here. Period. End of story. Not going to happen

Plus I don't want to see Real Madrid compared with f**kin Starbucks and McDonalds. We aren't some franchise food joint...this is a football team!

5. coouca

coouca New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    UK, US, HK
    Can anyone point to me the link for subscription of Real Madrid TV in the official website? I search for the whole website and couldn't find the damn link to sign up for the friggin "exclusive zone", even I'm prepared to pay for it! It really drives me nuts! :mad:

6. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    MLSinHD,

I think the guy just wants to watch the match, not a thesis on Real Madrid marketing. Hoy shyt you crack me up!

7. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sdotsom, I respectfully disagree with you on this. As I mentioned in another thread, fans in America in general will follow teams that have stars on them. Yes the Yankees and Cowboys happen to be teams that are followed so heavily because there are a ton of football and baseball fans in the U.S., that's a given. My point is that there are also a lot of soccer fans too in this country, that don't follow the MLS because they don't feel that its as good as the European game. I made the comparison of the N.Y. Cosmos back in the early 1980's. That team was heavily followed and loved, but why? Simple, they had the best players in the world on that team, even though soccer was still trying to find a niche in America and still is to some degree today. Here is the challenge for Real Madrid if they want to capture the U.S. audience. How do you to make Americans feel that Real Madrid belongs to them? How do you make that connection to a foregin club like Real Madrid, that American fans can call them their favorite soccer team? That's the big challenge that is presented to the new regime at Real. I unlike many here buy into the Perez philosophy. Not only by making Real Madrid into the number one football club in the world, but by making them the number one football brand in the world. He was a true visionary in this respect and I'm sure the new regime is trying to continue in the same path. The only thing that will help Real Madrid achieve this goal is by winning. That I will totally agree with. Winning can cure so many mistakes of the past. Without winning, you can kiss goodbye all the other commercial/marketing opportunities that you had hoped to achieve. I believe you can try to continue building a winning franchise, but at the same time take advange of marketing and commercial opportunites too. If the club wants to take a fresh look at the American market or others, they need to find the right formula in which to do so. Real Madrid's marketing director Jose Angel Sanchez is the key in all of this. He is responsible for a lot of deals that gone done with the club, especially the Adidas kit deal. He along with Perez see the future of the game as not only just following the sport of football, but to make watching and following it fun entertainment. That is why you see the innovations they created, starting with RealMadrid TV and "Real, the Movie." Sure they are like infomercials for their club, but its publicity and exposure they're going after. Trying to win over new fans and at the same time giving their current ones something new and unique.

8. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, got a bit carried away there. Even surprised myself with that long post :D . Anyways, despite all what I just wrote, I too would like to find out when we'll be able to watch RealMadrid TV here. I don't know and perhaps someone here can get that information.

9. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Discussions are happening.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Can I watch tomorrow's match on the Internet at all?

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    If it is on Telemadrid in Spain, you may be able to find a link. If not, someone will probably posted on that maxxed place (don't use it, sorry).

12. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alma do you know which providers in particular are involved or are you not at liberty to discuss it?

13. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Don't know many specifics on the TV stuff, I just know they are looking at it.

14. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You will most likely not be able to watch it live but after the game is done there usually is a download up to watch the game.

15. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terrific, that's good to know. Any idea if they are looking at adding any new type of shows or on-air personalities to make the channel perhaps more attractive?

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Thanks everyone for your help! I appreciate your quick responses.

17. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If you have a stallite that is pointed in certain direction you can get RMTV english version...but its not legal. I am thinking of doing this if they dont break any deals with tv companies soon because I really want that channel.

18. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know know if Real Madrid has reached any tenative agreements with any of the satellite or cable providers in the U.S.? I heard Verizon and DirecTV had talks in the past but haven't heard anything new.

19. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also hope that one day RM TV will be available. I have a TV subscription where i can watch all matches from La Liga, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, Portugese, CL and others. When there are no matches i can watch Inter, Juve, and Milan TV Channels, and also MU and Chelsea TV channels.

I am so sad RM is not though. I have no idea what is the reason. Does RM offer it for free or someone has to pay to get the right to transmitt it?

20. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    I get it for free here in Kuwait, the English version.
    It's not as exciting as you would think, lots of repeated games dating as far back as the nice galactico era.
    They dont show Real Madrid games live tho, but do show Castilla games.
    News every hour on the hour, and a half hour news coverage at 7 ( Kuwait time ) .
    Best thing they have to offer is Mondays & Fridays this amazing program they have called "ExtraTime" , international journalists meet up and talk about Real Madrid games, rumours and tactics. Sid Lowe is a regular on that show, as is lot of famous journalists from french,german,spanish & english newspapers.

21. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where do you get it ? Showtime, orbit or something else ?

22. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    None actually, on the normal free-for-all reciever.. i can give you the frequency if you like, give it a try?

23. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^^Yea please =)

24. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Hotbird
    Horizontal
    3/4

25. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the business growth of the club in the U.S., this is the major missing element. It is simply much easier for fans in the U.S. to follow the English teams because so many of the games are on U.S. TV. Even the English games are not nearly as available as games from the big European leagues are in other countries though. Setting up wide TV availability of games would be the best way for RM to gain more fans in the U.S.