Real Madrid to Throw Out First Pitch @ Cubs Game Friday!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MLSinHD, Jul 14, 2005.

1. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
  3. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    I do remember Roma or Totti doing a pitch at a Phillie game or something. Some of the champions world tour teams got into, but others did not. But of course Real Madrid is in a whole other league in the PR field. Awesome. You guys in Chicago are great at sharing info. I wonder what's going on in LA. I definitely need to Tivo the Cubs game now. ;)

4. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is on ESPN nationally as well as Comcast SportsNet Chicago. Hopefully they'll show Real Madrid throwing out the first pitch. My bet's on Beckham unless of course they have a couple of players doing it.

5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I think a Roberto Carlos free kick would get the ball over the plate in a hurry. Seriously, I'd be surprised if it was someone other than Beckham. Either him or Alvaro Arbeloa.

¡Hala Madrid!

6. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Who'd want to catch that?
    I figured it would be Raul.

7. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    I heard it was Beckham and Owen doing the first pitch. Figures - cricket. :D

8. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HERE the full Schedule

Real Madrid vs. Chivas event schedule in Chicago
    Chicago Fire Media Relations

Thursday, July 14
    4:40 p.m. -- Real Madrid arrival at Chicago O'Hare Terminal #5 (Iberia flight #6279 from Madrid)
    6:30 p.m. -- Real Madrid Press Conference @ W Hotel, 644 N. Lake Shore Drive
    Friday, July 15
    12:45 p.m. -- Real Madrid/First Pitch at Wrigley Field for Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Game
    2:15 p.m. -- Real Madrid Visit to City Hall; Meeting with Mayor Richard M. Daley
    5:55 p.m. -- CD Guadalajara flight arrival (Mexicana #818 from Guadalajara) at Chicago O'Hare
    6:00-7:15 p.m. -- Real Madrid practice @ Soldier Field followed by press conference
    9:00 p.m. -- Real Madrid reception at Sal e Carvao (media invited for red carpet mixed zone)

Saturday, July 16
    5:30 p.m. -- Real Madrid vs. Chivas Guadalajara @ Soldier Field

All times local.

9. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool with it just as long as they're not the ones singing Take Me Out To The Ballgame during the seventh inning stretch. ;)

10. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    man this is **********in awesome, only madrid would be able to pull of a media spectacle like this...my cubbies and real madrid, hell yeah

11. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    I shudder to think. Floppy hats all around! :D

12. Perchik

Perchik New Member

May 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Anyone plans to meet them at the airport today?

13. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be there

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    For all you autograph seekers...

Best thing to do to get pictures and autographs as at the hotel (at least that's were most people have success). This goes without saying, but don't be surprised if the only way you can hang out in the lobby is if you get a room at the hotel. I have no idea what security will be like (team security or hotel security), but I'm telling you, it works and the players usually don't mind. Also, if you've seen tour footage in the past, you will have noticed that the club give the players time to walk around town and do some shopping. Don't be surprised if these guys are catching cabs right in front of the hotel.

Good luck.

¡Hala Madrid!

"man this is **********in awesome, only madrid would be able to pull of a media spectacle like this..."

Damn Right! Somo los más grandes.

En España... Real
    En Europa... Real
    En El Mundo... Real
    Para Siempre Real Madrid

15. deVil_X

deVil_X Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Does anyone know the name of the hotel they're staying in?

16. raulblanco

raulblanco New Member

Jun 11, 2005
    when this game will be played in europe times? CET

Any tv channel will broadcast?

Thanks

17. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6:30 p.m. -- Real Madrid Press Conference @ >>>>>>W Hotel<<<<<<, 644 N. Lake Shore Drive

18. GregK

GregK New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Chicago
    anyone hear any figures on the attendance for the game. i know this is out of topic but i figured asking since this is a fresh thread.

19. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Check out the World Tour section of their official website - too much! :D

20. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    alma thanks for the autograph tips, i am a college student coming up early early saturday morn, so i will be at the W Hotel (thanks arefmusa) trying to get sigs until the game starts...wow i hope this works........on another note, I think its high time real starts a supporters club here in the states (if there isn't one i don't know about). There are thousands of fans who would love that...HALA MADRID

21. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    The hotel thing usually works. Hopefully you wont have a big crowd outside, that'll make the security nervous.

There is one fan club that I know of in Miami. We had one in NJ a while back, but too many people moved. A fan club is a good idea.

Hala Madrid

22. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Hey is it worth it to be an exclusive zone, carnet card carrier or RM member if your Spanish is lousy and you are in the US? :confused:

23. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! I wouldn't go that far. I don't think it's that big of a deal, considering the other people that have thrown out the first pitch. It's basically whatever "celebrity" is in town that day. It would be different if it was a big game I guess.

Still, it's cool to hear. This is sure to get a mention on the news, though probably a small one. Anything is better than nothing though. Hopefully Mia Hamm will be there to explain that these players are actually big stars outside of the US. :D

24. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually had the same questions Hala Madrid has. Is it worth subscribing to the Exclusive Zone or getting the Real Madrid Fan Card if your only language is English?

25. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I think by media spectacle he was referring to the whole thing, not just the first pitch. By the way, El Mundo is saying Raúl will throw out the first pitch. I wonder how many Cubs fans will know who he is.

I was pleasantly surprised by the reception in Chicago. Realmadrid.com has some pictures and it looks like a couple hundred people were at the airport waiting for them.

As for the Carnet Madridista, I would wait until more stuff is available in English. The good news is that the club is saying that will happen soon.

¡Hala Madrid!