Real Madrid ruining Robinho

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ronaldooooo!, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Says me. When you watch Robinho play you're looking at a legend in the making. I can never say that about Cassano, never and I like him.

2. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Fair enough. I can see this.

But this I don't really agree with. Ronaldo had a series of injuries that threatened his career, pretty much after the 98 cup. He played for Milan in 99 but that was when the injuries to his knees started. I can definitely understand him wanting to move on... it wasn't the best of times for him there. Along with his 'up and down' emotional states (lost baby, failed relationships, etc.) the change did him good. In fact, when he went to Madrid, his Spanish team ended up winning the Spanish league title, I believe.

Baptista did make a poor move. But it's easy to look at hindsight and say it. ALso with Madrid, sometimes he was in midfield... he never really had any consistency in his natural position. Also, he had some injuries, I believe.

Michael Owen was screwed. He was easily one of Madrid's top strikers... he produced when he was there, but the politics which seem to rule the club were hell-bent, as always, on keeping Raul in the lineup. Also... Michael Owen was still on the club when the likes of Julio Baptista and Robinho signed on for Madrid. They had a logjam of strikers, and I fully would blame the players for taking the risks that they did if they didn't get the time they wanted. Of course, this supports your argument.

Then again, with Michael Owen, who knows? He went back to England and wound up missing most of the season due to injury... came back at the tail end of the season, only to me shelved for this season due to an injury in the World Cup. Hindsight's always 20-20.

I can agree with this. But I still don't have much sympathy for Robinho in Madrid, etc. This is why these players get paid loads of money. One of the most important things the players have to decide is who their agent will be... they have to believe that whoever it is will realize that what's good for the player (more success, best situation) is ultimately better for me (more fees, more money, more trust, more clients). They have to be aware that clubs are 'selling' themselves to the players to lure them there but ultimately what's best for the club is what will take precedent over most individual players (except, of course, it's Raul... I swear the guy must have pictures of Madrid's president wearing lingerie or something). Robinho should've known there'd be competition there... he should've seen the revolving door of managers that were in and out of there... he should've seen the players that were signed and let go, etc... and if he didn't see it, his agent should've seen it. Otherwise, Madrid have one hell of a reserve on their team.

3. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    man he shouldnt only start. he should be the man! he looked like a com bination of zidane and dinho out there today! just pure magic! just magical! seeing how great the kid is and the bias he got from CAP and gets from capello now just bring tears to my eyes! this kid is a unique talent like we have never seen before. he can take control of a team just like he did today! oh my!
    just praying that he gets that chance this year with madrid or somewhere else!

maybe pele will be proven right for the first time by his statement that robinho has the talent to be even bigger than him.. hahahahahahahahah .. i doubt it but hey i am for it tho!

4. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    says me too and most members of the brasilian board well except maybe for Celito:D !! you got a problem with that buddy you are in the wrong board;)

5. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

hahahahahahhah:D the raul comment is just too funny mate!
    but actually i dont think what they have in madrid is competition!its more like preference for certain types of players for whatever reason it might be!
    if there was a real competition in madrid, robinho will beat raul, cassano and beckham hands down! but you point was well understood though!

6. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    It's just the way the statement was made.

There is a difference between saying Robinho > Cassano which is fine....and Cassano is absolutely not even close in terms of talent and skill to Robinho....that's all.

7. sibuor

sibuor New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i agree

8. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    of coz cassano is very skillfull, man! whoever says he has no skills knows nothing about soccer! i just think that robinho is a tad better than cassano! thats all. i personally think that cassano is a hell of a talent!

9. sibuor

sibuor New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    I've said this before and i'll say it again, Robinho is not your average player.You dont have to look hard to see that he is well above average.Cassano is an average great player but Robinho is one of a kind.A very rare type of player that only comes around once in every decade.For some it will take the media sensation to confirm this while those who know exceptional talent already know this.

10. Robinho#1

Robinho#1 New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Canada
    I was reading a fantasic article about Robinho and how he plays differently for RM and Brazil. And basically the article concluded that Robinho @ Brazil is given the opportunity to roam around the field freely as oppose to RM where is given a specific position and duty w/ Capello. It also talked about his confidence @ RM which is low and Brazil high because he smiles more, takes more chances, plays etc... similar to his Santos days. At the end it pretty much suggests that if Robinho isnt played regularily that most likely he will want to leave the club.

Heres the article in spanish - http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/R.../paso/Madrid/dasftb/20060905dasdaiftb_19/Tes/

And heres a second (spanish) - one stating that Capello is wrong for not playing Robinho and how he is more promising and exciting than Casseno and how Robinho when unhappy provides RM with 50% off his effort.

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Capello/equivoca/Robinho/Tostao/dasftb/20060905dasdaiftb_20/Tes/

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Funny ... exactly the opposite as Ronaldinho. He is free to roam at Barcelona but is more fixed for Brazil.

12. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    sibour i agree with you 1000% about robinho! i have been saying same thing about him even when others doubted him! i remember when pele said robinho has more skills to be better than him,O rei, people laughed and said ... "oh no thats pele shooting his mouth again" but i agreed with pele. i even said that robinho just might be the best player since O'rei and i was laughed at! he is one of a kind and his mistreatment by both CAP and madrid have stunted his development! see what happens when a coach has confidence and trust in him like dunga does and you see that specialness that i havent seen in any modern player today yes including Zidane, dinho,ronaldo,rivaldo and so on!
    after saying that , i also realise that cassano is a great talent too but not in robinhos level! thats all brother sibour alright!:cool:

13. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    i agree totallY. with the selecao. he is with his brothers, his family and he is free. he has the confidence of this coach DUNGA unlike CAP! i want him out of madrid anyways! i think capello is anti-brasilian and he will mess my little brother, robinhos mind! capello is a defensive kinda coach and lack any offensive expertise or imagination and cannot understand a new-age player like robinho. capello is very old school and not good for binho because he will restrict his game!

but iam so happy seeing robinho play the way he has been! he will dominate world soccer in the next 7 years mark my words! he is one of a kind ! peace brothers

14. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    good point celito!!

15. Robinho#1

Robinho#1 New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Canada
    Iagree I cant wait for him to leave that crap club RM. Hopefully he goes to a smaller club in Spain or Italy or even Arsenal (Wegner is his greatest admirer and he has mad numerous inquiries about him. But honestly the EPL imo is not for him).

16. jaros32

jaros32 New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    South Africa
    i have seen ronaldinho play in different positions for brazil but he has never been anywhere near the ronaldinho of barcelona.

17. WilliamFAlmeida

WilliamFAlmeida New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Ronaldinho for Brasil is just downright annoying! What the heck does he do when he checks in with the team?