Real Madrid ruining Robinho

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ronaldooooo!, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    This is Capello we're talking about......a manager who had a hard-on for Jonathan Zebina!

2. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    everytime i read about the mistreatment robson gets at real madrid, i get angry... even angrier... and i despise that old fool capello! if it was in the old days i will demand capellos head on a platter!immagine this: capello is saying that...... there is no space for robinho, one of the 3 most exciting young players around today[messi and cris ronaldo being the other 2...... rooney is way overated the guy never scores any goals nor assist anyone:eek: ]and a guy who is the ultimate offensive spark IMO, on the madrid offence? give me a break! what a bunch of crock! guy is just too biased! he is biasedly prefering his countryman cassano over a more talented brasilian robinho. i should have known this will happen prior to him comming to madrid because of a derogatory statement he made about Dinho's balling skills, how he got no respect for that kind of balling"beatiful game" .. ..brasilian style! i think he is prejudice and geee look at the dreadful offensive performance his side showed against villareal huh and despite that god-awful performance by his offence, he still kept robson on the bench when he could have made a difference! with reyes comming i think he will be prefered to robinho meaning that my little bro.. just might be a bench player for a while!

what is soo important about real madrid that... kiid dont wanna ask to be sold huh? i think the madridistas are sooo biased its not even funny!
    i just remembered that the same treatment robinho is getting from madrid was the same treatment Eto'o got from madrid! Eto'o like messi [to barcelona] came to madrid at 15yrs of age. he went thru the madrid development system! he was the most promising young player otta the system but madrid never gave him the chance due to politics and he was loaned to mallorca where he did great and was one of la liga best strikers.when that deal ended Barca came calling and madrid wanted to get Eto'o back but Eto'o opted for barca because he knew if he goes back to madrid despite the big name of madrid, he was done as a player. look at eto'o now huh! he is arguable the best pure striker in the world coz he went to a team that appreciated his talent,willing to give him a chance and never restricted what he does on the field even if madrid at that time was a bigger name than barca. the morale here is, one should think of his career as a player first, what is good for him or her, finding the best situation to flourish in and not the name of the shirt or the prestige that he or she plays for a great institution like madrid at the expense of stunting the growth of their skills only just for the idea of playing for "the best club in the world or a club with a rich history or tradition" bulshite![all hype because no matter how big madrid is , its a trainwreck and will destroy most careers no matter how promising the career seems to be because in politics its not who is the best its who is prefered].its okay to go to a club without much history and help make them great and make history and getting accolades in the process!pele played with santos in brasil and never with a european side and his lonestar shon enuff to take santos to greater heights the whole world over and in the process beating up all those great european teams like madrid, benfica, milan, inter milan etc. robson needs to do that! he is a lone star just like pele!he is a very bright star destined to shine alone and not among others.he was meant to be the brightest star among stars and help the other not-too-bright-stars to the promise land just like pele with santos or dinho with barca etc he kinda of like the saviour type ya know!!so its my belief that what is happening now was meant to be so that he can go someplace else and shine alone and do greater things because he was given this talent by God to do greater things and never to be a member of the pack which is what is like to be in madrid these days. all the true great ones did it! pele, maradona, ronaldinho recently with PSG same thing happened and at same time madrid rejected him only for him to be at barca and as they say.... the rest is history ! its fate guys! its fate!!!! peace!

3. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Emotions can do this to you. Robinho to London N.19 in January.

4. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    okay let me put it in a more respectable way! rooney dont score enuff or make enuff plays to be knighted the way he already has been by the british press! dayumm remember before the world cup how "without rooney england would not do anything",..... well i think he was the most disappointed player in the world cup! he did nothing, nada, rien. niente. hows that!

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OK, I have a problem with this Elado. I am not a Rooney fan. I think he is an ahole, but he does show heart and dedication. He does score goals AND assists. Last season he scored 16 goals and had 9 assists. That's not bad at all. This year he started with 2 goals and 1 assist in the first game in a team that has plenty of other ball handlers like C.Ronaldo and Giggs. I play fantasy EPL football so I know what the guy does. He is a very solid player.

And all this bashing of Capello. I don't get it guys. His job is to improve RM as a team the best he knows how. And if that is by playing more defensive formation and having certain types of players on the field, than that's his decision. He is a successfull professional after all. He obviously has his own experiences from his past jobs and is going to be comfortable with certain style of play. And if Robinho is not on his plans, then Robinho just needs to make a move that benefits him. Life is full of tough choices.

And BTW, many Italians could say the same thing about Cassano last year at RM. That he was being wasted. Let's not forget that he is a pretty good player and it's only fair that he is getting a chance to prove himeself.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1 - He was coming back from injury.
    2 - He was mis-utilized on the team ... much like Ronaldinho.
    3 - The team, much like Brazil, did not mesh well, and the coach was an idiot.

Doesn't mean he is not a solid player.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Firstly, nobody wants a player like Denilson that is incredibly talented but can't really play with the team. There needs to be a balance of individual skills and team-work.

Secondly, when a player gets older, abilities that are based solely on speed and quickness won't carry him anymore. So you need develop other team related skills as a player to be successfull later in your career.

8. Sparks2005

Sparks2005 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Ok, but you ignored my point. There's no problem about the player wanting to move, that's totally fine, especially in Brazil. The problem with Robinho and other similar cases is the public rift. People almost unanimously criticized his attitude at the time, I remember it well. Not the fact he wanted to move - rather the way he conducted things - leaking everything to the press, not turning up to train, etc.

9. Sparks2005

Sparks2005 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Like I mentioned before in the thread, I'm not talking about the old romantic days of football, when players stayed in the same club for their whole career. Nowadays it's totally acceptable if a player wants to change clubs every season. The actual problem is the public rift and the way he and others handled things.

Agreed, I never denied that. Deciding on whether it's better to play first team football in a less glamorous place, or to warm the bench and be somewhat unsuccessful in some elite club, it's a personal option. Since it's a personal option, no complaints should be made later. Robinho and all others that went to Madrid knew what they were getting into.

I disagree. There are strong indications he will be a bench warmer. Raul only needs to have an average game to be untouchable, and Cassano is a biased preference of Capello, not to mention he does in fact play well. The system may not work, but that doesn't mean the dribbling of Robinho will be the automatic solution.

As for last season, he did start several games, but he was only a natural "starter" when Luxemburgo was trying out Robinho, Raul and Ronaldo simultaneously - and Madrid were losing. Once Luxemburgo was gone, Robinho was relegated to the reserves, but still got some starts thanks to Ronaldo and Raul picking up injuries. I agree he played well towards the end of the season, but he was not a first team option if everyone was fit, save in Luxemburgo's experimental tactics.

I think Robinho is a very good and talented player. I'm just not one of his fans, particularly because of the way he dealt his exit from Santos. Also, I do think he doesn't fit the style of European football, and I already explained why.

About him and Denilson, they are both known for their dribbling styles, for holding the ball, and both were involved in big transactions only not to quite live up to expectations later, but the comparison ends there. I know they are very different in many other ways. Also, Denilson is finished, while Robinho still has many years ahead to prove himself.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right. But we don't know if Santos management was being unreasonable with Robinho. Us fans never end up knowing the full story. We may not like how Robinho handled the situation, but maybe it was his only option.

11. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Robinho and Cicinho need to do what Baptista did and move on, if Capello said that he has no plans for those two players then they need to sell the players for as much as they can get or (unlikily this will happen) mutually terminate there contracts and allow them to move on

12. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    I wanna make another point about players moving to elite clubs. Let's not talk about obscure places like Japan, Greece, etc.. The prime example I like to use for this is one by the name of Jean Pierre Papin. He moved from Marseille to Milan. Milan, at the time, was the biggest thing in football (both club football and NT) but Marseille was pretty much their most legitimate rival in Europe. Although JPP was king in France, he decided he wanted to play with such stars as Van Basten, Guliit, etc... Ironically, Marseille defeats Milan in CL final the following year as Papin watched FROM THE BENCH. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. I do not care for his reasons. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

More recently, Ronaldo moves from Inter to Real. That move was probably more complicated. Again, he was king in Milan, the club & fans had been loyal to him. He had a chance to give them their 1st major title in years, but he instead chose to move to a club already full of galacticos and up to their teeth in titles. IMO, he tarnished his legacy with that move. Success in Inter (which was entirely possible) would've meant more than success at Madrid. Again, ironically, success has been hard to come by in Madrid.

Baptista. He was one of the best strikers in La liga for a couple of years. He was the beast. The man in Sevilla. Sevilla is a top 5 team and capable of improving to make a run at the title. Why not dig in, and say I'm gonna help this team shock the world and beat Madrid and Barca to the title. Now Baptista was perhaps promised that he could earn a spot in Madrid, but how realistic was that? Well again, no success in madrid, Sevilla wins the UEFA cup, wins the UEFA super cup, and poised to challenge for the primera liga this year. Baptista saw limited playing time, lost his spot on Brazil's NT, and is now shipped off to England.

There are plenty other examples. Michael Owen to Madrid. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

Now in the case of SA players like Robinho moving to Europe, I guess I can understand. However, they have to be smart about it. Choose the right team where not only your style will fit in but you'll get a great chance to shine. Teams like Sevilla, Villareal, Bordeaux, Roma, PSV, even Lyon, would be great teams to look at IMO. Good teams in good leagues where you have a very good chance to play and maybe LEAD them to success locally and Europe. Success for those teams are measured on a different scale and the pressure is much lower. That would do wonders for a man's career.

Guys, just have to be smart man. You have to be very careful when you move from one club to another. Very careful.

13. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    I agree. Last year it was Cassano and right now it's Robinho. Beckham or Raul should be on the bench not Cassano.

14. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    to bad for Robinho listening to Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos as you know those guys filled his head with Real Madrid propaganda

15. Robinho#1

Robinho#1 New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Canada
    I dont think that the club is the one that is ruining him but the Capello. I knew from the moment that they announced that he was taking over as manager that Robinho would be in trouble. He does not like his style of play and when he was at Juventus he told Zlant(spelling :confused: ) to stop his playing the way he did.

Real Madrid will not let him go PERIOD. When AC Milan wanted him they rejected but if Robinho wanted to be on thestarting XI so bad he could of told Madrid to loan him out to the club just like the whole Reyes and Baptista. I personally love Robinho and how he plays and I can not stand how he only played 20 mins or else at the World Cup and now @ Madrid. Like someone pointed out the same thing happened to Cassano.

16. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Ronaldo went to Eidenhoven, the Dutch have a proven record for developing good players for the big leagues, and they did a good job with him. Robinho could have used some of thet too

17. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Real Madrid is a currupt jersey-selling mafia, they belong in the Serie A:p . I don't think Messi, Eto'o, Deco or even Ronaldinho would have achieved anything there.

Pele didn't go to Europe because the Brazil government wouldn't let him, but the good ole days when you could stay in your own league, resist big money from the European oligarchs and still be nominated for the best player in the world are long gone. Since the late eighties they've pretty much controlled world soccer(at least at club level) by signing its best players and claiming they are ruining the domestic game because "talented" Europeans are passed over, and then crying every time they are called up for national duty. Flamengo in 1981 was one of the best club sides ever, more than half of Brazil's 1982 squad played for them when they won the world club cup.

18. Mibu Clan

Mibu Clan New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Bogota
    It wouyldnt matter if Pele had gone to Europe, because in those moments Brazilian soccer was Elite and kept its great players, and Europe wasnt the Economic force Futebol wise it is nowdays...

BTW, Robinho just proved (Again) why he needs a starting place in the starting XI in both Real and Brazil...

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sure ... that may be true, but that's not the point. Then it should have been just said that he went to the wrong club. Which in reality, is impossible to know. Maybe RM with the players they got with Robinho that year would have been able to turn things around. Who knows ?

Still, at 19/20 years of age Ronaldo was already at Barcelona.

20. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Don't worry we will try to lure him pretty soon for his own sake :D

We've just hired Sonny Anderson as our new striker special coach and Lyon is a cheerfull Brazilian colony now… You can eat well, no pizzas allowed, and we've got some of Europe best surgeons for knees, ankle etc…

Look at Cris, he had some discipline issues back in Brazil now he is so kind that his nick name is "Le Gendarme" (The Policeman)…

If you're a young, talented brazillian come here, you'll feel at home…

Fred is improving on an every day basis, we all hope he'll be the next "big" player of the auriverde

21. Sparks2005

Sparks2005 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    True, but then we would be entering the world of “ifs” and “maybes”, and it’s impossible to argue objectively this way.

I think we should always analyze things the way they are presented to us. If more information surfaces later, we can then look again at our previous opinions.

As far as I’m concerned, there was no need to do what he did. Real Madrid wanted to take him on the cheap, and had made an offer of £8 million, when they accepted paying 27 million euros for Sergio Ramos and 25 million euros for Walter Samuel. Robinho could at least have avoided the public quarrels, which obviously made his transfer value substantially lower. Note Santos never said they would not sell him under any circunstances – all they wanted was Real Madrid to respect contract clauses by paying his effective value at the time, £25 million. In the end, thanks in part to Robinho’s attitude, Madrid still took him on the cheap by “forcing” Santos into a £15 million deal.

22. Sparks2005

Sparks2005 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Robinho can go to other places if he wants more playing time, but he prefers the glamour and cash of Madrid.

He doesn't deserve your stress over the situation. ;)

23. sibuor

sibuor New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Capello is ruining robinho.this is so unfortunate because he is such a special player.He more than proved that today in the game against argentina.The assist for ther first goal was pure brilliance,a football masterpiece-with just a turn he fooled the entire argentine defence to one side and threaded a through ball the other way for elano.overall he had an excellent game.
    cassano is no where near robinho's class. not cassano not vvan nistelroy not raul.Capello would rather have his best talent on the bench and for that reason Real madrid will not win anything even this year.Capello is an idiot who only flourished in italy because his team bribed the refs to influence the outcome of the match.

24. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Says who?

25. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Anyone who watches both play. Cassano is a very good player, has a great touch and pulls some nifty moves/passes every now and then but just watching Robinho today he just seems to have the ability to make something out of nothing, he just has the capable to win a game and its a shame he isn't given a chance or isn't being used properly at RM.