Real Madrid ruining Robinho

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ronaldooooo!, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    It's pretty sad but true. This is not the same Robinho who plays for Brazil and Santos. Wish he went to Barcelona. Last game, he didn't look happy at all, something was wrong.

has this got you guys worried?

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure, I would like to see what happens during the season. I heard Milan showed some interest in Robinho, but what is new these days?

Also, you should have posted this in the Robinho thread :)

3. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    robinho should leave real madrid man! they will ruin his future great career if he stays there! gawd last year when he finally adapted and was palying the best ball of all the real madrid players, he ended up being benched by then coach lopez caro and he played sparingly all season long becaus of the politics in madrid and now they have this italian guy cappello who for some reason prefers cassano over binho and is looking for every reason to play cassano. its a darn shame man! i hope milan buys both robinho and ronaldo from those idiots at real madrid!

i really believe that both ronaldo and robinho will flourish away from real madrid!!

4. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Robinho made a bad choice. Should never had went to Real in the first place. Barcelona and Arsenal would've been by far better place for him. Remeber how much hate he received from the Madrid fans in his first year? Wow, I couldn't believe it myself. These guys don't know anything about great talent. Robinho has maaaad potentials but we'll never get to see a lick of it if he remains at Real.

He looks unhappy these days, and i'm glad cuz that would mean hes fed up with how things are run there.

5. Sparks2005

Sparks2005 New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Not Arsenal, where he would end up being a bench warmer too. I doubt Robinho would adapt to the physical part of English football, and Arsenal’s style doesn’t suit players that hold the ball like him.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    So what? Ronaldo ruined Raul. It's the circle of life.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Neither would Milan's unfortunately.

8. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    With Lux and his fellow compatriots at Real it seemed like a good move at the time. Arsenal tried to sign him before so I don't think there would be a conflict of styles, he can play across the pitch is quick, skillful and can score - Arsenal type qualities and definately good for thier brand but he'd still have to establish himself there becos they've a lot of attacking options. Lack of regular ptich time is arresting his progress and confidence. Deep down I don't think he's a Capello type player.

9. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Arsenal would of been perfect because he would play right next to Henry and Robinho is better the Van Persie adn whatever other guy they have

10. nucgunner

nucgunner Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Van, Can.
    Because Henry never wants the ball at his feet. :rolleyes:
    You may be right about the physical thing, but great players can work around that. I think Arsenal would've been a nice fit.

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Van Persie > Robinho

You lot just need to accept that Robinho was overrated. Good player but when playing against better opposition in Europe, he has shown his true level.

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hell no. Van Persie is not better then Robinho.

13. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    as the English would say, "are you having a laugh"

14. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I gotta agree with Teso here......

Now, that doesn't mean he can't adapt in the near or distant future...let's face it, when he arrived in Europe he was knocked around a while and, the difference in styles was very evident.

As it stands, Van Persie is an overall better player...he has a nasty temper but he is more composed and more consistent and can adapt to different styles while playing in the CL.

Robinho has to work on the physical aspect of the game still. It takes time, thats all. Can't give up just like that.

15. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    composed? consistent? adapt to different styles???

honestly those are not Van Persie traits, there is a reason why he is on the bench most of the time for Arsenal

Edit:he is just like his buddy Robben aka they are glory hunters and only care about themselves not to mention Robinho is a way better dribbler then both Robben and Van Persie

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ummm.....there is no set starter up front for Arsenal except Henry, everyone rotates....thats just the way Wenger is doing it now....doesn't make Van Persie a benchwarmer....he played today by the way.

Also, I don't think we need to go into the "dribbling is everything" arguement.

17. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    no, what rotation, they arent Chelsea,Manu or Liverpool, they have barely any depth

Edit: fine we wont go into the dribbling is everything arguement but lets go into adaption if you will, Robinho is a forward which Real Madrid has been playing as a left winger, thats why he struggled in the beginning of the season but played very well near the end

also, Real Madrid for the past three seasons have been corrupt and messed up from the ground up, players that have been out of form and past it like Raul were given starts well Robinho had to stay on the bench or left wing

not to mention every player except Casisilas(sp) has been crap for real all being very inconsistent which is mostly do to the corruption in the front office

18. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Van Persie's over-rated, much like half the Arsenal squad really...

Better than Robinho? Maybe, it's a close-call.

And no Real Madrid are not ruining Robinho.

I love how it's never just the player's fault. I mean for crying out loud, he was bought because Vanderlei wanted to kiss his ass so much.

If anything Vanderlei ruined Robinho, not Real Madrid.

19. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's like one of those things...

Where you say it and other people laugh...

Oh yeah, a joke.

That's a joke right?

Now if you meant to say, "Liverpool; they have barely any depth" in a sort of 'it's what's for dinner' catch-phrase sort of thing, disregard the previous comments.

20. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    van Persie hasnt even done much. He's been more or less invisible for the Dutch national team...and he always seems to be overshadowed by other Arsenal players. Robinho at the very least, has found significant success at the club and national team level.

Van Persie has an advantage over Robinho because he has club stability. Madrid has been a mess for the past 3 years and this takes a toll on players...especially Robinho, who has taken some time to adapt to Spain. Remember, he was a small guy who has to adjust to a completely new setting. He had huge pressure when he was transferred and was given the #10 jersey. He was supposed to be THE guy to take over for Ronaldo and Raul. Van Persie didnt have any of this mounting pressure when he transferred from Feyenoord. He was never touted as the next Cruijff...Robinho has always been touted as the next Robinho and young players often can't cope with that pressure.

Robinho has looked good thus far in the preseason, and he played well in limited action in the World Cup. I expect him to improve this season...of course, this all depends on how Capello uses him,.

21. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I have to disagree with this thread. Robinho has a bright future and will force his way in the squad ( maybe he will start, who knows ). He is too good for Capello to put off just because he is a fancy player. Hopefully we will soon see both Robinho and Cassano on the field at the same time;) No need for Beckham who should and hopefully will be dropped for Robinho. I expect him to be the worlds best in 2 years time, right now the only Brazilian that really has to worry about his future is Baptista, but the season is long so he should get a good amount of games.

22. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    get otta here! you dont come to the brasilian forum with your obnoxious and lilimited opinion on our potetially future great player!
    you are biased towards brasilian players anyways and we sure dont need your opinion here alright!

23. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    what are you talking about, you make no sense at all

i said it in simple English

Arsenal are not Manu,Chelsea or Liverpool as in they dont have depth like those three teams do

and "its whats for dinner"? i am sure i didnt spell death

Edit:anyway, i know what you mean but then again i didnt know i was in English class :rolleyes:

24. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i just noticed a typo in my post. robinho was supposed to be the next Pele...not Robinho. hah.

25. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well if anyone wants an update, Robinho came in late in the game today agaisnt Villareal and really didn't do much except run and give the ball away.