Real Madrid Literature

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RuudvanNistelrooy, Mar 23, 2009.

1. RuudvanNistelrooy

RuudvanNistelrooy New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Hi there :). I'm a Real Madrid fan, but unfortunately, I don't have any books concerning our great history in my bookshelf. I've found Phil Ball's 'White Storm: 100 years of Real Madrid' on the internet now. Is this a book worth purchasing? Any other recommended books?

Film material would also be nice, but I already have the 'Real Madrid Forever' DVD.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    There is a link to a documentary here somewhere on the forum to "history of real madrid" dvd. Its pretty good. I have the DVD but not too long ago someone uploaded it and posted a link.

Book called White Angels by john carlin is ok as well. But thats all about the beckham and galactico era.

3. Steeley

Steeley New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've read White Storm, great book in my opinion.

4. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's also, a real madrid dvd but i dont know the title but it features, the players training and all that. It includes gravesen, ronaldo, zidande and carlos?

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ya i got the "la historia" dvd and it came with 2 others. One had 5-6 of the best matches of real madrid and the other had a virtual tour of the bernabeu and some team training footage at valdebebas.

P.S: I remember now it was FC who uploaded it. You can ask him nicely and maybe he'll give you the link again. :)

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PNFpayoUD8"]YouTube - Redondo - siempre sere Madridista[/ame]

Every madridista should watch this. Class.

7. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And..... This goal as well:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U07IO-WFCc"]YouTube - Van Nistelrooy 1 - 0 Valencia, Cadena Ser.[/ame]

And this goal as well:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_y2uS2xAUg"]YouTube - Barcelona- Real Madrid 0-1 goal Baptista 23.12.2007[/ame]

Only ones coming to mind right now.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the redondo video is amazing, i get goosebumps from the second part

9. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have the Phil Ball book. At first I was like holy shit this is amazing, and then I realized he is just as in love with Real Madrid as the rest of us, and the writing kind of resembles some of the senior posters' here, so it's really nothing you're not missing out on, unless you're not a Real Madrid fan and you don't know the history behind our European and domestic success with di Stefano, Butragueno, and the like.

Don't let me sour your taste though lol. If you want it I can mail it to you.

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Phil Ball's book was good, but I love Steve McManaman's autobiography better. McManaman's book was catching the beckham's transfer hype at the time of publication. So the book was almost all about his career with Real Madrid. There was another "Beckham and the Galactico" book that was good, but it overgloried the team(which I liked!). I like that one too.

11. braulio

braulio New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Louisiana
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I haven't read that Phil Ball book but I have read "Morbo" and I really enjoyed it.

12. RuudvanNistelrooy

Apr 22, 2008
    Thanks y'all. I will purchase that Phil Ball book, it isn't expensive anyway. I just find it difficult to believe that there are so little books concerning Real Madrid, since every Sports section in the libraries bulges with books describing the 'myth of FC Barcelona'. Ah, well... :)

13. Steeley

Steeley New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There aren't enough words to describe a club like ours. :)

14. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that is sig worthy!

edit: changed my sig, was getting tired of retards who cant read on this board.

15. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Found that film!!

Real Madrid The Movie 2005 , Official Film About Real Madrid Football Club.

If you guys want to know more, just send a PM.

16. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I recently read Morbo, which was very interesting.

17. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    Do you have a link?

PM me please!

18. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was an interesting movie. I watched it twice and then never thought about it again.

Just like Goal and Goal 2.

19. RuudvanNistelrooy

Apr 22, 2008
    you can download that one here:

http://www.soccers.fr/index.php?showtopic=123564&hl=film

(downloading right now :) )