Real Madrid legend. Redondo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Says it all really.

3. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    Thanks - he's one of my all-time favorites.

4. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now the folks who say Makelele was our defensive answer can finally shut up for good, having seen what we can do with Redondo, who can attack just as well.

5. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Repped.

Edit: I always had the thought that Redondo has had to eat a lot of beef in his youth, and now it's confirmed: his father had a meat factory.

6. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    Redondo was millions of light years ahead of Makelele,

7. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    Well said. But also true is that the same president got rid of both players. :eek:

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow! I had heard that he was excellent...now this confirms it.

9. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    "Pure class" is a phrase that comes to my mind about Redondo. Good article. Here's some more links (check out #2)

Signing for Milan

MVP

10. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    I had the chance (privilege) to see Redondo in person a few times at the Bernabeu. Being able to see the whole pitch (not just the televised portion) really made it clear how the whole match would flow through and around Redondo as he controlled things right in the middle of the pitch. He didn't often run for great stretches across the pitch, for that was not his game, but he was in constant measured motion, always making himself available and bringing the team into the attack. He was truly the axis and focal point of the team.

11. ilferrari

ilferrari New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    found this video:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    thanks for the vid.

AMAZING piece of footwork!!!

13. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I want to see another Real Madrid-ManU tie in the CL. They always were the best games.

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Un crack! Un genio! Too bad that he never had a real chance to shine for Argentina.

I was at the Real Madrid - AC Milan Champions League match when Redondo was given a standing ovation when being subbed out for AC Milan. It was awesome. I was with a co-worker who has season tickets at Anfield and he said he'd never seen such love for a former player.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too bad Redondo was always injured while at Milan. He would've been a great player in Italy if he'd been fit.

16. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    What a player he was, everyone remembers the turn against Man Utd, it was a shame he never got over the injury and never really played for Milan.

17. In fact he DID. US '94 World Cup he played his heart out for Argentina. I think in the group games especially against mighty SUPER EAGLES - Nigeria he overshadowed Maradona....a bit...

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, but he should have been capped a lot more often. Remember the supposed issues he had regarding the length of his hair?

19. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pure class.

20. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dang, if Spain had issues with hair length I don't know who we'd play in our NT! Man reading about WC94 is crazy, I was very young then and saw a game, Spain 3-0 Switzerland in D.C. Good times...

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    A great player, but unfortunately will always remembered as the one of worst purhcases ever by a club. Labelled as one of the top 5 players in the world at the time of the purchase, Redondo went on to play only a handful of matches with AC Milan. However, I will always remember his performance in the CL final against Valencia. Pure Class!

22. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    On the contrary NO ONE will regard this as one of the worst purchases. This is the Prince we are talking about... he refused to take a salary when injured at Milan. So what did Milan lose? Hardly a bad purchase like Veron to ManU or Mendiate to Lazio.

23. Yeah correct...problems with the dumbass Passarella!!!!!!!

24. was a ripe 30 in '94...............

25. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    haha... I was a ripe old 12