Real Madrid is searching for a new centerback to buy in January

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Nov 13, 2003.

1. juventusfan10

juventusfan10 New Member

May 20, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i think that leverkusen is set on selling to juventus... but you never know in football.

2. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Marquez can get signed by Barcelona, Bocanegra could play for Real Madrid. If you can't see his potential, you've got no eye for football. But as was stated before, it's a moot point because of the EU passport thing...unless the number of caps helps.

3. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    I don't know what one has to do with the other, but for the record, Marquez has been very disspointing and has been deserved all the benching he has experienced. Recently he has started to play better and has found minutes only because the others have been hurt. The French league is also better than the MLS.

Where did I say that he has no potential? I am not arguing his potential. I am saying if he goes to Madrid now, he would go to the B team.

What does the number of caps have to with the EU "thing"? :confused:

4. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    I saw him play the MLS Cup yesterday and I have to say, that he was terrible during that game. Not much there. Hope that it was only a bad game, but from yesterday, he would not have a place in Madrid.

5. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    madrid, barca looking at davids

from tribalfootball.com:

Barcelona, Real Madrid plan January approach for Juventus' Davids
    tribalfootball.com - November 25, 2003

Real Madrid and Barcelona are chasing Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids.
    Encouraged by reports AS Roma have been forced to cool their interest because of poor finances, both Spanish Liga giants are now preparing to speak with the Dutchman in January.

Davids is out for contract at the end of the season and is a regular visitor to Barcelona, where several of his Dutch colleagues play.

Barca vice-president Sandro Rosell discussed Davids' transfer with coach Frank Rijkaard earlier this month.

At Real Madrid, the club's technical staff see the Holland international as an ideal replacement for Claude Makelele and would love to have him team up with David Beckham in the middle of their midfield.

6. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Btw, Lucio was a disaster in Brazil's last game. In case we do buy him, I hope this match is not an indicator of what we can expect

7. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That was one of the wosrt matches I've seen Bocanegra play. He's usually much much better. If you can see the USA-Brazil Gold Cup match somehow, that would give you a better indication of how good he is.

8. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I saw that game too and yes he was really bad. Hopefully it was just a bad game. It seems that he does tend to play differently for Leverkussen.

9. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I've seen him play 3 times and Bocanegra is not up to Madrids standards. The max he could get would be a reserve squad, and im sure perez would not waste one of his precious non-Eu spots with a reserve player.

10. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL :D He would fit in nicely, imo, with the current band of Madrid standard defenders, Ruben, Minambres, and Bravo.

Seriously, if Bocanegra did sign for Real he would immediately be thier 3rd best center back. And he could push for a starting role because I'm not big Helguera and Pavon fans. Helguera is a better defensive mid then a center back, when will Real realise this? And Pavon has failed to impress ever since Florentino Perez claimed he was just as good as Nesta.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: madrid, barca looking at davids

juventus used Davids in the CL.... so he cannot play in Europe.

12. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he was.

San Jose deserves some credit for that, however.

13. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3rd or 4th. The language issue (if there really is one) might set him back.

14. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: madrid, barca looking at davids

That's OK with me. If he only gets to play in Liga matches, that still adds quality to the overall rotation.

I'd be happy to see him signed.

15. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    BTW, Real need a defender who will lead the whole defence, someone like Maldini (just example). Asking me the best signing for Real will be Samuel or Mexes. This days is very hard to get a good defender. You wont get Italian, Germans dont have any at the moment and in France is just Mexes good enough and not to old. But the problem is that Mexes is something like Van der Vaart-too expensive. And Perez wont give 33 million$ for him, he will rather sign some star, I heard much about Totti?! Good defener has the same price as good midfielder or striker and they are not stars. So it seems no smart signing next summer. (good for others)

See you on Saturday, wish you bad luck

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    ever heard about Metzelder or Wörns?

17. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Ever heard not for sale or to old (Metzelder-yes he is a boy genious-Real wanted to sign him, but their fans will tell him what was BVB response; Worns-I think he is 31 but not sure; it is a waste of money to buy such player as a big signing)
    I was talking about players that are avaible at the market

18. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
  19. gbalzac

gbalzac New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    They should bring in the germans Metzelder and Ballack. Ballack can be the defensive yet sometimes attacking mid they need and Metzelder is a stud.

20. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Metzelder would be a good signing but he is seriously injured. He hasn't played in a long time and I recently read that he won't even be back for Euro 2004.

21. gbalzac

gbalzac New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    metzelder is healthy and playing well i'm watching him on fsw right now

22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    beat me to it! true, Metz is healthy.

23. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    There are rumours that Queiroz wants Abel Xavier for January. He could came free to RM, that could be the big argument to convince Florentino to sign a CB in January.

I think that he is playing in Liverpool. Anybody knows how he is playing in the last years? I remember him about 2 or 3 years ago, and he was good. But i haven't seen him play in the last times.

24. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    didnt he signed for Everton?

25. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    I think he is with Everton. I used to watch him at Liverpool and also saw him play at Euro 2000/WC 2002. He is decent but trust me, he is NOT the ANSWER.

Was very impressed with the kid in midfield at Vaalencia by the way. Forgotten his name but he will end up as a monster ball winner.