Real Madrid has opened 4 soccer's schools in America

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Oct 14, 2003.

1. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Real Madrid has opened 4 soccer's schools in America in the last year. Javier Azkargorta, ex first division manager, is the president of the RM soccer's schools. The project has as objetive find new players and at the same time help these young players in their education.

These are the schools that RM has opened this year:

Argentina
    ----------
    The school was inaugurated by Jorge Valdano the last month. The school is placed in the poor geographic area of Matanza. The school will work with around 1,000 boys and girls.

Chile
    ------
    Companies like Audi, Adidas, Mapfre, Hotel Sheraton and Intergramédica will contribute with RM in these school in the geografic area of La Florida.

El Salvador
    ------------
    The agreement was signed this month. And Ico Aguilar, ex RM player, will be in charge of the formation of all the sport infrastructure for the school.

Mexico
    -------
    The school was inaugurated this month and has more than 900 players. The RM has petitions to open other 9 schools in Mexico, as result of big demand.

RM wants to open soccer schools in Japon, China and USA. RM will make the next preseason in USA, it will help to concrete agreements to open soccer schools in USA.

Azkargorta said "We only will open soccer schools where we are sure that we can make a good and serious work. Our objetive is expand the RM style of human, social and sport formation ..... We will try to find new stars for RM but also we have a social obligation to form people, always with the seal and the responsibility of Real Madrid"

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20031014&xref=20031014dasdai_35&type=Tes&anchor=dasftbA05

http://www.emol.com/noticias/deportes/detalle/detalle_noticia.asp?idnoticia=122926

2. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    i thought at first that they were opening schools in the usa, which would be very very good

3. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't there a rumor of RM wanting to operate an MLS team too? Real Miami.

4. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yeah, the idea was a team with players of the Real Madrid youth teams and RM stars that would play their last or two last years in the MLS. All that completed with some good american players.

I think that it was a good idea, because the MLS has best level than the spain third division - where RM B play. The players of the youth teams could play in a more competitive league. The people in USA could see some young players that like - Raul, Casillas, Guti, Pavon, Portillo, etc - before they played in the first team. And they could also see the last years of players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham, Roberto Carlos that even not being in his best moment they could still play very good.

But nothing new in the last months ......

5. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be pretty cool. At least half the team would have to be American due to restrictions on foreign players, although 6-7 starting players could be foreigners. In 2005 Ajax Orlando starts A-league (US 2nd division) play. It would be a good local derby.

6. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had heard about the Ajax team too, but I didn't know that they decided on A-Leauge. Prob. the wrong place but does anyone know what the foreign players rules are in A-League?

Edit: Found the answer to my own question:

Rosters
    USL rosters may consist of a maximum of 26 players, with 18 desginated for each game. Each team is permitted a maximum of five (5) foreign players on its active game-day roster and a maximum of seven (7) foreign players on its master roster. In the PDL and W-League, at least three players in a full 26-player roster must be under 19, in accordance with guidelines set by the USASA and USSF. In the PDL, a maximum of eight (8) players may be over the age of 23.

7. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think that one of the most important things in a possible future negociation will be the possibility to make a winner team.

Real Madrid only will have a team in MLS, if they are sure that the team will fight with garanties all the years to win the league. If they have a team in the MLS and it finisned in the last position, it will be against the image and prestige of RM. For this reason, i'm sure that they would study very seriously the foreing players restrictions, the possibility of create a youth teams structure, the salary cap, the possibility of sign good american players, .......

There are many possibilities that RM travel to USA the next summer. I'm sure that the club will speak with a big number of companies and soccer organizations in USA, and it could arise interesting ideas for the future.

8. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

oficially opened yesterday, 2500+ tried to enter, only 900 were accepted

9. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    Re: Re: Real Madrid has opened 4 soccer's schools in America

quick response from those kids!

good to hear

10. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    are these regular schools where kids also are taught how to play soccer?