Real Madrid get serious on tubby Cassano

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OK the article is from tribal football, however, it is confirmed on AS. It's not at all suprising because he is tubby. I think the most interesting part of it is that it suggests we intend on keeping Cassano. I thought we would have sold him to Juve or Inter but he is in our plans.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/may/spanishnews4240506.html

He left Roma for limited opportunities so I do suspect that if he does not get many minutes by next january then he will leave.

2. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    We already have one overweight striker, he might get even fatter since he's not part of the WC squad. I guess that does mean Real Madrid are keeping him. His agent already said a few weeks back that Cassano had no ontention of leaving.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    not really, we just have one... Cassano. Remember when WC comes by Ronaldo gets back in to shape, loses weight and starts to try again.. :rolleyes:

4. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    ... then after that. who knows.

I get this vibe from ronaldo that he only give 100% on the pitch when he feels like it. Its not that he has to do it, its if he wants to do it.

again, that's just me.

anyway, we were discussing Cassano's umm.. not being thin. Continue :p

5. kamatya

kamatya New Member

May 10, 2006
    he is an excellent talent...i really want him to succeed with real madrid,remember his last match in euro 2004,he was just awesome,i believe he is better than totti..he should replace raul no doubt...so happy to learn real r not planning to sell him..coz he is just as talented as robinho or baptista..i believe if he keeps his head on his shoulders..he ll go very very far,mark my words

6. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    Done.

7. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cassano's future doesn't depend on him.
    If the coach doesn't have the balls to give him playtime ahead of Ronaldo or Raul, he will never show his talent.

8. kamatya

kamatya New Member

May 10, 2006
    he cant play in the same team with raul,its either one or the other...the new coach has to decide whom they would sell,i just read schuster has urged raul to leave the club..which is great!!

9. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    link please...

as far as Raul it will all come down to this world cup, if he doesn't shine (chances are he wont , might not even play) he will be either a sub or sold.
    you can *mark* this fools!

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    kamatya speaks the truth. Schuster was interviewed a couple of days ago and he said that the best thing for Raúl would be a change od scenary. He also said he would definitely coach Real Madrid if he was asked and the he thinks two players could fill the void left by Zidane: Kaká and Messi. I think he also said that none of that candidates had officially contacted him, so don't read too much into the interview. I saw the interview in AS, but I think it may have be done by EFE - not 100% sure.

11. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    one half of a season is nto enough to judge a player and decided to sell him again. lets see how determined cassano really is during the summer.

12. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Between sitting on his ass watching the World Cup, drinking Slim Fast, and chilling in the Real Madrid clubhouse, I don't think he has much of a summer to look forward to.

13. kakaboypuf redded

Feb 1, 2006
    Rotterdam
    New RM policy: Fattico's

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    bad joke...

go back to barca's forum, they miss you there....:rolleyes:

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OR u can always read "Jokes For Dummies"

16. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    I read that article at as.com today, too. All in all, it's a sensible diet for a player: fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, chicken, water, no sweets or carbonated beverages or beer! If he can be disciplined and stick to the diet, it should be good not only for the team, but for Cassano's health in the long run.
    I'd like to see him back next year, in his best form competing for a position.

17. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    As a long time Roma fan I've had the pleasure of seeing Cassano at his best. When inspired and disciplined the guy is a world class talent. The thing is that his level of discipline and inspiration depends heavily on his mood. The kid is a bad case of emotional imbalance. I think that this last year, between the falling out with Roma, being restricted to the bench at Real, and missing out on the World Cup, he has had A LOT to think about. This may very well be the wake up call that he needed. He has all the necessary tools to be an awesome player for Real and for Italy, but it's up to him to reach that potential. Take my word for it though, if he does end up getting his act together and showing his true talents then Real will have a real gem of a player at their disposal.

18. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    We're hoping for that too. I think he was under utilized by Lopez Caro, maybe it had to do with his weight or attitude. But I'm still hoping we have someone that WILL be great in the future

19. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    [​IMG]
    Ronaldo for Brazil

I can't believe that is Ronaldo.... where the hell is his belly??? Well, the only positive I see out of this is him ripping the net a good 5-6 times and getting us a ridiculous transfer fee. The guy sulks and eats and gets injured when he is with us during the Arsenal game he looked totally disintrested this makes me so mad !!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    Ronaldo for Real Madrid

20. real 4 eva

real 4 eva New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    No offence to cassano or cassano supporters but he isn't needed at real. When cassano was at Roma I thought he was an fantastic player with trmendous dribbling ablity. Then when I found out he was heading to real i was as excited as any other real fan but since he has arrived we have not got any glimpse of his performance that we saw at Roma. Even when he had the chance to start for real he would miss various chances and hardly make an impact as a sub. And on top of his terrible performances his having weight issues which is not very useful. Ronaldo has weight issues but he still does what he is best at and that is scoring. I like cassano but I belive he is a waste of space at real and just hope for real and himself that he goes to club where he can develop. We need another second striker who can offer more to the game and has expirence( adriano or imbrahmovic). In my opinion cassano has to go WE DON'T NEED HIM. Hala Madrid. If you can find any clips of cassano at real where he played WELL please post the clips thank you.

21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I disagree. I dont think Real should give up on Cassano just yet. He is a trmendously talented player who can go a long way if just taken care off.

22. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not just his weight that was the problem it's his attitude. When he came he hadn't played for a while which not only left him seriously unfit but he was also lost on the pitch. When your not playing reguarly it's hard to find your feet instantly. He was getting jeered because he wasn't playing well but I do have sympathy for him. When you have limited match practice then you won't be as sharp as you are when your playing games consecutively. This diet tells me a lot about the actual transfer. We signed a player who what was sold for 19 million from Bari, for just 4 million. Madrid were probably just buying him then to pick him up on a really low transfer fee in fear of him renewing with Roma and us having to pay a hell of a lot more. I honestly believe there was a mutual agreement between Cassano and Real Madrid that the first 6 months were to get him settled to life in Madrid and get some game time. Cassano strikes me as the type of player who would voice concern after being left out for 3 ames nevermind 20. These 6 months were certainly not a test of ability because we all know he has it. He was far and away Italy's best player in Euro 2004. If Cassano plays more and is consistently bad then questions must be asked but first he needs to lose weight and get in the right mindset for next season.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He gotta love his country. thats a good thing

24. kamatya

kamatya New Member

May 10, 2006
    how much time did baptista take to settle..even after starting in virtually every match?if we had given up on him then...n sold him in jan it would have been bad for us..cassano has had too little minutes on the pitch,plus he hasnt been all that bad except for his scoring touch,i think his passing n movement have been very good,much better than raul,he is surely NEEDED AT THIS CLUB,in cassano,robinho,baptista,cicinho and ramos..i believe we have an exciting young talent which can be lethal in the coming years if we give them a good coach n confidence,there is no doubt in my mind madrid ll again reach the top if we move in the right direction from here..lets just get rid of raul and beckham..and replace by some quick young attackers[navas,jurado] and we r set for next season

25. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    I like this Cassano guy, even tough i was a bit disappointed in him cuz the Cassano of Roma didn't show up in Real Madrid.

I think we should give him second chance. He deserves it.