Real Madrid Discussion Board

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by javster, Dec 1, 2004.

1. javster

javster New Member

Nov 29, 2004
  2. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a forum dedicated solely to Real Madrid.
    P.S. You are in it.

3. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Lockjaw again.

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got 'em for ya.

5. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    the site seems like a good idea actually.
    if only it had some sinkos, lockjaws, bkn0528s, oscars, madridforevers, anirbanblahs or lisabrasils........ you know a quality site needs quality posters ;)

seriously though, get some members and it'll be laffin!

6. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Someone's fishing for rep points... ;)

7. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Good point lockjaw :)
    Nice look and feel but lousy name for this site, anything with the word galactico sucks.

But like gazzad, i feel a forum is not about look and feel, its about the quality of the users. I don't have time to spend on too many sites and I think this site gives me insights and opinions that others like a talksoccer or myfootballforum can't even begin to match. There is also a sense of community that comes with having an ongoing dialogue with a group of people whose opinions you respect, and who you know you can rely on to offer a fresh perspective that is articulated with clarity.

There is of course the bonus of brilliant posters on other forums on bigsoccer as well like Tpmazembe who I really think is good enough to be a full-time football writer.

8. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    if i was a fisher for rep points id have nice loads of nice little green things by now! just like you! :)
    i actually have i feelin ill be in the red soon as i am a frequent visitor of the arsenal forum and i dont like the arsenal all that much ;)

9. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    very true, i do feel we have a great community in bigsoccer despite the occasional troll (barca, arsenal, chelski etc) actually to be honest our forum is surpisingly less trolled than other forums

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    There's no surprise to it. It's not that our forum is less trolled, it's just vigilantly moderated. :) Hey, Sinko.

11. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I hope you gave him some! I've spread it around so much recently that I've got no more to give out for another day.

12. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    I did, 'cause I'm friendly like that.

13. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree. If you look at the message boards on gol or yahoo sports, then you are sure to be let down. There will be a thread on RM, but they typically consist of some 8 year-old loser saying to a mental midget "the galactic wh**** lose again" & the other one will cackle insanely. I really appreciate the mature dialog in this forum.

Kudos to Sinko for your efforts.

14. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yeah, great work Sinko!!!

Totally agree, i also feel that sense of community built thanks to the regular posters of this board (i don't want to say names because i probably forget someone). It is easy to have this feeling with people like you, guys!!!! ...... Oops, i think that the proximity of chrismast is affecting me ... or maybe, i shouldn't have gone to so many free bar new Year’s Eve lunch/dinners/parties in the last days ...

Note: i'm waiting the post of Oscar to this "self-indulgent" thread. I think that maybe he hasn't posted for two reasons:1st, he doesn't want to admit his sensitive side, 2nd he doesn't want to break this "idyllic atmosphere" with one of his posts .....