Real Madrid CF vs Olympiacos|UCL|24-10-07[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by nuff_said, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    [​IMG]

• Date: 24 October 2007, Wednesday
    • Time: 20:45 CET
      [​IMG]
    • Random errr... stuff
    • Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu

[​IMG]
    The one time I wasn't around for a game the team loses lol
    You guys see what I did with the olympiacos logo. He's bowing and in our shadow...
    You can tell I didn't have much time to make this match thread haha
    *returns to semi-active mode*

2. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    That shadow thing with the club badges is class Nuff probs for that one.

If we win this game i think we have a good chance going through as group winners. I jst hope shuster picks a better team as he has 3 days to train with the boys.

Lets all hope for the best.

Hala madrid.

3. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Very nice shadow bow thingy..
    Let's do this!

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I suggest people to watch the 1-3 in Bremen.

Olympiakos has set off to a bad start in the League, but Bremen gave them a new start and they haven't looked back since then.

It will take a better performance than yesterday to win this.

5. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    its going to take a better performance to beat anyone. I hope Schuster finds a way to inspire those that werent vs. Espanyol. Im confident that our boys will win though. The Bernabeu must become a fortress! :cool:

6. realmadrid my heart

Oct 16, 2007
    i hope we will put a good show against that greek team,hope that will be good for the morale after what happened against espanyol on saturday

7. realmadrid my heart

Oct 16, 2007
    a good thread,lets hope it has some merits

8. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm looking forward to seeing Robinho vs. Raul Bravo. :D

On the other hand, didn't Galletti run rings around us last year for Atletico Madrid. Darko Kovačević is also dangerous.

9. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Nice thread heading, Nuff!

I won't be around for the game, either, but I am looking forward to reading the *completely unbiased, I'm sure!* comments later that evening.

HALA Madrid and thank you, Sunshine!

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's still undecided apparently, until Schuster gets to hear Robinho and Baptista and then decide what to do with them, at least according to the creative keyboards of the Marca writers.

Olympiakos will probably play with a 5 man midfield like they did in Germany.Galletti, Ledesma, Djordjevic, and Lua Lua as a striker or attacking midfield player will be starting in the midfield area the way it currently looks like.

11. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Who according to you mostly likely made up this whole "Robinho, late night partying" thing because there are no "pictures" of the actual event.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't say they made it up, my opinion is they just reported whatever the Brazilian gossip press was reporting.

It's old news to me either way.

I know that many people want Robinho out for a month to "teach him a lesson", but at the end of the day, i want the team to be as strong as possible.

Leaving two more or less quality players out because of an off field issue that could be resolved off field, is doing nobody any favors, unless we consider giving Balboa some CL action, because right now, he is ahead of Higuain in terms of being a solution for the right side.

13. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    ^As soon as he missed the only training session before Espanyol, his "off the field" behaviour had trespassed onto the field. I don't see how you can play on Wednesday, party on Wednesday night, sleep in on Thursday, fly on Friday, fly again on Friday night and pretend to play on Saturday without even a minute of training between both games. Robinho simply was not match fit.

What bugs me about the Robinho issue is that he *chose* to jeopardize his own match fitness, making himself almost inelligible *on purpose*. I'm not advocating for a month in the freezer, I think he didn't play on Saturday because he was not fit to play and that if he is fit on Wednesday he should play. But let's not pretend this is an off the field issue because it's not. Anything that impedes the player to perform at his usual level in even one game is not an off the field problem.

14. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure as hell hope Raul Bravo doesnt pull any surprises and play half decent. Is he going to play at all though?

15. SYRIA

SYRIA Member

Jul 5, 2007
    NZ
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    I hope Soldado makes it to the squad list again, and gets some time. he deserves it!

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He even helps out the attack and helped in creating a goal against Werder.

He still does occasionally get turned silly by players, and still runs like a mad bull at players earning yellow cards, but i would say that he's played half decent so far.

I wouldn't expect him to play terrible, nor would i somehow want it.

According to the newspapers in Greece, Kovacevic will not start so they will probably play with Lua Lua as a striker, and the lot of midfield players behind him, the way they started in Germany.

The report also mentions that Olympiakos wants to go for an early goal, after studying the Espanyol game.

Random comments:

Lua Lua:"It's going to be a difficult game, but after i watched them play Espanyol, i have to say that they can be defeated."

Raul Bravo":Real Madrid could be suffering, but even in their worst day, thay can turn the game around with one move."

Kovacevic:"Our goal is to not lose in the Bernabeu."

17. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well atleast he has Baptista backing him up.

"Baptista: There Was No Party"

If anything this might mean they'll be considered for this match.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Referee for the match:

Norwegian Tom Henning Ovrebo, who some people might remember from Espanyol - Werder in the UEFA Cup.

19. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Shocker. I was expecting Baptista to say "The party was banging.... and we all were too!! Forty condoms? Ha! It was more like 400!"

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have to admit that would be very entertaining.
    Maybe do an improvised press conference [SIZE=-1] à la[/SIZE] Eto'o on the hallway screaming "Why the f*** you think they call me La Bestia?!".

:D

21. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    They may both be ok for Wednesday then Sweet :)

22. Walle

Walle New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Diarra and Cannavaro are both doubtful because of knee-injuries:
    Diarra received a knock to his right knee on Saturday and Cannavaro keeps on having problems with his left knee that was injured against Getafe.

23. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onward to the greatest nights, on the biggest stages! The tenth!

24. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    ^^ I really hope so

25. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I haven't weighed in on any of this, but come on, this is a howler. Even if this whole thing was totally innocent, this is just lame, lame lame. I'm old enough to remember when there weren't phones and SMS text messaging available in our pockets 24/7. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when international calling was difficult. (I know it sounds like the stone age, but it was only 15 years ago. :p) But there is no excuse in 2007 for this. If I don't call my clients when I'm going to be late or not be able to show up, I don't have clients anymore. I can't even imagine having a job of that importance and (duh! whoopsie! oops!) forgetting to contact them with a game coming up. wtf :confused:

With this lame-ass denial, I now totally believe it was a super bon-bon banging party and that 400 condoms were the minimum required. whoo! :D