Real Madrid CF vs Malaga|La Liga|08/11/2008[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lockjaw, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    REAL MADRID vs. Malaga C.F.
    Estadio Santiago Bernabéu
    Saturday, November 8, 2008
    20:00 CET

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    I agree, He needs to be on the ball tomorrow night, he really does. Things around Madrid have gone sour in the past couple of games we do have a few injurys but we need to get over that and really fet our selfs back on track. It pains me to see the cheats at the top of the table even if they are playing some good football.

I really wanna see Drenthe put 110% in to the game as well. Never seems to be playing with a good head on his shoulders.

Hala Madrid.

3. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Higuain please? Give Vaart a start on the left, hell he cant be worse than Drenthe at times.

4. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Robben out, what bout Ramos?

5. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think this going to be a score draw, we are going to get worse before we start improving.

6. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm hoping Ramos doesn't play hes obviously way off form... I actually prefer salgado for this one * Cringes *

7. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would actually like to see Drenthe starting again. Maybe play VDV instead of Sneijder with Gago and Diarra behind him. Higuain HAS to start upfront! Yet somehow i dont see it happening. :(

8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Obviously Shcuster aint gonna drop Raul unless he's injured or "for resting".
    I see anonther predictable Madrid specially without Arjen.

9. Real j'can

Real j'can New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    ^ I don't think Bernd has much of a choice for selection tomorrow. Van Nistle is out again with talks of surgery on his right knee, Robben is gone for 5-6 weeks, De la Red is still not at 100%, and Pepe is going to be missing for tomorrow. News from our official site says Ramos is on the team sheet but will be a game time decision. There is a shock on the list is Bueno from our Castilla team has made the selection most likely due to our injury crisis. Hopefully he pulls a Torres and if he gets called on, makes an impressive performance.

10. Guti.h 14

Guti.h 14 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Team Sheet:
    Porteros
    Casillas y Dudek
    Defensas
    Míchel Salgado, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Marcelo, Heinze y Metzelder
    Centrocampistas
    Diarra, Gago, Sneijder, Guti, Drenthe, Van der Vaart y Javi García
    Delanteros
    Raúl, Saviola, Higuaín y Alberto Bueno

11. asterix

asterix Member

Apr 26, 2005
    Is there a choice? He is the only wide player we have left. Though Schuster can push Higuain wide and play Raul/RVN.

Higuain deserves to start over Raul. That guy has been the most consistent player upfront, even more consistent than RVN (tho he got injured). However Raul needs minutes to get his form back. So he can come as a sub later in the game.

12. Amirah

Amirah New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casillas y Dudek
    Míchel Salgado, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Marcelo, Heinze y Metzelder
    Diarra, Gago, Sneijder, Guti, Drenthe, Van der Vaart y Javi García
    Raúl, Saviola, Higuaín y Alberto Bueno

No Ruud and Pepe but Bueno got called up.

13. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats the thing, even when we have no choice but to play Drenthe, Schuster at times favored playing Higuain out wide. I was just saying I'd rather see Drenthe there instead of Higuain.

Looking at the squad list though it seems Higuain is going to play up top. One think to look forward too though, it would be funny if Bueno gets the nod as first attacking sub change over Saviola :D

14. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Interesting that Pepe was a doubt, got called up for the Juve game, didn't play, and is now left out of the squad. Wonder if Ramos is currently feeling his recent knock a little as well.

Hopefully Gago starts this game, along with Guti and Sneijder.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So the blame game will be on.

I blame your poor thread! It was the beginning of our bad run. :mad:

Fuera Lockjaw! Fuera! :D

We were predictable with Robben, so there is no real difference. They will..

* Load up our left side (their right side)
    * Leave their LB to watch over Ramos
    * Clog our middle...
    * Lure us to sleep then counter
    * ?????
    * Profit

:(

Oh, and btw Raul ain't gonna get dropped because we don't have any other options. Saviola doesn't get a chance to get in form and we only have four strikers.

With that said, he would start anyways, lol.

Amazing isn't it that our most in-form, young striker didn't get to start a critical game where we need to fooking score, eh? Who cares about form!

I would like to see a more attacking lineup. I'd give Drenthe another run on the left (how else will he build his confidence?), the immovable Raul and Higuain starting up top.

Then I'd shake things up a bit.

Gago holding, with Sneijder playing in front of him to the right. With VDV playing right behind the strikers. If VDV and Sneijder are to play together VDV has to be the advanced position player, HAS TO BE.

16. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Maybe Schuster could play a lone striker with VdV as a SS.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I actually wanted this and suggested it a couple weeks ago, but that'll never happen unless we are injury ravaged.

I'd love to see:

-------Higuain-------
    Drenthe--VDV-------
    ------Sneijder-------
    -------------Diarra--
    -------Gago---------

Won't happen though, and could actually work. We'd be using VDV to his best ability (who by the way was in good form when we benched him), Sneijder would still be in his advanced position, and we have a strong midfield consisting of Diarra and Guti.

Hopefully VDV's will open a little space for Drenthe (which probably won't matter because his confidence is lower than a hookers).

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    VDV has to start this one. Drenthe was probably our best midfielder in the previous game, and he has to start this one. Unfortunately, due to the injury to Ruud, Raul is set to start even though he has contributed nothing to the side for the past few games. I wouldn't mind starting VDV upfront with Higuain and Guti alongside Gago, and taking out Raul out of the lineup.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Scored a hell of a header.

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I guess Torres isn't fully recovered yet either? Drenthe needs a good run of games to get comfortable, I hope he starts. VDV should get the nod as well, he needs more minutes to shine and I agree playing him up front would do us well.

One big issue with the Juve lineup was that Sneijder keep hugging the left touchline when we were attacking, and it seemed like Drenthe was right next to him waiting to see what Wesley would do. That side was very crowded and left a hole in the middle of the field where Sneijder should've been the linkup for Guti to RVN and Raul.I'd really like to see VDV or Sneijder or Guti play in the hole behind the strikers and just shift right to left about 10 yards beyond the box, to turn and make decisive passes or take shots from a better angle. Drenthe was doubleteamed a lot, making it harder for him to penetrate the backline...plus he was nervous;).

The backline still scares me, especially with Pepe out. Canna and Heinze will be tired after Wednesdays match, so Metz may get the nod. Gago has got to come back into the squad. This has got to be three points. Let's get this team moving again.

21. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I wouldn't mind seeing this if for no other reason than as confirmation Schuster does actually have some tactical acumen in that head of his and is willing to play to the strengths of the players he has available to him. Sadly I don't see this happening though and sadder still I think we might see the exact same midfield he fielded on Wednesday....

They scare me whether Pepe's in or out..;)

Good Lord I just had a vision of a Heinze/Metz CB pairing :eek:

22. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    So we might see the Tin-Man & the Lion at the back four for this one :eek: :D

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He has three goals this seasons, two of them coming in a 7 goal trashing, and he has started pretty much every game.

24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Do these goals count less? ;)

And doesn't he have five goals this season? And if I remember correctly he is one of our leading scorers....:D

25. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    ^ yes he has 5 goals.;)

Higuain has to start...likewise Gago.

I think we also have to give Drenthe minutes...you can't hide in Madrid and at this point with Robben out, to change the team shape and not play Drenthe would be a kick in the teeth for the kid.

This is his moment but it will be very much sink or swim..

If he sinks...bringing VdV on at the head of a 4 man diamond seems as good an option as any(I'm not convinced you can use VdV in a 3 man midfield.)

I have to say Sneijder's form is worrying and I would let him sit this one out and play Guti with Diarra and Gago in the midfield.

It seems the defence almost picks itself.