Real Madrid CF vs Espanyol |La Liga|05-12-07[R] (II)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by laudrup, May 12, 2007.

1. Luchito

Luchito Member

Feb 27, 2006
    If RM wins La Liga, guess where I'm going to celebrate.;)

2. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow !! What a game .. I couldn't watch the first 15 min, thanks to some broadcast issue .. And when it finally came on we were one down .. And then we were 2 down and i couldn't believe what i was seeing .. The defending in the first half was simply awful .. Good passing play by Raul, Carlos to set up Rudd, super positioning & finishing by him .. Then then we conceeded another goal .. Oh, was i pi$$ed off .. I was shitting in my pants when the first half got over ..
    Was remembering when i was posted about complacency and stuff .. Then was wondering if nuff_said was watching the game :p .. Well, basically i couldn't think straight ..

Then started the 2nd half .. And Reyes was brilliant in the first minute itself .. Too bad he couldn't score then .. Well, the rest of the game was nail biting and simply brilliant ..

Things i learnt from the game:
    Cicinho is defensively very error prone .. I understand now why Capello was very reluctant to use him during the beginning of the season before his injury .. Ramos should definitely start at RB all the fcuking time, unless our CBs are unavailable .. He's defensively super and offensively good enough ..

Carlos had a decent game after such a long time .. I could see the determination on his face ..

Guti should always be on the bench and come on as a sub .. Otherwise, he's just missing all hte time ..

Reyes had a very good game .. He scored a goal, set up the winner and added loads of pace on the left flank .. If i was Capello, i'd be reluctant to let him go, as we would have no natural left footed wingers ..

RvN and Raul bl**dy work their socks out every game .. Super ethic ..

Higuain, for me, was the most impressive performer last night .. Great game .. Worked really hard all the time ..

Diarra should never try complicated passes and has awful first touch passing .. I rate Emerson over him when it comes to passing ..

Capello is getting damn good at substitutions .. One thing surprising is that, if someone new sees our team play, they wouldn't even think we are managed by a defensive coach .. We concede 3 goals at home in the first half and score 3 in the second .. I'm starting to like the way we are playing now .. We don't look very defensive [the score shows it] and this isn't the first time in recent weeks we have fought back after falling behind ..

Well, basically, Espanyol had a good game .. Full credit to them for taking the only chances they had and converting them to goals .. Pandiani had a good game .. I guess i'll be rooting for them to win the UEFA cup .. They keeper, Kameni had a very good game .. We could have been leading in the first half, inspite of conceeding 3 goals, if not for the GK .. He made lots of blank point shots ..

And we are on the top of the table, for the first time in 19 months :eek: .. Long over due i guess .. Another step closer to the title .. We have done our job and we can just hope the 'chasing pack' ;) do their job well and lose ..

3. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Amazing victory, what a game. Real played amazing in second half...Our defence was shit, as i said before Cicinho is useless in defence, but we won, i still can't belive it :D Oh and all who always complain about ref,what about this time ( Cicinho hand...) :)

4. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Emerson being called for tackle that set Raul free?
    3rd Espanyol goal offside?
    Ramos penalty?
    Ramos booking?
    A series of clean tackles that were penalised?
    A failure to get to grips with timewasting?

5. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Slightly offtopic

I may not be able to post the next match thread today. I'm guessing the next match thread will have close to 60-70 layers or even more, depending if I have the patience (for those of you who who photoshop, that is alot) so its taking a long time to animate all those layers

Cheers :)

6. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    You kidding right. I'm Real fan but I hate people always complaining about refs

It was not offside
    What penalty, give me a break
    Ramos tackled from behind, that is yellow...

Ref did a good job yesterday, we can be happy he didn't called penalty when Cicinho played with hand.

7. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ^About the Ramos tackle, well, he didn't even make contact with that player .. He won the ball cleanly but it did look like a dangerous tackle, thats all .. Personally, i thought the refree was screwed up .. And about the Cicinho's handball, well, these things happens .. You can't say the ref was baised towards us .. Can you think of any other instance where the refree 'supported' us and not them ?!

8. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    He came from an offside position to receive the ball...that is offside
    The penalty when Ramos was clearly thrown to the ground a few minutes before Higuain scored.
    Ramos, although coming from behind, actuallt tackled along the side of Moha and took the ball making no contact (other than the turning Moha tripping over his legs). gerry Armstrong who had initially said freekick was left backtracking wildly when he saw the replay...no foul, no booking.

Not to mention the crux of your argument is that the ref did a good job because he missed a clear handball. :eek:

9. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whether Pandiani was offside or not was a very tight call. I couldn't blame the official if he didn't get that one right...he's only human. I'm actually undecided on it because if he was it was marginal. However.....and this is a big however, people are over-looking the fact that there is an offside in the build up. I believe Moha is offside. If someone can post a link it would be rather useful.

10. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Pah, you have no proof the official is human, I demand DNA tests and preferably an autopsy.

11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

And my girl friend thought I needed anger management therapy during this one! :D

12. IvanHelguera

IvanHelguera New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    singapore
    hey thanks for ur effort, cant wait to see it!

13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We should keep Reyes, an injury and being a benchsitter resulting of that shouldn't make people forget he can be a matchwinner (as he has been at the beginning of the season)

14. Pipitinha

Pipitinha New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Center of Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I was there in the Bernabeu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was amazing!!!! What an atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoring 3 goals in the 2nd half to win the match was awesome!!!
    If I was Higuain I would not have only take out my t-shirt!!! And Cannavaro with the corner-flag!!!!! All the stadium shooting: "Asi, asi, asi gana el Madrid!!"

'The worst Madrid' is in the route to winning the league, against 'the best Sevilla', 'the team that plays better football in the world (barça???)' and all those things the media said.

15. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    ^...I'm so jealous right now :( Just watching from the TV the atmosphere was electric, I can't imagine what it was like live

nuff's #1 goal before nuff dies: Watch Live match @ the Bernabeu

16. majlajuna

majlajuna New Member

May 12, 2007
  17. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    The last link is not working.

18. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ditto. Thats the one i really want too.

19. btha

btha Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iceland
    Yeah it was totally ********ing unbelievable.
    I've been to 4 other matches and no others come even close to this one.
    In fact, i've been quite disappointed with the athmosphere in the stadium, but this game more than made up for it.

20. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Please don't overrate Reyes, He had a great game, but his form is as frustrating as Guti's case. Maybe he played because Senior Wenger was "around". :) If we were to buy him (probably a good idea), I won't spend a cent over 8M for him.

21. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still want Reyes though; hes a blistering fast winger with a left foot; for 8m he is a steal, as he has shown he can be as good as any other winger we have been touted for and is young enough to shake off inconsistency.

REYES4PRESIDENT! ( :eek: )

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Or maybe he played good because this is his first league match where he played more than 15 minutes since the 4th of March.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Wenger will push the Reyes price back up after this match.

24. majlajuna

majlajuna New Member

May 12, 2007
  25. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona must feel the pressure now. I would have loved to watch the Espanyol game with Rijkaard, Etoo and Ronaldinho. After the first half, They must have thought that Real Madrid finally choked and the path would be easier. This part of season is down to nerve. Will Barcelona crack under pressure?????? I thought they did already.