Real Madrid-AS Roma to be on YES network

Discussion in 'Spain' started by sixer1, Aug 2, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Re: ROMA ARRIVES

It's NYC. No one notices that stuff. ;)

I take it you're a Roma supporter?

2. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Re: ROMA ARRIVES

Well, if you want more attention, you should have cursed on Panucci for giving away the ball in the last minute of the Italy/S. Korea game (that resulted in the equalizer). Tell him to relegate himself to Serie D for that amateurish clearance. You may be able to bait him to a fight and get on the ESPN/Fox Sports/Yes news.

You could have done the same thing on Battigol for having a dismal World Cup, but Panucci is the easiest target.

3. jitojo

jitojo New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Seattle
    Hotel!!

They are staying at the N.Y Hilton!!!

4. sjjn

sjjn Member

Mar 29, 2002
    NYC
    Yes, I could have...

He would then have pointed out that the game would have been over if Bobo Vieri didn't miss that gift and if Totti didn't play like a Mary the whole tournament.

And if you were as close as I was (and my 5'8" 160lbs) you could have had your ass kicked by these freakish monsters...these boys are big

5. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    The #1 culprit was Panucci, not Vieri, not the Ecuadoran referee. If he had been more careful about the clearance, no goal for South Korea, and Vieri's miss wouldn't have been an issue. Had Italy still been clinging on that 1-0 lead, Vieri's open goal chance would not have happened. Italy had no reason to attack in the 90th minute. Vieri would have parked in his own half.

I don't expect the Andres Escobar treatment, but I just wonder why the Italian fans/press let Panucci off the hook.

6. sjjn

sjjn Member

Mar 29, 2002
    NYC
    I guess it's the same way they didn't crucify Totti for his lax play at the end of regulation of Euro 2000 Final that let France get upfield and score the equalizer. Sure they murdered Alex in the press for not scoring but they did not mention Totti at all.....

7. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: ROMA ARRIVES

LOL! :D How true!

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Annan Greets Madrid, Roma Players Before AIDS Match

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan greeted two dozen players from Real Madrid and Roma on the eve of their exhibition match on behalf of the U.N.-initiated global fund to fight AIDS...

Reuters

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
  10. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks for the pictures Brian!

It was worth the long drive.

Zidane was MOTM. Roberto Carlos was a close second.

Of course none of the newspapers carry the story, so I guess it never happened. ;)

70,000+ fans beg to differ! :)

The tailgate atmosphere was excellent. The first half was excellent, with a lot of passion shown by the fans.

The second half was a little long, and lot of people were upset with no goals, but it was a good game.

11. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Jose,

Way to make the cruise up. I would have liked to have gone but had other committments.

I really do not like the new Real Madrid shirt (Siemens Mobile). Horrible.

Bill

12. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    What site did you get those pictures from?

13. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
  14. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    One of the few times baseball fans can watch soccer on the YES Network and they had to go scoreless even though it was entertaining.

15. UltrasMontreal

UltrasMontreal New Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Blainville, Canada
    looking for the game on VHS

Any body has the Real-Roma game on tape.
    I was at the game (I drove from Montreal).
    I would olve to get that game on tape.
    I would pay for the tape and postage of course...

Francois Primeau
    fprimeau@yahoo.com
    www.ultrasmontreal.com