Real Madrid-AS Roma friendly to be on YES network

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by sixer1, Aug 2, 2002.

1. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    the real madrid-roma friendly will be on the yankees entertainment and sports network (available on directv) thursday night at 9:30 pm et on a 2 hr tape delay

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just curious:

1) Did anyone watch this? and
    2) Did they show commercials during the run of play?

3. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Great news...

4. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    the real madrid-roma friendly hasn't been played yet. the match will be on yes on thursday august 8th

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ooops. Then make that

1) will anyone watch this, and
    2) will someone let us know if they show commercials during the run of play.

6. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont know to much about the Yes network. Is it regional or national?

7. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I'm going but I'll tape it and let you know. Of the few United matches they showed last year they DID show commercials (quite often).

PE, it's regional but it's available on The Dish.

8. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Diesel. Is this part of the Yankees/Man U deal. I don't see how Roma and Real fit into the equation.

9. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    no...the new YES network is dying for sport air-time... this week, they show the east regional Little League world series on primetime... Basically, the only sport game they're showing is the Yankee games... Next year, i heard the Nets and Devils will be part of the network.

10. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Yes is stupid not to get all the Man U games on MUTV that aren't owned by Fox Sports Intl. These two weeks, there are lots of pre-season friendlies on MUTV, like Man U vs Ajax (?). These games are up for grabs because no America carrier owns the rights.

Based on the fact that they broadcasted EPL games that owned by Fox (and got a legal warning from Fox), yet skip Man U games not owned by Fox, I can easily conclude that the people in Yes have absolutely no clue about European football. Heck, they don't even know that Man U pre-season friendlies have an audience.

11. soccer4ever

soccer4ever New Member

Jun 1, 2001
    USA
    This will be great for soccer in the US. Imagine all those baseball fans tuning it to watch a super soccer game.

12. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I admire you for imagining the impossible. Baseball fans will turn off the tv and mow the lawn. Not many are soccer fans as well -- very few, in fact.

13. SpeakEasy8

SpeakEasy8 New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    which is surprising since the American public sees soccer and baseball as being equally boring ;)

14. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friend of mine got YES with his Dish. He watched one of the afore-mentioned Man Utd matches only to be shocked when, without warning, during the run of play they broke to a commercial. After he regained consciousness, he switched off the TV and hasn't watched YES since.

btw, he'll be watching in person on Thursday.

15. soccer4ever

soccer4ever New Member

Jun 1, 2001
    USA
    This will be a great game and many will tune in to YES to watch some boring baseball and guess what, they won't believe their eyes ;)

BTW, I just talked to someone at Ticketmaster and he said all lower level seats have been sold, and there are about 2-300 tickets left in sections 217, 239 and 225.

He also said that all 300 section tickets have been sold, although I think those are not open for this game.

Anyone else have any info?