Real Madrid Alumni: Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cotonou agreement was ratified by RFEF and Spanish government in 2007. So any number of African players can be included in the squad now in Spain without occupying Non EU spot. Momo Diarra stopped being Non EU from 2007 that way. That's why Barca had Eto'o, Yaya, Keita in the squad at one point and they were counted as EU citizens.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7032661.stm

Doni repped this.
  2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought the footage 9:34 of Sahin was interesting. First, it turned him into Xabi Alonso. He also did a Zidane turn wearing #5. At 11:07, he even took a freekick when Ronaldo was on the field. I thought Bale is the only RM player ever to take any freekick when CR7 was on the field. :)

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is a rare footage of Didi playing for Real Madrid. For the younger fans, he was the star of the 1958 World Cup. He was probably one of the best central midfielders ever played the game. In 1959, he joined Real Madrid, but he only lasted a single season. According to wikipedia, he only played 19 games. His failure in Madrid was largely due to the fact that he could not get along with Alfred Di Stefano. By that time, Raymond Kopa had returned to France. Anyway, I think he played deeper than Kopa who played on the right side in Madrid. Di Stefano, Puskas, Gento, etc all played different position. The feud was down to personality, it was largely reported. Up until this week, I have never seen any footage of him playing for Madrid.

He returned to his old team Botafago, where he teamed up with Garrincha. Later, he was replaced by Gerson, who was the deep-lying playmaker of Brazil's 1970 team.

Deep Pal, Jonah_98, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Freddy Rincon was before my time as a fan of the club. He was well-known in the 1990's, but not as famous as Valderama, Asprilla, Higuita, etc. He scored against West Germany in the 1990 World Cup Finals. That goal might have put Colombia on the map. Colombia reached the second round of that Finals with that goal. It was a milestone for Columbia.

Actually, I don't really remember him playing for Madrid. Later, he made a name in Brazil. I remembered reading about him as one of the best players in the Brazilian league. I googled his name with "Real Madrid" and he was often interviewed because of James and Real Madrid.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2020/06/14/5ee6388822601da42e8b45b9.html

Deep Pal and Jonah_98 repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember Rincon

Excape Goat repped this.
  6. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    No but Capello brought the team spirit and added some players of his own Seedorf, Carlos, Panucci to name a few. He played mainly 4-4-2 once he settled on a system of players. This was just before he left Milan who had dominated Serie A, a much harder league.

7. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He was training at AC Milan which was different to Real Madrid. I know they had some world class training complex, he never said anything at the time. He got injured and after that he never recovered which was a big shame.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They built the Milan lab after Redondo's injury problem. Ironically, after being considered the model upon what most clubs built their medical facilities, the Milan lab was shut down because of injuries and efficiency struggles.

Also, one of the founders was criticized for using methods that are not supported by medical data. Pretty problematic stuff.

Zidane05 repped this.
  9. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I wish he had played in the 1998 world cup too but that twat Pasarella was telling people to cut their.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nathanial Essex repped this.
  11. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    These guys can't even distinguish between Pavon and Ivan Helguera.

Excape Goat, Shay Z and Digital repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017

Name dropped a lot of young players who he worked with that has now made it. Hope he has a future at Real Madrid one day.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is having major success in Mexico. He took over at Club America for Miguel Herrera, a legendary Mexican coach. People hated Solari for it. Now he has the club in the concacaf champions league final and they’re the best team in the country.

Shay Z, Ahmadi8, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  15. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Loved him as a player for us and was hoping he would pan out as a coach when he got the job, but it was obvious almost right away it was a step too soon for him. Glad he bounced back, always came off as a classy likeable character.

Saeta Rubia, PigBenis, ImadEdd and 2 others repped this.
  16. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe not even a step too soon but perhaps the right guy at the wrong time.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt, he will be back in Europe at a big club soon enough.

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The team was in shambles when he took over, I think 9th place in the table had like a 3 game losing streak, dropped points against CSKA Moskow in CL and last straw was a manita (5 goals conceded) against Barca.

He really didn't get the credit he deserved for getting things back on track and doing the much needed work of incorporating young players like Vinicius, Valverde, Reguillon, Llorente, etc., and it was really one bad week and a dumb as red card by Ramos that did him in.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am getting excited about Castilla because of Arribas, Iker Bravo, etc. I have not been this way since exactly ten seasons ago when Jese emerged from Castilla. Jese is in Turkey now. I have no idea how he is doing.

2012-2013. That was 10 years ago.

Digital and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will never understand what happened to Jese. Like Isco, he had everything, but somehow lost it for no apparent reason. The ACL tear was a factor, but he played well post injury. People say he was focusing on a rap career but he was always dedicated to training and maintaining his fitness levels. I just dont.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco's career is to Jese what an astronaut is to a bus driver. They have absolutely nothing in common.

Who are the people that are saying that he was dedicated? Not even he himself does.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wasn't talking about their careers, stop moving the goal posts every time. Isco dropped from high to low, and Jese from low to zero in terms of career, but their drop was symmetrical in terms of their athleticism.

I didn't base my perception of Jese's fitness on what people are saying, but the fact that he always seems fit and that he posts a million videos of himself training on his social media. He's always been lean and shredded. I never heard anyone complain about his dedication either.

Nathanial Essex, Savior and Kroosinator repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is "Isco's decline from high to low". What absolute nonsense. Won individual awards for 8 years straight. Are you actually ok? He's had a wonderful career.

Seleccionado en el Once de Bronce del Fútbol Draft 2010
    Seleccionado en el Once de Plata del Fútbol Draft, 2011
    Seleccionado en el Once de Oro del Fútbol Draft 2012, 2013
    Seleccionado por la UEFA en el equipo revelación de La Liga 2012
    Seleccionado por la UEFA en el equipo del año de La Liga 2013
    Premio LFP – Jugador revelación de La Liga 2012
    Premio Golden Boy 2012
    Trofeo Bravo 2013
    Bota de Bronce de la Eurocopa Sub-21 2013
    Incluido en el Equipo ideal de la Eurocopa Sub-21 2013
    Incluido en el Equipo ideal de la Liga de Campeones 2017
    Mejor Jugador de la Final de la Supercopa de Europa 100 2017
    MVP contra Marruecos101 en la Copa Mundial de Fútbol de 2018

Isco was winning man of the match awards for his national team 4 years ago.

I've never heard a more ridiculous comparison in my life.

ahnaf repped this.
  24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At one point, I thought Isco was going to replace Modric who had the label as La Liga's worst signing of the year in 201X. Instead, Modric stepped up and Isco never became that player what we expected of him. Nevertheless, Isco had at least 4 seasons as a contributor on the team. He perhaps was considered a starter for a few seasons depending how you viewed whether Bale was a starter on the same period. And that period happened to be our best time since Di Stefano was a player. I recalled he was on the starting lineup in two CL Finals. But when he left the team, he did not get the respect that he deserved. Of course, he was no Casemiro or Marcelo, but he deserved a better treatment than that.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco represented his club and country with success for the majority of his career. The only reason he looks like he wasn't a success is because he played his entire career on one of the most stacked teams in talent in the history of the sport.

But saying he failed is absolutely ridiculous. He won on every level, earned decent money doing it and is still playing at the top level although a step under where he used to.

You can compare him to a player like Fabregas, and he comes out on top. Or a player like Nasri and he's on a Completely different level.

If we surmise that Isco hasn't had a successful career, most guys we sign are busts.

ahnaf and Ahmadi8 repped this.