Real Madrid Alumni: Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Mar 8, 2018.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adebayor was one of this guys that seemed happy to be at such a huge club at that stage in his career. Did his best to fit in and enjoyed his time.

2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am bored with the transfer thread and the preseason thread. Let's talk about other French midfielders. I think the French guy got a promotional deal with a watch company and he was trying to promote his watch. I am sure that all of you are all looking at his watch. He was before my time as a Real Madrid. What is his name again? Lass Diaara?

[​IMG]

tefftlon, Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Christian Karembeu.

4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    THAT WOMAN IS FINE AS HELL!!!

The blonde isn’t bad either :D

Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  5. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    Karembeu, and they are not together anymore.

6. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    She held a record for having the longest legs apparently.

7. loochy

loochy Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woah woah woah, Lass Diarra is suddenly able to grow that kind of hair?!?!

Please get me more information on his hair regrowth regimen!

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Horse placenta. Applied every evening before bed time.

zizouForlife repped this.
  9. loochy

loochy Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. I know where I'll be ramming my head on a nightly basis.

10. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Fernando Morientes,

such a fine player, no grudges after being the victim of galactos, came back to haunt madrid with monaco,

i believe he is now youth coach in madrid

Deep Pal, petros93 and Excape Goat repped this.
  11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His new wife is pretty hot too, but we are here to discuss footballers, not WAGs. :)

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In 2003, Real Madrid came to HK. They requested a bodyguard/guide/PR person one-on-one service. A friend's brother(not close friend) was assigned to Raul, Guti and Morientes. He had to take them around town.

Meanwhile, Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos went to another club owned by a distant cousin. I met my cousin once at his wedding and he did not know who I was.... I never saw him again. The club was co-owned by many investors.... all the investors were all connected people who knew a lot of people. So a lot of my friends saw them. They all said that they suddenly showed up and the club had to scramble a VIP section for them.

The fact that i knew the Raul, Morientes and Guti went in a different direction while the foreign players went to another place..... none of the lesser known players was around. Some of my friends wondered if there were an issue within the players, but we knew Figo did not have a problem with the new right wing David Beckham. They were seen having a good time. That was our opinion in the summer of 2003.

Deep Pal, hala_madrid722, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  13. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like how they name Real Madrid first in the list of clubs he played in, as if he wasn't like 7 years in Dortmund and I think another 4 in Schalke, while hardly playing for us in his 2-3 years with the club.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At one point, Higuain was my favorite player. Of all players who departed Madrid prematurely, he broke my heart the most, I think. The trophlyless drought between 2003 and 2006 was basically broken by his goal against Espanyol. It was also his first season.

Over the years, I learned to realise that it won't work out with Higuian and Ronaldo. I learned to appreciate the Ronaldo-Benzema partnership. I have written about that many times here. And I did not care about Higuian anymore.

So it should have been strange to see Ronaldo-Higuain playing together in Italy. Actually, I do not feel a thing. I don't hate them.... I don't really watch them. I almost forgot that their partnership was at one point my "dream attack". When I watched them, I have to remind myself about them at Real Madrid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nathanial Essex and Doni repped this.
  17. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We were promised a Benz-Pipita front 2 that never materialized :(

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or Kaka-CR7-Piptta?

19. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kaka & CR7 - man what could have been!!

One of the most exciting summers ever when we signed them. Plus Karim & Xabi!

Legendary stuff man! That was already over a decade ago!

Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  20. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same.

I’ll always have love for Pipita.

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Always a choker. They guy basically whined and made on ground gestures(along with Chiellini) saying real Madrid buy referees in the CL tie in which we kicked their ass out of the competition.

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually, I always separated Real Madrid's Higuain from the post-Madrid Higuain. Anyway, the original post was not meant to be about my love of him. It was about the strangeness of Ronaldo/Higuain playing together, but I do not feel a thing. I still went by the fact that Ronaldo/Benzema won 4 CL here.

Anyway, I decided to post about Real Madrid vs Getafe match in 2009 here.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/br...ical-primer-of-real-madrid-cf.2001848/page-19

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  23. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    All the signings were spot on except Kaka. He was already done at Milan but his name sold him. I always thought if Madrid signed David Silva instead it would have been the ultimate transfer window.

Deep Pal, Excape Goat and Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Valencia would have never sold us anyways. They held onto Silva for three more years despite financial issues. We got Ozil in his prime a year later for cheap though so that was good. And Mou chose Modric over Silva in 2012 which turned out to be a great decision. Proper world class CMs are hard to find always. CAMs and hybrids not so much.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and Prit Javier repped this.
  25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    But was Kaka really that bad or did Mourinho just destroy him? When Kaka joined, I remember all the talk was about him settling in much better than Ronaldo (at the beginning of course). There was a lot of people here at the same who did point out he was not the player who won the Balon Dor when he arrived but I remember his performances being okay but he just spent a lot of time on the bench