Real Fan Club!!!

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by JefeToro, Nov 22, 2004.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a shot at the newbie? Or a shot at me?

:confused:

What exactly are you trying to say?
    If you have something to say to me say it.

2. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Clear and concise in my mind, vague and indefinite in type. Hell no, not you 3rd.

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    its not what he said that makes me mad its what he called MTA and how belligerent he was

4. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least someone is doing it. Even if it is only 100 people on average, at least its a good start. It could be worse. It could be 50 people, or even just 20.

D.C United supporters clubs, are an example to be followed. IF it was YOU, or Chicago, or Metrotards, or SJ, or ANY other team that had as rabid and large supporters clubs, I would be wildly envious. Instead I just get to feel lucky that I just happen to be from an area that just happend to get a very successful club in all respects. I suppose D.C's very international flare helps, but still, lucky none the less.

I personally would be absolutely thrilled if MORE clubs in MLS had supporters clubs that could rival ours. Right now the only one I can think of that comes close to equal is Chicago.

Also, 250 in the sections for a match at RFK would be for a pretty low attended game. Probably around 13 or 14 K. For the 20K plus games, you are lookin at at LEAST 500. Hell, we had about 350 or so up at GIANTS for our first playoff match. 350 for an AWAY MATCH! Granted its sort of close by comparison but still. From what I know, the SE's (Screaming Eagles) membership base numbers around 1,400 worldwide, and Barra Brava's I belive is something like 5-700.

For some reason, I suppose its the championships, tho it could be other things too, D.C United seems to be far and away the most internationally known club in MLS. I suppose it could be the traditional style shield/ logo, kits, name, and brand as well too though. In most cases if Soccer in the US/ north American comes up in a conversation with a foreigner (overseas) D.C United is the team that everyone seems to know. Ive heard coments about DCU being the Man U of America and such, plenty of times. I dont like it, but i guess in a way its flattering that at least one club in MLS is that recognized.

Now that you guys have a new brand/ identity, maybe your home openner is a great time to start new? Or at least reorganize and redouble your efforts and go all out in drumming up support in as many ways as possible?

Im really curious to see how your attendance is affected w/ the new stadium and new identity. I hope for our sports sake that yours, and the two expansion clubs are huge successes. As much as I hate the former Burn, the Metros... etc... the desire to see our sport GROW and PROSPER in our country does in fact outweigh any rivalry hatred, at least for now until we "make it big".

Good luck with everything new next year.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok good.
    :)

6. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As much as it pains me to say it I think 3rd degree along with s8c of chicago are the best fan websites in terms of getting info scoops. I will toot the Barra horn and say we get interesting things like exclusive Q&A sessions with players and of course our infamous pictures.

Anyway, what was I going to say. Keep the faith and all that, you Dallas fans. Its not hard to support a team with a history like DC, but it takes a lot more effort to get out there every game for a team, that, well, lets face it, hasnt been all that great over the years. Hopefully this new stadium of yours will inject some life (although Im wary because I hear there might still be football lines in it) into your franchise and swell your supporters numbers a bit.

I think the key thing is making a good first impression: dont go out of your way to impress first timers, but make sure they feel welcome and appreciated as well as making sure they are taking an active role in contributing to the atmosphere inside. This is how I got sucked in to La Barra Brava...I was a fan of DC United before this season, but now I would think most people consider me a fanatic.

Also: ROADTRIPS! Try and have at least one of these (I know East Coast Geography is a lot smaller, but you guys could probably manage a bus up to KC or something!) This is a great way to have time to get to know your fellow supporters even better, and it always makes for a memorable time.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    this is turning into the worst thread ever, first some clown wants to start a "real" supporters group unlike the fake one we already have. Then another clown comes in here and tries to tell us how much we suck and how to run our supporters group. Then theo is up to his usual crap of how he can't compare Dallas to an Argentine club because Dallas blow big balls and Argentina and everything else south of the US is dream land. Then to top it all off some DC clown acts like he's going to take our side but ends up gloating about how DC has the "best" supporters group and how great DC, which I'm really fvcking sick of hearing because I hate you bastards, every one of you DC supporters, get out! Do you have nothing else better to do but read our board and come in here and gloat?

And this goes out to everyone else, Jefe_whoever (not ElJefe), ViperSlaughter, DC fans, and even theo......don't like the club? Think we suck? Think the inferno is the biggest dissapointment since Steve Sampson took over LA? Great, we don't care. Everyone has an opinion, I'm proud of ya, but this is a place for people like me and other die hards to talk about FC Dallas, and the glory days of the Burn and everything else.....we don't need your nay saying asses in here anymore. Don't like the team? Get lost.

8. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOW. Hate much? Bitter much?

I didnt come here gloating. I came here stating facts. I said I feel LUCKY to be a fan of a successful club. IF I were gloating, I would have said everything that YOU said about your OWN club.. etc. I personally think all the supporters clubs, yes even the ESC are great things, and great for what they are. Like I said, my rivalry hate is less than my love of MLS and the sport as a whole.

If it pisses you off so much that you arent the best, then why not take that energy and turn it into something positive and use it to your advantage / gain in stead of being nasty? Seriously, would you rather sit on here and do this, or be able to come back and say to the rest of MLS something like "now look whose the best?" about YOUR club?

And whats wrong with reading other clubs boards? I mean seriously, were all fans of the league and of the game too right? I dont know about you but I like to get an idea of whats going on around the league and that includes other clubs news.. and thier fans/ supporters too.

Anyone will tell you that following a successful example is one of the best ways to ensure success for yourself/ your cause or whatever.

So you hate us, big whoop. maybe the difference is alot of us up here expend more energy loving our team than hating other teams fans.

9. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Actually, while HSG has invested in divisive cause, the Inferno has grown.

Seems that this kind of effect should roll UPhill - for once.

10. abilenecosmos

abilenecosmos Member

Nov 2, 2004
    The Rock
    My wife was not a fan of soccer until we met, but we went to a game this year and she was really impressed with the inferno. Granted there were not a great deal of you, she asked if we ever lived close enough to Dallas if we could join you guys. With this in mind, I would say you guys are doing a great job you totally converted her in one game. It takes time to build numbers, esp. in the fickle market that is Dallas, and I gurantee you that if I ever manage to live closer than AR we will be there in full force building up FC Dallas right along side you!!!

11. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have member in the West Coast as well as the East Coast and Mexico. I encourage you to join our ranks and become part of the family. Very soon membership process will begin and I encourage you to join. You will see postings soon. Living in Little Rock is not that far. Consider making two - four weekends for you and the Mrs. abilenecosmos to Frisco. Shop in Frisco or in Dallas, tailgate w/ us and enjoy the game on Saturday. On Sunday drive w/ ease to Little Rock and get ready for the week to come. Repeat what y'all did the last time...

12. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the Inferno had a chance to grow as big as the DC supporters. Both groups sat on the side but they were a lot larger so we could take aim at them. HSG said they wanted the Inferno to grow and they would help them but they sure don't envision a DC environment for Frisco. Instead of knocking off say 10% for one of their largest groups and offering the flexipasses that are absolutely necessary for said group near the middle (not the high dollar seats), they instead offered no discount and only offered the flexis in the end zone. It is their club and their stadium but it was also clearly their choice and vision to have the supporters in the end zone instead of the DC model.

Theo has interpretted this and other actions as a way to sink the Inferno and start their own group down the road. Others have embraced the end zone and are attempting to make it work. I am split, I think they missed the chance to have La Raza Latina in the end zone and the Inferno more in the middle to create two big supporters sections. To create the most raucous environement in the league down the road. I do believe that if Andy Swift was still in charge that would have happened. Does that mean that my plan is better? Way too early to tell, but HSG has made a very concious choice.

Finally, the newbies are upsetting with personal charges but many of their ideas have been discussed over the years especially recruitment and growth. The Inferno is not doing everything they could because it is very difficult to pull off a lot of those ideas. It would be a benefit to all to work together first to compare plans.

13. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    And we were all under 35.

14. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to burning247 again.
    Dammit, somebody rep Ryan for me.

15. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done...

16. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Its obvious the people with the criticisms dont know jack about members of the Inferno. I think we all agree we need more numbers, but starting a spereate group isnt going to accomplish anything for anyone.

And for taking a shot at Mrs Texas Arsenal about not being passionate- Youre talking about someone ,while new to MLS, has embraced this team from the FO to the field with sheer enthuiasm that any professional team would be proud to have. From handing out FC Dallas/Inferno flyers on Halloween, to proudly wearing FC Dallas/Burn/Inferno gear for all to see, to watching practices. She absolutely lives for this team and that becomes very evident very quickly.

I suggest you actually meet members of the Infenro before making personal criticisms.

17. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Are you hip with getting to the stadium at noon for a 7:30 game and staying afterwards until who knows when? There are plenty of members under 35 (myself included) but when everyone is together supporting our team the thought of age goes out the window.

18. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's good to see you so energetic in the morning! Evidently the bloke was talking out of his arse. Those who know MTA (and that should be a bunch) know better!

19. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks ! I needed that.

20. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would call you an idiot, a moron or a fool - but I don't know you. So I won't. I suggest you take the time to get better informed before you start insulting people you don't know.

I am 36 years old, one year over your Mendoza Line and I will drink you under the table any day.

Again, you must not have been at too many tailgates because this year's Inferno crowd is the youngest I have seen in years.

So in closing, people want to come in here and rag on the Inferno. That's fine, wd can take it. But be careful. Think before you post. A couple of you have NO CLUE what you are saying and are just talking out of your ass.

21. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen!

22. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Aww... thanks TA.
    Yes, we do need more people and once things get finalized with membership for next year I fully intend on setting up some sort of recruiting plan. I have a few ideas. Starting up another supporters section is not needed. We have a great group of passionate people in this one. Stupid to compare MLS and other world soccer. Hopefully MLS will get there some day but they are not there yet. In the end, if you have such great passion and ideas join us .. we need you! BUT don't start judging people you don't even know.

23. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it's fair to blame the whole mess on Viper.

Even though I admire her passion myself, it was Mrs TA who threw the plastic cup of beer by calling the initial post ASSININE.

24. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx

Wasting beer???? Now thats ASSININE!

25. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And isn't it only for current STHs or Inferno members?
    Agree on the other things too.