Real Cartagena?

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by Katie18, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Katie18

Katie18 New Member

United States
    Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello,
    I'm planning to visit Cartagena next month with my family, and my husband has found that Real Cartagena has a match while we're there. He and I have traveled quite a bit, and we've generally enjoyed checking out soccer games in various places as a fun way to get outside of the central tourist areas. However, on this trip, we will be bringing our two young children. It's their first time in South America, and I would love to take them to a game. However, while I've been to plenty of games that I would consider to be family-friendly, I've also been to a couple that were downright unsafe. Does anyone have any insight on this team/stadium? Is the area safe enough? Is it fairly easy to find a taxi or other transportation afterwards? Or would this just be a Bad Idea? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can't think of any one who post from or have roots from Cartagena. I will speak of my personal experience in Barranquilla. It's safe despite the location of the stadium being at a not so nice part of the city. There's lots of police presence outside and inside of the stadium. I would recommend buying the most expensive seats available because that would drastically reduce the possibility of experiencing a negative incident. Please share you experience if you do decide to venture out to the game.

3. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. Katie18

Katie18 New Member

United States
    Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you! Do you know if I can purchase tickets ahead of time, or just at the stadium?

5. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I have no idea. I usually have my cousin work out those details. Real Cartagena is a small club so y guess is only at the door.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hello, first of all you have know that is a second division match in a city where the passion is the boxing and baseball, not football. You wont have problems getting tickets....but for the same reason i dont know how safety and calm for tourist meansis go to the stadium there.

I think that the best idea is to arrive and ask in the hotel if they recommend you to go there and help you how to arrive there....maybe will assign you an special driver or something.

ps: enjoy cartagena..got to cafe to del mar in dowton to wacth the sunset, go to islas del rosario...............beaches of the city are not so beatiful, as in the island...

minus repped this.
  7. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never been to Cartagena but i can imagine its not a very nice experience like some people might think from other countries.
    lack of security shady spots for the stadium

I would only go to a big game in the major cities
    Cartagena has been in relegation for a while long forgotten

pepinointer repped this.