REAL BETIS vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Matchday 27 | 08.03.2020 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Does Jovic deserve to be in the match squad?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2020.
  1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

7.1%
  3. Who cares

28.6%
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What is the point of starting Marcelo if you are going to replace him with Mendy When the game is tied after 60mins. He is literally wasting a sub just to please Marcelo.

This is one of the many things about Zidane which makes absolutely no sense.

Prit Javier repped this.
  2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly, as much as I dislike benzema on the pitch, it's not benzema's problem that he keeps starting every game. It's the blind coach that continues to start him game after game.

Modric-87 and Prit Javier repped this.
  3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Marcelo should be in his last season as a Real Madrid player, he doesn't have it anymore. Frankly it could have happened at the end of last season but I hope it is in a few months and he is able to leave through the front door rather than with a lot of controversy. The club will want to handle him very gently as he is loved by everyone and has given the club everything he has.

Prit Javier, Digital and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was one thing to put out a bad lineup

It was something else entirely to react in the way he did

That game was like watching a slow motion car crash for 90 minutes

Anon., RMrules, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  5. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Benzema scored !! Recovering Benzema's form is the priority. Doesnt matter we had to drop just 3 points. Totally worth it.

RMrules and Prit Javier repped this.
  6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I know but starting Mendy is not going to jeopardize that front door exit, specially if we actually win..
    He already started in el classico, he could have easily sat this one out.

Prit Javier, Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What were zidane's excuses in the press conference?
    Is it the "we had a great 2nd half but we were just unlucky..." Or the "I choose the best players to play".

Prit Javier repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People need to stop pretending like this isn't the routine for us every season in la liga in the last decade.

Take charge of La Liga at some point. We feel this is our year. Lose the league to Barca come end of season.

Textbook prediction/expectation. Same old news.

RMrules and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We’re literally the Arsenal of La Liga. Absolute bottlers for sure.

I’ll put money on Barca winning it next year also.

EDIT: And I wanna know where those that backed Zidane to the highest are? They need to show themselves and try and defend his ********ing nonsense v Betis and the weeks prior.

MaxY, Modric-87, RMrules and 1 other person repped this.
  10. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    There is still 10 games to go, soooo much time. The league should already have been won by us but I guarantee Barcelona will drop points more than once away by the end. If Zidane still doesn't get his shit right in these last 10 league games then it is time to start asking serious questions.

Anon. and Prit Javier repped this.
  11. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i believe he pulled or tore his hamstring in the game, that’s why Mendy came on.

Prit Javier repped this.
  12. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We draw Barcelona away and win them at home. This team better get their bloody heads together and bring home the league. Can't believe our last 5 games (including CLs) result. That Barcelona win will mean nothing if we choke again and again FFS.

Prit Javier repped this.
  13. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    yeh but i am sure he would prefer spain over UK so we have some advantage

14. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Solari would have had him gone at the end of last season and rightly so. Zidane just keeps using old guard blindly

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Difference this time is that the league winners will have the lowest points probably since 2006-07. Barca have dropped so many points which wasn't the case when Valverde won back to back. They were a very good league team. We have finally beaten Barca, Atletico this season, but throwing away all that advantage with questionable line ups at Mallorca, Levante, Betis etc.

17. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will say it again, Solari was at least trying to find a squad that works and was integrating youngsters. We all knew it was a transition season and it would be painful. Zidane just sticks to the same formula. I am not convinced by him. In fact much less, compared to Solari.
    We can still win, but even if we end up on top at the end of the season, I would rather see someone else coaching the team next season.

Stiliyan, robnycus, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solari starting Reguilon over Marcelo vs Zidane starting Marcelo over a player we spent 50 mil. to buy in Mendy.

That's all there needs to be said.

19. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I was happier with Solari as well. He understood that things needed to change unlike ZZ. He integrated Llorente as well who was a beast those few gales he played.

Edino Edinho and Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    Good news? Are you ****in kidding me? I get that some of you are pissed that Benz, Marcelo aren’t playing well, but if the coach plays them, they’ll play, so be pissed at the coach. It’s also sad when you think, Marcelo is a club legend. he’s been at the club for more than a decade and given so much to it, and this is the kind of - what have you done for me lately attitude he deserves? Piss poor attitude.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What i find weird with Zidane is that he makes one step forward then 5 steps back. He does a great job with Valverde, then Valverde is out of crucial matches. Mendy establishes himself as the number 1 no questions asked solution and he's out. Kroos playing the best football he can possibly play, and he doesn't play a minute vs City. Vinicius is a constant threat and is lighting it up, Hazard returns from injury and plays straight away, we drop points as a result.

Why all this desperation in constantly trying to reinvent the wheel?

sneakking, meringues, Doni and 11 others repped this.
  22. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I was happier with Solari as well. He understood that things needed to change unlike ZZ. He integrated Llorente as well who was a beast those few gales he played.

23. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    100% it’s a mystery that we will probably never know the answer to. A player scores, next game he’s kept out, a player performs well and he’s not consistently in the starting line up. It just doesn’t make any sense.

yoanaidarov and Prit Javier repped this.
  24. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He just didn't have a great squad last year

25. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I think its pointless benching players the only player who needs rest is Casemiro since he plays most games