Real Betis Balompie Official Thread 2013-14 (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Pichi, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    New season and Europe bound for Er Glorioso!!

Ese Beti Oe!!

2. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    A new signing and a player leaving Er Glorioso.

Betis signed 30 year old midfielder Joan Verdu from Espanyol. His contact had expired and he signed for 4 years, the salary amounts were not disclosed.

Benat was picked up by Athletic for 8 million euros and he signed a 5 year contract with the salary amounts not disclosed.

With the lastest signings and sales Betis has picked up the following players:

Juanfran (Castilla)
    Andersen (Evian)
    Cedrick (Numancia)
    Chuli (Recreativo)* Back from loan
    Lorenzo Reyes (Huachipato)
    Verdú (Espanyol)

Gone are the following:

Adrián (West Ham)
    Cañas (Swansea)
    Pabón (Monterrey)
    Beñat (Athletic)
    Pozuelo (Swansea)
    Ángel (No team, contract expired)
    Casto (No team, contract expired)

Ese Beti Oe!!

3. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here is the latest news on trades so far this summer for Er Glorioso:

Signings:

Traded, Loaned or Released:
    Adrián (West Ham),
    Cañas (Swansea),
    Pabón (Monterrey-was on loan),
    Beñat (Athletic),
    Pozuelo (Swansea),
    Ángel-Contract Expired
    Casto-Contract Expired
    Fabricio-Contract Expired
    Campbell (Arsenal-was on loan),
    Juan Carlos (Braga),
    Ezequiel (Huelva)
    Ruben Perez (At. Madrid was on loan)

It looks like they will also sign Argentinian goalkeepr Guillermo Sara (At. Rafaela) to a 4 year contract. There is also news that Betis is after Bojan, but I will believe it when I see him wearing a green and white Betis jersey.

Ese Beti Oe!!

4. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I've seen Bojan play about 20 times over the past couple years. If I were a Betis fan, I would be hoping they don't waste their money on him. Plays with his head down, inconsistent passer, dribbles into his defender all the time. Italian football was not his game.

5. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Bojan has been loaned to Ajax.

6. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Er Glorioso adds another player. Markus Steinhofer a German who plays for FC Basel in in Sevilla and just passed his physical exam. He is a defender and has played for the German Sub-21 NT and is 27 years old. Guess we'll know how much Betis will be paying for him. His contract expired with Basel.

Ese Beti Oe!!

7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  8. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here is the list of players no longer on the team:

Adrián (West Ham), Cañas (Swansea), Pabón (Monterrey), Beñat (Athletic), Pozuelo (Swansea), Ángel López (Las Palmas), Casto (Murcia), Fabricio, Campbell (Arsenal), Ezequiel (Recreativo), Rubén Pérez (Elche), Mario (Baku), Molins (Anderlecht) y Agra (Braga).

Ese Beti Oe!!

9. terrywilson

terrywilson Member

May 3, 1999
    Atlanta Ga.
    Should be a good year really looking forward to it this year.

10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This coming Sunday's Everton-Betis friendly will be televised live on GOLTV here in the US at 0700 hrs PST, 1000 hrs EST.

Ese Beti Oe!!

Footy Magoo repped this.
  11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    liked the way the club looked today vs RM. IMHO the winning goal looked off, but what can you do when you are visiting the Bernabeu? Still a good run today!!!

12. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Those missed chances in the first half cost Er Glorioso the victory. Had they gotten the second goal it would have definitely been a big uphill battle for the Merengues, instead they came home without any points.

Here are the match highlights compliments of the Manquepierda website:

http://www.manquepierda.com/blog/84...al-madrid-2-real-betis-1-1-jornada-2013-2014/

Ese Beti Oe!!

13. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I don't know how Betis lost to Celta. They controlled play, had alot of strong chances, but ran into a hot GK. I guess that's futbol, though.

14. terrywilson

terrywilson Member

May 3, 1999
    Atlanta Ga.
    need to take points this weekend...

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Ray Charles whose music I admire could have been the Celta keeper and they still would have lost, never saw so many wasted opportunities in my life. Looks like tonight's UEFA Europa League match against Jablonec may have been a turning point and if they can score like tonight it will be as the Cars were known to have sung: "Let the good times roll"! Woot, Woot!! Time to beat Espanyol on the road.

Ese Beti Oe!!

16. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    two boring draws in a row & both played @ home

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just got back from Spain however due to late KO's was not able to see Er Glorioso at home since trains stopped service before matches were over and wasn't going to spend a night in a hotel to see Er Glorioso. Did the usual pilgrimage to Heliopolis and hit the team store. What a piece of shit for a store, nothing has changed except the location in the last 8 years. No polo shirts, the T-shirts celebrating the Europa League were either 3XXXL or little kid sizes, sweatshirts that had more space taken up by Macron lettering than Real Betis lettering. The marketing department has no clue, the Corte Ingles had more Betis items for adults than the store. The amount and quality of Sevilla FC items in the Corte Ingles overwhelmed the Betis section. At the end instead of spending a lot of money in the store due to the little inventory they offered just picked up their black and green second jersey, a book, a new flag and two banners for my kids, that's it! Very but very disappointed at the crap Betis has to offer their supporters, and as I have always said being a Betico is no easy feat with the incompetent folks running the club.

The only good news during my trip was that while I was gone ATT UVerse finally added BeIn Sports to their channel listing and I was able to see Er Glorioso defeat Villareal this past weekend! Woot!!

Ese Beti Oe!!

Robdog repped this.
  18. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Good story. Shame you couldn't goto Estadio Benito Villamarín. I would punch my mother in the stomach to watch a match there. Salaud Betico!!!

19. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good to see that there is a hiatus next week due to NT matches because Er Glorioso needs all the help they can get both on the offensive side (they really really miss Ruben Castro) and on defense (looked very weak today). With the loss Betis drops to 13th place with 8 points, 5 points from a Europa League slot. Here is the match summary in English.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/report/373142/report.html?soccernet=true&cc=5901

Ese Beti Oe!!

20. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    real shame today in the derbi. Like I felt before the season started, there was too much displacement w/ Los VerdiBlancos & we are seeing the consequences :(

21. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Some of your fellow Betis fans were captured on video mocking Paulao and making monkey noises. I hope your country's laws bring these individuals the punishment they deserve.

Stay classy.

22. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

I'm not a Betis fan, but can you name a club in Europe that doesn't have a segment of racist fans?

23. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Stosic signed or brought back 13 players this past summer and only 3-4 are Primera Division category and it has really shown this season. With RC down with the injury Betis can't buy a goal if they tried, and December may be too late for new players (strikers who have proven they can score goals). What I was most disappointed with was the two weeks that Pepe Mel had to get the players ready for the match and they blew it before the 2 minute mark, and Paulao did the rest at the 34 minute mark with his red card. Their play was awful and as a Betico I was embarrassed to say the least at the display on the pitch, if you are going to lose in a derby at least give it your all and leave with your head held high. This Sunday Er Glorioso firmly holding down last place takes on 19th place Rayo at home and if they lose I would imagine that Pepe Mel will get his walking papers and a draw may not save him either. The game will not be shown on BeIn Sports but on their stream at 0300 hrs PST, 0600 hrs EST.

Ese Beti Oe!!

24. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    A very sad day for Beticismo as ex player and now ex coach Pepe Mel was given his walking papers after getting canned tonight after the Board of Directors met to decide his fate. Attached is the video of the press conference. The run of poor results thanks to a numerous lousy and cheap signings by Stosic who in my view should be the one shown the door did Pepe Mel in. Not a single of the 13 signings was able to pick up the slack for Ruben Castro when he went on the disabled list. Mel it should be noted took over for Betis when they were wallowing in Segunda and he got them promoted and into the Europa League finishing ahead of their cross town rivals. He will be replaced by ex Villareal and Club Brugge coach Juan Carlos Garrido. Animos Pepe y gracias por todo lo que has dado al Glorioso.

http://www.marca.com/2013/12/02/futbol/equipos/betis/1386015684.html

Viva Er Beti Manque La Directiva!!

Robdog repped this.
  25. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    True sad day. The guy that was a Betico through & through got the sack. Again, I lay the blame on the FO & not Mel.