Reading v QPR, Sun 30 Apr . . . tickets?

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by HooInLondon, Apr 20, 2006.

1. HooInLondon

HooInLondon New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    London
    I'm an American transplanted to London for a year . . . 30 Apr is my last chance to see Bobby and Marcus live this season (owing to my student status, i.e., NO money, I haven't seen them play yet).

Anyways, I realize now that tickets are sold out, or at least that's what the message says when I called to inquire. So, is there any way I could score three tickets for this match? Are there any reputable ticketing agents in the city that someone could recommend? It would be myself, my wife and a friend (who's wife just had a baby . . . he needs an afternoon out).

Thanks for any help!

2. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, going to move this to England: Other Divisions (YA isnt a good place to discuss tickets).

Unfortunately we don't have a Reading forum as of yet. I'll leave the redirect though so that if Reading fans visit YA they can still find this thread.

I've had a lot of luck in London just buying tickets from one of those kiosks on the street, but they normally rape you - and mind you, this was for London sides, and some 15-20 years ago, so things might have changed.

Maybe somebody in the England forum can help you out. And yes, the Reading / QPR match is sold out, unfortunately.

3. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    QPR still have 1000 tickets left, but you have to be on their ticket database to buy a ticket.

If you know any QPR fans they they should be able to get you one. If they don't sell those 1000 then you may even be able to pay on the day in the QPR end (check the official QPR site for details). Of course it would mean sitting with the QPR fans.

Annoyingly, if last weekend was anything to go by, there'll be a few spaces in the home stands with some half season-ticket holders not bothering to turn up.

4. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    I'll be there!! I can't wait!! I told my wife that I was tempted to take a big American flag so Marcus would give me his jersey but she said that was poor form so I won't.

Richard will you be there and more importantly will the girl in your advatar be there? haha

5. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    there are a few American flags about the place usually, possibly people with the same idea. Irish flags, also, and at least a couple of Senegal flags. I think I've seen the Icelandic flag fluttering too. Very cosmopolitan place.

I'll be there, but sadly she won't be, for outside the world of the photoshop package, she supports Oldham. I don't begrudge them. Oldham need the support as much as she does.

6. HooInLondon

HooInLondon New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    London
    Thanks for giving me a heads up about this. Perhaps I can track someone down. Are there any QPR supporters out there on the board that might be able to help?