Read this it's funny and sad at the same time.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GIO17, Aug 25, 2002.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    This Italian wants to sue the Ecuadorean Referee for the Red Card dive in the World Cup Quarterfinal against South Korea. Some International court of law and Some of the Italian players as well as head coach Giovanni Trapattoni to be called upon as witnesses.

http://espn.go.com/soccer/news/2002/0823/1421910.html

If this case does happen and he wins, I think we should sue Hugh Dallas of Scotland for not calling the PK against Germany to allow us to get an opportunity to equalize the match.

Seriously. I think this guy is a complete nut and should be sent to the funny farm.

2. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    good idea...:D
    but honestly, it's hard to get over that hand ball (from which the US deserved the pk) because the US team were undoubtedly on fire and dominated that game...we could have won...

...ciao!
    ...the surfdiva

3. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Maybe he should sue Trappatoni for having a stable of elite forwards but choosing to sit on a one-goal lead. Heck, maybe he should sue a long line of Italian coaches for this tactic, which has kept them from winning more than one cup since the 1930s, despite their constant talent advantage.

4. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    If this does happen in the states, we'll finally know that soccer has finally arrived.

5. Aidaen

Aidaen Member

Aug 24, 2002
    East Lansing, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love the dig at Italian soccer. :)

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Preston................

I think we've got our turd of the week.
    (at the very least a dingleberry)

--Tom

7. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    My favorite part of the article is the bit about Sepp Blatter. "He called on Italians to show dignity in defeat."

Given some of the stuff that goes on around politics and soccer in Italy, this is relatively dignified.