*Read Me Before You Post*

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The BigSoccer Community welcomes you to BigSoccer, the largest online community for soccer fans. However, we ask that you follow a few rules in posting here. Since this is the first forum in which many 'newbies' post, we thought it best to put this little reminder here.

1. Please make sure you're very familiar with the Terms of Service. This is the contract all members agree to before they can post. Some of the rules in the TOS include:

• All members must be at least 13 years of age.
    • No member will post anything obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, or threatening.
    • No member will post anything which they know to be false, inaccurate, abusive, or derogatory.
    • No member will post copyrighted material unless the copyright belongs to them.
    2. Slightly harder to find within the TOS is the anti-spamming rule. Let me quote:

And the moderators, upon seeing one of these type of messages, do delete them and do often request yellow and/or red cards for the offending member. Which brings me to...

3. Yellow and Red Cards. These are given out by the SuperMods (of which there are four) at the request of the Mods (of which there are dozens). A Yellow card denies a member the ability to start a thread, but they may continue posting. A Red card denies a member the ability to post at all, but they may continue to view the site. They are removed at the discretion of the mod who requested it or at the discretion of the administrator, in the case of Red cards.

My name is Adam. I am one of the two moderators of this forum. If you have any questions about BigSoccer in general, the legitimacy of a particular message, whether or not what you'd like to post is allowed, feel free to PM me. You can do this by clicking on my username and selecting 'Send a Private Message to ProfZodiac'.

We look forward to seeing continued contributions from our newer members.

The Introduction Forum Moderators,
    ProfZodiac and Chicago1871

FootyKing repped this.
  2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he said.

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Upcoming World Cup

As the World Cup approaches there will inevitably be an increase in traffic to the site as well as an influx of new members. Emotions are high, and tempers will flair, but please conduct yourselves with the same dignity and respect for others as the players on your teams will. For those of you who are new, please acquaint yourselves with the Terms of Service that were kindly posted above. For those of you who aren't new, please reacquaint yourselves with the TOS.

The 2006 World Cup Forum is a place for respectful conversation and discussion, and the World Rivalries Forum is the place to talk smack, please don't confuse the two.

Thank you, and please enjoy your BigSoccer experience.