Re: Week 8 Matches

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by KDdidit, Nov 28, 2004.

1. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    First time in a month I'd consider myself the favorite. Zooperstars (me) up 1-0 in the 18th

(edit hurray for posts jumping around)

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Week 8 Matches

No score thru 16 minutes although my best player has a yellow card already.

3. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    No score going into the 19th. 4-4-2 vs my 4-5-1. Here's to hoping for another 3 points.

4. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    im playin the #2 in the league and i pressed. got some good turnout and i think ill expand my stadium. the match id is: 29175682

good luck to everyone tonight

5. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My oppostion for this week spent about $750,000 this week on five players but decided only to start one of them.

I'm up 3-0.

6. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

it looks like they were all trainees except for 1

7. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ht 3-0 up w/ 75% of possesion.

8. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Winger who just popped to Excellent this week decided to celebrate by injuring himself in the 44th minute...

But only after I went ahead 2-1. Halftime now, opponent with 51% possession.

9. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    So far my match has been a snoozer. 2 yellow cards, a goal, an inexperience event which we failed to cash in on, and one other missed chance. Did get 66% posession at least. I'm out for the 2nd half which will give me an idea if I can PIC against this team next week at home.

10. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    PIC'ed it against the #8 team who decided it was best not to field a team.

5-0 victory for me.
    :)

11. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I'm only up 2-0 despite 75% possession. His guy got carded for diving. Hopefully my team picks up the pace and runs up the score in the 2nd half because I need to catch up on goal differential, which the top 2 teams currently have +27 and +28... and they are up 3-0 and 4-0 respectively... meanwhile I came into today with +11 so if the scores stay as they are, I'm going to lose ground! And this is the worst team in the league I'm against! :(

12. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    0-0 at the half.
    I have posession at 58%.
    Two missed chances. One shot on goal, one freekick.

1 yellow card to my opponent, no shots on goal.

I'll take a tie, I can use the points! C'mon Henderson!

13. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks to some advice on this board, im sittin pretty up 3-0, although i just lost my winger and top scorer for "some time"...

14. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed two chances due to lack of concentration. :rolleyes:

15. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Game has tied 2-2 in the 78th. I know my team can pull out one more goal...

opponents put one away in the 80th. 2-3 for them. 6 minutes left to equalize..

Fulltime, lost 2-3. I feel had my team not pulled back to defend a 2 goal lead we'd have won. Any idea what causes a team to pull back at a certain time? My coach is fond of attacking, I'd figure that would at least keep the team playing attacking soccer until they have at least a 3 goal lead.

16. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won the game 4-0. Picked up one yellow, but no injuries. I think I'll PIC next week at home.

My total player expierence was disastrous, whatever that means, heck it's lower than my usual wretched.

17. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Won 3-nil with ease. One of my players almost has 6 *s now. :)

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lost 3-1 in another WTF game. *Sigh* these are getting kind of annoying. Got him again next week, should be able to take him this time, I'm thinking of MOTSing it, because I need the win, and I've already confirmed a mutual PIC the following week.

19. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    7-1, still in 3rd place :(

20. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I did not take my opponent as seriously as I should have and ended up dropping the game 3-2 to the now 5th place team. His *expletive deleted* is mine next week.

21. SupremoPete

SupremoPete New Member

May 18, 2004
    England
    I won 3-0 and im not 7 points clear at the top of my league. I can have promotion/play off wrapped up with 3 or 4 weeks to go at this rate

22. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Lost 3-1 away to the top team in my series, and I suspect he MOTS'd. Next week it's at my house, I'll be MOTS, and his ass will be mine.

If I win or not, I don't expect him to lose any more games this season. This will set him up for automatic promotion, and an embarassing season wherever he ends up in DV. He has NO training program.

I'll be happy to be the top dog next season in my series, and I doubt any relegated DV will be able to compete with me then. It's all going exactly as I planned! Mwah ha ha!

23. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    In what may be a record, I was in my fifth straight 5-1 game (4 losses, 1 win). I'm in 8th place, 4 points away from 6th. Only 12k and change in attendance. I don't think my supporters are very happy with me now.

On the plus side, my best IM pulled 4.5 stars, a first for him. And another IM had his best performance.

24. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    PCFC lost 3-1 to Dawn of Twilight. With a 2-0-5 record at midseason, I'd say my main goal now is to finish in the playoff zone as opposed to automatic relegation.

Back to the game.......it's hard to win if you miss 3 damn chances like I did. I hate that. And it's also a bad sign when your 3-5-2 formation loses possession to a club sporting a 3-4-3. DoT deserved the win, though, seeing as how he dominated every aspect of the game. He outrated me in midfield, offense, and defense.

Panther City FC
    II.3 - USA

25. puddleduck

puddleduck Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Providence, RI
    Won 3 - 1 for my first league victory period. The fans are delerious and so am I.

Next week is the rematch with my Motsing at his house, I expect a repeat. If that comes to pass and other results fall as expected then I'll only need a repeat of my tie vs. the other team fighting for 6th place to get a relegation qualifier in my first full season in a moderately tough div. V.

Also I really feel for my friendly opponent this week. He seems to have made some horrible mistakes.

His arena:
    Total capacity: 1520
    Terraces: 40
    Basic seating: 900
    Seats under roof: 560
    Seats in VIP boxes: 20

and this transfer is just brutal:

8/24/2004 Bought Jarvis Keaton from White Hart FC 1,434,000 1 360
    8/28/2004 Sold Jarvis Keaton to UA United $429,000 1 360

He's had his team almost a year and I'm already much stronger than him across the board.